Diablo® III

Nerfing Crit possibly fixes everything wrong with D3.

Im sorry for double post but your a Barb... complaining .... need to find ken barbie
They have a chance to fix a lot with the expansion we all know is coming. The biggest is gear. They can change the level limits on rolls and crit damage% could be just one of those co.e's that this just happens to. It will be interesting to see if they take a strong change or just incorporate more of the same... Would you like your crap with one clump or two?!
You could have all perfect double stat primary roll with awesome vit/resistance, etc.. but no crit and it's laughably bad.

Here's the problem with your argument. You could also have a piece of gear with perfect crit chance, good vit/resists... but without a good primary stat roll it's still laughably bad (and in the case of rings/gloves/amulet it'd need crit damage or attack speed as well).

Crit is a desirable stat, perhaps in some cases the most desirable, but it is not the only stat that people seek on gear. Thus your gear preferences are not as one-dimensional as you claim and your argument is invalid.

Which stats do you wants on a gloves ?
- main stat.
- vita/maybe secondary resist or armor
- @res
- Attack speed
- critical hit damage
- critical hit chance.

That's it; I don't know what's more one-dimensional than that.
Almost same stats on 5 items slot on 11 slots (ring/amu/gloves/bracer/helmet).
Each & every item slot is completely constrained like that.

About AS: get AS on chest/helmet/belt/pants/shoes/bracer meaning reducing a poor itemisation to 10 items at best. We all know their names.
The game itemisation is blank, that's a fact.

But, nerfing crit is not a solution : just buff the alternative & add more variety between class.
Gearing as is stand now is fine for a barb, not for a Wizard or WD.
We need more affixes on item that change gameplay, we need choice.
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/23/2013 3:41 PM PST
how about we put a DPS cap, just at about your DPS....

are you happy now?
Crit is just like crushing blow or +skills in Diablo 2.

It'd be like rolling an Occulus in D2 with or without +skills.

Gosh, which one would you choose!?

There's always going to be a stat people lust after. Otherwise we get an even more mundane itemization system.

But this is why they're adding the new ruby gem, so that players aren't so gimped without crit chance and aren't leaning on it so much.

how bout just add more stats so the game isn't so linear in gearing up?

This might work.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 1/23/2013 4:47 PM PST
I think crit damage affix needs massively toned back. Right now that stat alone makes or breaks the value of a piece of gear.
If only i could get more cc and cd i could be godly like everyone else. Unfortunately i'm too poor and can't afford to buy items with these stats and nothing I find ever rolls these stats either. Therefore it's too powerful for them to have since i can't. Why should they have items that sell for millions and i don't? I know a good idea...I should cry about it and say it needs to be nerfed. Then every item in the game will become good and i will be able to uber gear my character for only $15 like i did in D2.
Please no. Worst idea ever. Would ruin every piece of equipment I have. I would never play again.
Buff vitality and life stats, then increase monster damage, lower monster life. Reward tank builds. Right now the problem is not cc or cd, it's dps. DPS is king.

Here's the problem with your argument. You could also have a piece of gear with perfect crit chance, good vit/resists... but without a good primary stat roll it's still laughably bad (and in the case of rings/gloves/amulet it'd need crit damage or attack speed as well).

Crit is a desirable stat, perhaps in some cases the most desirable, but it is not the only stat that people seek on gear. Thus your gear preferences are not as one-dimensional as you claim and your argument is invalid.

Which stats do you wants on a gloves ?
- main stat.
- vita/maybe secondary resist or armor
- @res
- Attack speed
- critical hit damage
- critical hit chance.

That's it; I don't know what's more one-dimensional than that.
Almost same stats on 5 items slot on 11 slots (ring/amu/gloves/bracer/helmet).
Each & every item slot is completely constrained like that.

About AS: get AS on chest/helmet/belt/pants/shoes/bracer meaning reducing a poor itemisation to 10 items at best. We all know their names.
The game itemisation is blank, that's a fact.

But, nerfing crit is not a solution : just buff the alternative & add more variety between class.
Gearing as is stand now is fine for a barb, not for a Wizard or WD.
We need more affixes on item that change gameplay, we need choice.

i think you hit the nail on the head, the itemisation is too simple and we need to increase the population of desirable affixes to be MORE than what is possible to gear for, so that people have to make choices . choices being meaningful cos you give up not having something else equally desirable

right now itemisation is bad because there is no choice. you can max out all your affixes where they appear without giving up anything significant.

but if you had 10 more equally competitive damage affixes that synergises with each other like ias/cc/cd and you cannot gear ALL possible affixes like right now.

(eg; right now, its possible for a player to hit almost peak cc/cdmg/ias where money is no concern (except cdmg. you can't have peak cdmg without using a travellers pledge/compass rose, but that gimps ias/cc instead)

it could have been better if we had like 10 desirable mitigation affixes and 10 desirable damage affixes. and no piece of gear can roll less than 2 mitigation and more than 4 damage affixes.
(without this limit, i think with 10 damage affixes we'll see ever worse glass cannoning)
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/23/2013 7:55 PM PST
How about make one affix/prefix be + all attributes? WHY NOT!? diablo 1 had it.. it was what everyone stacked.. diablo 2 had + to all skills and this game has crit.... CRIT?! bring in the + to all attributes...
Must have crit to cause crit dmg ... makes sense
Must have crit to gain mana ... makes no sense
Must have crit to reduce cooldowns .. makes no sense

First game I ever played that made my Wizard useless without critical hit.
how about we put a DPS cap, just at about your DPS....

are you happy now?

He still won't be happy, because then someone will still have more vita, resists, block %, or something that he will be jealous of. The only way to satisfy this type of individual is by making them MORE powerful than everyone else, regardless of the effort that he put into getting there. The nerf requests will continue, and hopefully Blizz is smart enough to see them for what they are, and ignore them.
I agree.

The CC in this game is INSANE. I remembered back in D2, to find a good gear with CC is so damn hard and that makes the game so great.

NERF CC. PLEASE!!
good post
So what happened, guys? First post isn't "voted down" anymore. People coming around, eh? Well.. it was only a matter of time. Considering the fact that I'm right, and all.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]