Diablo® III

Nerfing Crit possibly fixes everything wrong with D3.

PAZ-

GTFO----- All i gotta say. QQ
All anyone wants anymore is high dps and vitality, resistance, and armor mean nothing to most players. But don't play with critical, just make the game hard again like it was at the beginning. All those great and cool looking elete attributes that used to damage you are a joke now. Let's face it the game has been watered, dumbed, and is now only suitable for cry baby players that never want to die. I have seen it so often that if a player has a death experience then he quits the game. Well is Blizzard only going to cater to them or to the real Diablo fans that want a good hard game like it should be!
Edited by charliedog#1702 on 1/22/2013 7:51 AM PST
01/22/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Arthus
I didn't play wizard or WD, but I know wizard has items that regen energy on crits and WD can regen on kill.

nerfed crit = not effective critical mass =poor AP for crit = no Wizzard class in D3 ...
forget it, bro, you can`t even imagine how wizards (and their builds) are connected to crit chance :-)
nerfed crit = not effective critical mass =poor AP for crit = no Wizzard class in D3 ...
forget it, bro, you can`t even imagine how wizards (and their builds) are connected to crit chance :-)

THIS ^^^

The way to go is to entice us with new choices (i.e. the Marquise ruby) not with nerfs. When more useful choices are given, in a sense it's a passive "nerf" to the other stats in that they now have more "choice competition".
90 Orc Hunter
stop crying in d3 because your gear is crap .
What makes crit so valuable is the fact that skills require it to proc X and Y on crit. I guess im saying its the skill design that is messed up, not the crit stat. In D2 I think the amazon and barbarian were the only ones with critical hit, via talent tree.

If you design skills that require a certain stat to proc someting, than people are forced to stack that stat.
Edited by Virulent#1510 on 1/22/2013 9:08 AM PST
The problem is not crit chance, it's crit damage modifier. Yes, you need cc for cdm to be useful, but it's cdm that reaches excessive levels. They should remove cdm; simply lock it in to a specific value and have a few skills modify it.
01/20/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Paz
Crit trivializes the content, which is against the design philosophy of things supposedly being "very hard" in Inferno mode.

The content was trivialized when Blizzard nerfed Inferno for the second time, before they even added monster power.

As far as crit goes, once you max out main stat, get a little attack speed, crit is the only way to increase damage even more. No, your solution will not fix itemization, your solution only eliminates the only way there is right now to increase damage past a certain level. If you want to fix itemization, you're gonna have to do a whole lot more than nerf one affix...
I know Blizzard is hesitant to nerf crit due to the massive outrage the community would surely experience... but for all the same reasons blizz nerfed Attack Speed, crit has got to go. Right now crit is the single determining factor on whether a piece of equipment is good, or if it's just medicore. You could have all perfect double stat primary roll with awesome vit/resistance, etc.. but no crit and it's laughably bad.

The itemization is extremely one-dimensional in this way. To make matters worse, actual balance is effected. Crit trivializes the content, which is against the design philosophy of things supposedly being "very hard" in Inferno mode. Crit allows for cheese builds like sprint/ww and critical mass/wicked wind... which no matter how much Blizz claims they like these builds, you cannot look me in the eye and say it was the developer's intent for those skills to synergize in that way.

Right now Crit Chance needs to be given a hard cap of... 30% (30% may be way too high, but I say to nerf it to that level, and then see how it holds up, and if necessary, drop it down to 25% max)

Crit damage needs to have the values cut in half on all equipment in all slots, and emeralds need to do soemthing else other than crit damage in weapons.. take that away, nerf it out entirely.

See if the game doesn't get better. A lot of people will be angry for a while, but just like Attack Speed nerf, eventually they'll forget about it and move on.. meanwhile balance returns to the item market, so that more than just 0.001% of items are worth anything.. suddenly all manner of items are worth something to someone.

The Economy gets fixed, Itemization gets fixed, OP builds get fixed, and the game becomes something resembling what the team intended it to be, again.

/edit - adding this latest reply to the Original Post so more people notice it.
Fine, community... you don't want crit nerfed. That's apparent. So, go onto the Auction House, and search for one of the expensive one-billion gold items. Now run a search on that exact item, property for property, value for value.. but just remove crit from it. That SAME exact awesome item is now worth roughly 100k.. if it even sells at all.

So Crit has 1000x+++ the value of any other stat.. and you DON'T think it's a problem? Ok, then.. you wouldn't be opposed to Blizzard making Crit roll on every single item that drops in Inferno then? Then you don't have to live with a nerf, you keep your insane DPS and Synergy build, but the value still lowers on crit and equalizes the market. The ONLY reason you'd be opposed to that change is out of greed.

Sorry to all that disagree and voted him down, but he's pretty much dead-on.

+1, dude.
01/22/2013 03:36 AMPosted by Baaalzamon
Thread is retarded...subject is retarded...op is retarded ... ppl who agree with OP are retarded..idea is retarded....lock thread, delete and move on....nothing more to see here but a bunch of retards trying to kill the game even more than it already has been

Everything you just said is wrong. I'm trying to un-kill the game, with my good game advice and by the way.. just got off the phone with Kripparian. He wanted to talk to me because of this thread. He agrees that nerfing crit is the right way forward, but he said the way I went about explaining it was fail.

He's coming out with a new video soon explaining the correct way to do it. Look forward to it, and I'll be back to gloat over all of you when you all change your minds and come around like the sheep you are, just because Kripparian said it. :D
Edited by Paz#1827 on 1/22/2013 11:35 AM PST
lolololol

I've skimmed through the thread and the vast majority of people who agree with OP have 50k DPS
lolololol

I've skimmed through the thread and the vast majority of people who agree with OP have 50k DPS

My barb as 100K+ and I think this needs to happen. Let's face it, crits are screwed up, and are way out of hand. Why is it alright to crit for 4 million damage when your normal hits are 30K?
More crybaby threads.Sorry but my crit has never gotten this high as some have siad and im sure blizzards itends were as intended so stop crying and just play.Its cc/chd that is getting me through this game right now due to over priced garbage in ah.
Edited by JacobsHell#1185 on 1/22/2013 11:42 AM PST
get rid of crit and get rid of weapon damage being so important.

there is only 1 build in diablo 3 now

high damage weapon, crit chance, crit damage, attack speed, main stat, vit all res

all needs to be nerfed

/scarcasm

I do feel that crit chance + damage is too strong, but the best solution (besides total item overhall which i pray for) is buffing other stats to compensate for loss of crit damage.

the problem with this is that no other stats in the game increase damage. I would like to see more affixes adding damage such as + elemental damage, + skill damage, +aps, ect so that when i roll a 250 int 100 vit +50 elemental damge, + 5% to shock pulse, and +5% holy damage gloves i dont care that its missing crit/ attack speed/ crit damage.
lolololol

My barb as 100K+ and I think this needs to happen. Let's face it, crits are screwed up, and are way out of hand. Why is it alright to crit for 4 million damage when your normal hits are 30K?

Why is it alright to crit for that much? Players are dealing too much damage?

You can't say ANYTHING if you can't solo MP 10. Quit crying about how your crits are doing too much damage on MP 0. Try MP 10 and tell me you deal too much damage.

Seriously.
Everyone will change their minds when Kripparian's new video comes out. He agrees with me 100%. I got the chance to meet him (online) and speak to him, because of making this thread. Like I said, just wait for his new vid explaining the right way to nerf Crit. I guess I was a little extreme but on the right track.
01/20/2013 02:48 PMPosted by WWWWWWWWWORP
I kinda agree ^ adding more options right now would be better as the number of ways to increase your damage is fairly low when compared to a game like d2. Like adding stuff like adds damage and % damage to non weapon gear would be nice to see.

i agree nerfing is not the answer they should instead buff other stats no one likes to see their stats go down or find out their above a cap with their gear.
leave crit ALONE...
stop nerfing what does not need to be fixed...
fix things like skills on WD WIZZ & MONK . . .
stop crying ! over crit... and fix things like weapon & items that have stats that just dont make sence like a manticore with 178 int, and Zombie wall on it...
come on blizz ppl... do something worth wild rather than sitting in your big building and cushy chairs and snack machines we would like skills and items stats to be fixed... for now at the very least... then worry about the other things later..
tyvm !
:)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]