Diablo® III

Blizz fixes dupes in ASIA but not US/EU? +1 to fix!

According to this article.
http://www.diablofans.com/news/page__st__24/
About half way down you read

"Originally Posted by Blizzard (Official Forums)
We understand that accounts being stolen is not fun, which is why we provide account restoration. However, we recently found a number of cases of customer service being lied to about theft, in order to get extra items. Accordingly, we have decided to update the account restoration policy in Asia to help players, and at the same time protect the game economy. This change will reaffirm our view that fraud is theft, and take a stance of "zero tolerance".

Starting at 11:00AM Taiwan time on December 18, 2012, all Diablo III restored equipment (including in inventory and the stash), such as weapons or armor, will be bound to the account. This means that these items will not be able to be traded with other players or placed on auction, but they can still be shared with other characters in the account to use, or sold to the commodity NPCs. Note that unless through the account restoration earned gold or material goods. [sic] After the implementation of these policies, as in the past, we will constantly monitor the economic environment within the game, and make additional adjustments if necessary. (Note: once the player account restoration is completed, future drops in the game, or equipment items received through transactions, are not affected by account binding restrictions.)

The account restoration service is to help the players deal with account theft, and we hope that no one would need to use this service. Protect your account security from theft; the best approach is to ensure your computer's security, and use the Battle.net account security, such as the Battle.net authenticator. Further protective measures cannot be guaranteed perfect because of human negligence; according to our data, we often see many players' accounts stolen a second time, after the first time they were stolen, since they did not take any action to protect themselves.

The game economy is an important part of the quality of the gaming experience, and any attempt to use fraud to obtain additional items may cause harm to the economy and the experience of other players in the game. We hope to give a warning to those of dishonest behavior, and further strengthen the stability of the economy and provide a better gaming experience for all players."

So basically people are duping items but pretending to be hacked and having those characters restored thus replicating the items as the owner was "hacked" by a friend and in return still owns both the items.

Now that Blizzard has down something in Taiwan all of the Taiwanese players are flooding the Americas to keep at this dupe. this explains why dupes are usually in quantities of 3-10 and not MASSIVE amounts. Blizzard you do something in Taiwan but not US!?? FIX THIS.

If you agree post here and +1

TL:DR
Blizzard acknowledged dupes, fixed them in ASIA. But has ignored US/EU.

Additional threads regarding this issue:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708991397
Edited by Fusion#1917 on 1/21/2013 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
So you know, I suggested this a long time ago. Zero response.
Reply Quote
Yeah its funny, hundreds of threads but no one bumps and up votes just one.
Reply Quote
This is just absurd, "Let us protect the economy in ASIA, but not America" wtf is this
Reply Quote
This is something that should have happened months ago. Perhaps it'll be on it's way here now
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Deadlysynz
This is something that should have happened months ago. Perhaps it'll be on it's way here now

perhaps if the community lets Blizzard know by creating enough threads or bumping this one. A response would be splendid. If they don't respond it just means they listened to their ASIAN fans more than us sadly.
Reply Quote
added TL:DR
Reply Quote
But that is stupid imo :)

say, I found godly items, they are in my stash waiting to be sold in AH/RMAH.
Then somebody stole my account information or somehow hacked my account and got all items... Then Blizzard restored all but now all account bound! This is not fair imo...

Don't get hacked then?
Reply Quote

Then somebody stole my account information or somehow hacked my account and got all items... Then Blizzard restored all but now all account bound! This is not fair imo...

Life isn't fair.

We do a TON of stuff to protect people from the outliers. Some people are perfectly capable of texting while driving (safely), for example. These people though are very few in number and dwarfed by the number who drive like idiots while texting. Thus, texting while driving bans. It mildly inconveniences a few while helping the many be much safer.

Likewise, the harm done to the very few people who both had godly items they want to sell AND get hacked is extremely small compared to the harm done to the game as a whole by dupers.

Let's be honest here, the chance of someone getting screwed out of more than a few dollars worth of gear because they got hacked and everything is now account bound is absurdly small. The only people who would be opposed to this change are idiots or dupers.
Reply Quote

wether you agree or not if you get hacked it IS your fault
Edited by Fusion#1917 on 1/21/2013 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
bump for EU/US patch, great solution, but the first time duped items may still be sold "the first time" for profit, but hey, 1 dupe is better than potentially endless
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 01:31 PMPosted by absol
bump for EU/US patch, great solution, but the first time duped items may still be sold "the first time" for profit, but hey, 1 dupe is better than potentially endless

I don't think they should let there be a first time personally. We are responsible for our accounts security.
Reply Quote
I am confused at how this actually helps anything, though I am all for things that do help. With this system, are both items made bound to account? Or is only the duplicated version BOA? Because if they bind the one item and then let you keep the original which was "stolen via hack" then you can still open a new claim for that original item.

Edit:
Though, I guess this limits the duping to close-friends. It still allows duping and selling one version, as Absol commented.

In the end though, I would agree to no restores.
Edited by Visualcode#1251 on 1/21/2013 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah i see what you are saying /: while it is still possible with close friends i guess at least it does cut back on allowing one person to do it over and over.

But if you think about it if the original item becomes BOA then essentially it was as if the item was just given away still only 1 of the items can be sold. If the person who receives the dupe and tries to do it again while he will get to keep a BOA copy there is still only one item that can technically be sold and this does help the economy.

What reallllly makes me livid is the fact that Blizz listened to ASIAN fans (no racism) but has not listened to us. It doesn't make a lot of sense to simple do it to one server and not the rest /:
Edited by Fusion#1917 on 1/21/2013 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Fusion I made a thread a few hours before yours pretty much same thing..

I put at my last response all the threads I found from last 4 days in it..

I know since last thread I think 3-4 more popped up..

I agree this needs to happen.. no excuse for them to not do it..

My thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708991397
Reply Quote
Bump and agree. Fix it already... how bad do things have to get before you acknowledge them blizz?
Reply Quote
Thanks Necx I bumped and liked yours as well as Ill add a link to yours in the OP
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Fusion
This is just absurd, "Let us protect the economy in ASIA, but not America" wtf is this

Isn't there no RMAH in Asia?

Read into that what you will ;)
Reply Quote
bump for awareness
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]