Diablo® III

Finding MP5+ to be difficult

I'm sure it's been said already, but just play smart. Your monk looks pretty pimp (better than mine anyways). You should be able to do up to mp10. I recently started doing it. I die if i get an unlucky elite combo but I can hold my own for the most part.
Reply Quote
Define getting crushed.

I have less DPS (105K unbuffed) than you, less HP(24K) than you, and only die 1-2 times per hour in MP5.
Where I am better than you is I have 180 more resists, and 1.6% more life steal, but 350 less life on hit.

So, it seems like if you are dying you don't have enough damage mitigation (armor, resists) to keep up with your level of life replenishment.
Either you need more life steal/life on hit, or more resists/armor.
OR, and I mean no offense, you need to play a lot smarter, and be careful with how you time your serenity.

Also, I should add, that when I switch from Conviction/Overawe to Evasion/Hard Target, I can do MP8, but it is so slow that it is much better to stick to lower MPs..

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Monk class and built my monk based on few threads and etc. I find it difficult to do anything over MP5.. not sure if it's AR or Armor or just the way I play. I don't think it's the LOH/LS as I have secodary mace with 400LOH/2.9%LS and still get crushed. Is this norm playing a monk?

Considering swapping few pieces out to see if it'll cure the "getting crushed" problem of mine. any recommendations will be appreciated.
Edited by Grengrad#1732 on 1/23/2013 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think you guys are correct. i've been playing my monk like CM wiz or the head dizzy WW barb... I moved around (kited) quite a bit and sucessfully finished mp8 uber with 2 other barbs. I had no problem besides magda's arcane beam which I died once.

Lastly, I want to seek glove upgrade but I see almost all monks are using rare gloves? I figured some will benefit more off of Tasker and Theo goves with AR/specific resistance? these gloves are too good to pass with high armor and high core stat with socket.
Reply Quote
Ewwwww I don't like T&T gloves without AR.
Best in Slot for gloves is actually a rare.

You can find gloves like mine, high main stat, IAS and high CC with AR. was more dps than my old trifectas lol.
Reply Quote
To be honest, at MP7+, anything that looks at me funny pretty much melts me pretty quick. I suppose the key is to move out of desecrator, molten and arcane and time your Serenity to when it will help you the most - i.e. "oh !@#$" button.

The best option would be to up your life-steal to 5% and above and out-heal incoming damage.

Sadly, it is also the reason why Echoing Furies with dexterity+LS/OS are the most expensive items on the AH.
Reply Quote
The problem with Tasker and Theo is that has low main stat rolls and only two random rolls. The IAS is nice but you will likely want crit chance, crit damage, and resists on top of the IAS, and you simply can't have all of them on that particular glove. The socket does offer some flexibility to increase your main stat or vit as necessary, though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tasker-and-theo

Most gloves have limitations that rare gloves don't have, hence the reason most of the player base uses them.
Reply Quote
Better to run away and live to fight another day...usually when I dide above mp5, it's because of lazyness and standing still in one spot. You get trapped, cornered, blocked in, etc.

All it takes is a few seconds of better positioning and the fight turns the other way in your favor.
Reply Quote
The problem with Tasker and Theo is that has low main stat rolls and only two random rolls. The IAS is nice but you will likely want crit chance, crit damage, and resists on top of the IAS, and you simply can't have all of them on that particular glove. The socket does offer some flexibility to increase your main stat or vit as necessary, though.

Most gloves have limitations that rare gloves don't have, hence the reason most of the player base uses them.

so there is no set item glove for monk? i.e. IK gloves for Barb?
Reply Quote

so there is no set item glove for monk? i.e. IK gloves for Barb?

Unfortunately not. You might see some monks running with the occasional Sage's Gesture or IK gloves, for example, but you will likely find a well-rolled rare set to be BiS.
Reply Quote
To be honest, I m very lost in building my monk.
I just randomly put things together and made her survive.
So, here she is,
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/luffy-1946/MingLee/28934550

at ehp 1.3million (still with a red gem on helm)

I can leave her standing still in mobs in mp 7 and no one could kill her. With Mantra of Evasion backslash on, she is a horrible reflect and kill others just by standing still and getting hit.

She never dies in mp 10 elite grp... but with only 61k dps, it takes quite long to kill.
I am having headache in upgrading her dps while keeping her ehp.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 1/25/2013 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]