Diablo® III

Nerfing Crit possibly fixes everything wrong with D3.

Buff thorns make it a % of damage received instead of just being a flat damage. Make the crappy crap viable and crit damage wont be the only option.

EDIT: Hell even buff elementals. Id love some poison dots, fire aoe, arcane armor reduction, holy health returns, and chains of lightning.

Why not even try super crazy things like health regen causing a degeneration of health on attacking monsters?
Edited by MajorAjer#1259 on 1/23/2013 3:40 AM PST
1. Diablo 3 isnt´t Diablo 2!

2. Nerfing or capping stats will force many players to stop playing, because they are feeling betrayed!

3. To the most complainers: "Play a class for more than 10k elite kills and build up your character to the end." This game was designed to bring up your char near to immortality, but not reaching caps or something -.-

4. There are caps atm! But they are not reachable that easy, it is nearly impossible! So, what are the most people here talking about?

5. If Blizzard would add caps, you will reach them and what after? Sounds boring!!

6. The Problem is not the game itself, the problem is the community!!!!

7. Every week an new complaint! What for? The most people do other things besides, go outside, have party´s, do a job, have family´s. They´re balanced in their lifes, no reason to complain.

8. Just play the game until you reach perfection on your characters, after that you can complain! But I think people are jealous of that guys which have the big gear........

9. Don´t mind the people which are buying gold to reach Nr.1 in D3 progress. These guys are loosers!

10. Get a life and play the game for fun -.-

Greetings from Europe and sorry for mistakes I have written :)
Edited by Nessana#2615 on 1/23/2013 4:57 AM PST
yep...lets nerf this as well so we can have ENTIRE 2 viable affixes.
nerfing crit wouldn't do anything, either it will still be best, items will stay 1000x more expensive or another stat would take its place and it will be 1000x more expensive

and saying this wasnt the same in d2 is just wrong... remove +2 skills from shako= wothless, remove +1 skills from soj=worthless, remove +3 skills from Hoto= worthless, you get the picture

what d2 did right compared to d3 is more options, and it doesn't need to be more dmg nesecassarily. remove +2 skills from enigma= would prob. still be used because it gave teleport --> options need to be something worth sacrficing dmg for

anyways my 2 cents
curious. maybe 1.08-09, i could see this being an interesting change. maybe once most the other stats are caustically articulated. eating away at the high points would create a new numbers game, but all in all i'd rather have more content to play on. without the random dungeons/world terrain, its hard to keep willing myself to continue my quest for loot and paragon levels.
While I agree that crit is way too powerful now, I don't think cc should be capped. However, cutting back on crit damage and possibly crit chance on items (and passives like ruthless, archery, and weapons master) should probably be done.
2. Nerfing or capping stats will force many players to stop playing, because they are feeling betrayed!

3. To the most complainers: "Play a class for more than 10k elite kills and build up your character to the end." This game was designed to bring up your char near to immortality, but not reaching caps or something -.-

4. There are caps atm! But they are not reachable that easy, it is nearly impossible! So, what are the most people here talking about?

5. If Blizzard would add caps, you will reach them and what after? Sounds boring!!

6. The Problem is not the game itself, the problem is the community!!!!

I agree. I have invested way too much time building my DH to where it is (not that great) to have Blizzard start nerfing desireable stats and giving handouts.
If blizzard wants to cut costs, sure, nerf crit... they'll be able to shut down 1/2 to 3/4 of the diablo 3 server farm
Damn it...if you nerf crit damage....at least buff movement speed so i can bob and weave a bit better lol.

I wish the cap for 25% MS was at least raised to 36%. Game is so much more fun when it's super fast paced.
Instead of nerfs on cc, cd, as, etc it would have been better to do caps. That way if cc can be on 8 items, you just need to make sure you ahve high rolls on 6 items to max out. This basically puts a cap on damage so the damage is dropped to a max of like 200k versus the current 500k. Then we wouldnt need 10 levels of MP and the 1 person at 500k is qq about MP10 being too hard. This also allows other affixes to become usefull like life regen, % chance to slow/stun, or armor. More people would have MF without sacraficing damage.

Technically a duel wield barb can have 400%cd and 20%cc just from weapons (with their passive). A barb can technically get to like 700%cd, 90% cc, +100% damage with abilities, which is just plain retarded. But this would require billions in gear and would only be acheived by 0.00000001% of the community. That super top % will complain the game is too easy but the developers are going do anything to help just that small top %.
I know, as a non barb, this would put the nail in the coffin.. When has a 50% crit chance not been obtainable in a crit based game? If I played all this time, upgraded every single slot on each of my characters 3 times minimum to maximize crit damages while playing defensive and this was changed to an even more basic game style, I wouldn't be coming back.

And for the record again, I don't play barbarian. If stacking damage while possessing defensive capabilities isn't fun, you sir are playing the wrong game and should go back to call of duty where you eliminate most fundamentals and only have to worry about aim and shoot.
01/20/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Paz
You could have all perfect double stat primary roll with awesome vit/resistance, etc.. but no crit and it's laughably bad.

Here's the problem with your argument. You could also have a piece of gear with perfect crit chance, good vit/resists... but without a good primary stat roll it's still laughably bad (and in the case of rings/gloves/amulet it'd need crit damage or attack speed as well).

Crit is a desirable stat, perhaps in some cases the most desirable, but it is not the only stat that people seek on gear. Thus your gear preferences are not as one-dimensional as you claim and your argument is invalid.
I'm at 56% CC and well north of 500% CD. That is te only thing that makes my DH fun to play. Seeing all those huge Crit hit numbers on screen as you wipe out hordes of demons! There has o be a better way, not Nerf anything!
01/23/2013 01:02 PMPosted by BadtotheBone
I'm at 56% CC and well north of 500% CD. That is te only thing that makes my DH fun to play. Seeing all those huge Crit hit numbers on screen as you wipe out hordes of demons! There has o be a better way, not Nerf anything!

If I capped you at 300% CD, and lowered the high end MP8/9/10 monster HP scaling to 1000/1500/2000 respectively, the monsters would drop just as fast. Balance works on give and take, and because of MP, there's something to take away after you nerf the player in order to compensate.

Crit damage is the reason MP scaling is so awful atm in Inferno. PVP would benefit from this change, and it would start being about survival too again.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/23/2013 1:13 PM PST
01/23/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Techies

If I capped you at 300% CD, and lowered the high end MP8/9/10 monster HP scaling to 1000/1500/2000 respectively, the monsters would drop just as fast. Balance works on give and take, and because of MP, there's something to take away after you nerf the player in order to compensate.

Crit damage is the reason MP scaling is so awful atm in Inferno. PVP would benefit from this change, and it would start being about survival too again.

Dumbest thing i've ever read.

Yes lets waste time reducing crit and at the same time lets reduce monster hp, so that everything stays exactly the same just with smaller numbers?!?!!?!!

There's nothing wrong with MP scaling, alot of people roll through mp10 as fast as they can roll through mp0. Just because YOU cant do it, you call on the nerf bat... If they nerf crit, everyone will hit the gear wall alot faster and there will honestly be no reason to play. A gear grind game with no more gear to upgrade to? uuum no.

As for pvp, its not meant to be balanced, they've stated it, d2 has shown it. so why should it? The only time i'd see these kinds of limitations put in place in the name of "balance" would be team based pvp. I'd assume these kinds of ideas were already on blizzards radar for that pvp mode anyway
I agree, nerf CC. I hope they nerf All Resistance as well, that is also broken, people keep stack it in everything. I heard IAS is making a comeback nerf it, too, CD go up for millions of damage, nerf it, too. I propose a nerf to legendaries, everyone is using them. I'm sure the game would be more fun when people start dying everywhere all over again.
Why would anyone want their own character affixes nerfed. Oh I know, people who don't have that particular affix on their gear. Hmmmmmmm...
every build relies on crit. every build.

Dumbest thing i've ever read.

Yes lets waste time reducing crit and at the same time lets reduce monster hp, so that everything stays exactly the same just with smaller numbers?!?!!?!!

There's nothing wrong with MP scaling, alot of people roll through mp10 as fast as they can roll through mp0. Just because YOU cant do it, you call on the nerf bat... If they nerf crit, everyone will hit the gear wall alot faster and there will honestly be no reason to play. A gear grind game with no more gear to upgrade to? uuum no.

As for pvp, its not meant to be balanced, they've stated it, d2 has shown it. so why should it? The only time i'd see these kinds of limitations put in place in the name of "balance" would be team based pvp. I'd assume these kinds of ideas were already on blizzards radar for that pvp mode anyway

Everyone gets the same gear, the same stats, the same skills because there's a few 100k dps discrepancy between the other iLvl gear.

PVP can be balanced and made awesome, but the damage inflation needs to be stopped. Unfortunately people seem to be happy about Blizzard turning to mediocrity.

I grew up with DotA, Guid wars. The best and arguably most balanced pvp games at the time. I know what works and doesn't and where the line needs to be drawn. Also don't people want a better, more challenging game?

and stop because of YOU can't do it bull!@#$. Just because you can do MP10 atm, doesn't make you special, because I already know what gear and skills you have without looking at your profile. It's also easy to copy someone else's build and gear with a few dollar, because everyone using the same !@#$ atm.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/23/2013 2:27 PM PST
your probably the *#%*%@! that cried about reflect damage
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]