Diablo® III

Blood Ritual is the best mana passive

I see so many WDs not using this passive, and I don't understand. Do the math on it, 15% x mana cost of skill x attack speed = bonus mana regen while you're attacking. For me, this passive gives me 32 mana regen.

Vision Quest also gives me 32 mana regen, but BR not only requires no work/primary at all, but gives me a lot of life regen as well. I use both BR and VQ though for ubers or high MPs; an easy +65 mana regen, which is huge.

To compare, Spiritual Attunement gives 9 mana regen and some doesn't-really-help max mana. I used to use SA all the time too, had no idea how !@#$ty it was.
Edited by PackersFTW#1402 on 1/21/2013 10:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
You must be new here. We've had more threads on this than I can count.

More max mana items = Spiritual Attunement
More regen mana items = Vision Quest
Blood Ritual = Nice median that benefits both, but works especially well with Zombie charger reduction items if you're doing a bear build.

For my build personally, SA/BR is the way to go and I mostly use Jungle Fortitude as my 3rd passive in mp 7+ (SA, GF, GI in anything lower than that). Been messing around with widow/vq a little more as of late. It's alright, but I still like the 15% dr more in connection with life link dogs.

But all 3 work awesome together.

The end.
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 1/21/2013 10:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Kind of a shame I need to use all 3 mana passives, but oh well.
Reply Quote
View profile
Not only 3 mana passives... but 3 passives, 1-2 actives, and gear to support more mana / mana regen / charger reduction.

I dont know any other class that has to dedicate that much just for resource management. Mana is broken.
Reply Quote
lol @ op. Hi I'm new to the forums LET ME TELL YOU HOW IT IS.

L2MAXMANA.
Reply Quote
Not only 3 mana passives... but 3 passives, 1-2 actives, and gear to support more mana / mana regen / charger reduction.

I dont know any other class that has to dedicate that much just for resource management. Mana is broken.

I read: "We have to put thought into our gear and skill choice to sustain an attack that deals massive amounts of damage. I hate my life."

Take pride into having to put thought into your gear choice for resource management, unlike dem Barbs n Wizzads.
Reply Quote
View profile
For farming it can depend on your setup but br is unquestionably the best mana passive for dueling. id even rate it on par with spirit vessel for best wd passive for pvp. I did a whole regearing just to take advantage of it.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 1/22/2013 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
@PackersFTW

If you use spirit barrage as main attack, rush of essence is much better than vision quest and lets you free of changing firebomb with something more usefull, like Gary, for example.
Edited by Nisciunu#2822 on 1/22/2013 11:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
or just go zero dogs and never ever worry about mana.
Reply Quote
View profile

I read: "We have to put thought into our gear and skill choice to sustain an attack that deals massive amounts of damage. I hate my life."

Take pride into having to put thought into your gear choice for resource management, unlike dem Barbs n Wizzads.

lol. Naw I am fine with dedicating that much to my build... just sometimes annoyed how much buffing on OP barbs there are. My barb farms twice as fast and costs pennies compared with my WD. I still think WD is more fun to play... but can't help see the unbalance between classes.
Reply Quote
Blood Ritual = Nice median that benefits both, but works especially well with Zombie charger reduction items if you're doing a bear build.

SA never holds up

VQ never keeps up because it eats another skill slot and throws weak spells into your roto
Reply Quote

SA never holds up

VQ never keeps up because it eats another skill slot and throws weak spells into your roto

VQ is my least favorite of the 3 mana passives. SA works beautifully with my build, so don't understand the hate for it. Synch it with BR and my gear setup and I can easily finish mobs off up to mp7 or 8 (solo) before my mana pool runs out. You don't even need to dedicate all 3 passives to mana; I've always loved the tankiness JF provides and it's always my 3rd choice in upper mps and it also allows me to bear yellow reflect mobs without having to switch out to a skorn, though this won't be an issue for much longer anyway. Honored Guest isn't needed either.

Some of you just really need to use Locusts more. Jaw dropping way to deal extra dmg and regenerate mana insanely quick in several situations.
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 1/22/2013 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think that GF is a better choice than SA even for high mp (maybe not 9 or 10). I pick up plenty of globes, and the massive dps boost cuts down on the bear spam. It also gives you a nice AR boost from the added intel. If I ever run into a pack that I know is going to take some extra time I will just drag them into the next trash mob. I also switched from locusts to mass confusion with paranoia. I found that using MC cuts my average elite kill time in half, which is more effective than any mana return skill I could use.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
If you can't abuse GI, BBV and mass confusion are pretty bad
Edited by Anodyne#1564 on 1/22/2013 1:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 01:50 PMPosted by Positivity
If you can't abuse GI, BBV and mass confusion are pretty bad

MC has a 1 min cooldown (not including the time it takes to kill the elites after you use it). How many elites are you killing per minute on mp7+? Besides it's best used on the elites that might actually give you some trouble. 2/3 elite packs you run into will just be bear fodder, so MC should always be ready when you run into the annoying pack (usually occultists). If you are using GI to reduce cooldowns, odds are you don't need BBV or MC since you are nuking everything.
Reply Quote
For farming, dog sacrifice engine is the best for mana. =]

For pvp, spirit build, rush of essence is the best for mana. =]

Blood ritual is great and has its place in a few cool builds.
Reply Quote
SA gives 10 mana regen. that's so weak
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Jars
SA gives 10 mana regen. that's so weak

*facepalm*
Reply Quote
okay and 190 mana that only counts when you are at full mana. I'll take the 420 health regen
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Jars
okay and 190 mana that only counts when you are at full mana. I'll take the 420 health regen

sigh learn to gear correctly for specific passives before you cry about them not working right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]