Diablo® III

Blood Ritual is the best mana passive

01/22/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Jars
okay and 190 mana that only counts when you are at full mana. I'll take the 420 health regen

"Spiritual Attunement
Maximum Mana is increased by 20%. Regenerate 1% of your maximum Mana per second.
Mana is the fuel you use to cast offensive and defensive skills."

stack maximum mana to make use of SA you tool, more max mana = more mana regen.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/22/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Jars
okay and 190 mana that only counts when you are at full mana. I'll take the 420 health regen

and Ill take the 1.5k life regen
Reply Quote
View profile
And I'll take Bad Medicine over any of the mana passives.

Oh gee, I'll just have to go with JF and SV too.

See you on MP8.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Wasn't mentioned that SA also regenerates mana when you are just running around, unlike the others. Depending on mob density this can be a factor.
Edited by Anodyne#1564 on 1/23/2013 7:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

See you on MP8.

eh SV if you're good you only die a couple time and you lose more from taking SV than the runback tbh
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 11:09 PMPosted by JonkZ

"Spiritual Attunement
Maximum Mana is increased by 20%. Regenerate 1% of your maximum Mana per second.

good luck getting more than 1000-1100 mana
Reply Quote

"Spiritual Attunement

good luck getting more than 1000-1100 mana

I've got 1500 it only takes 3 items which isn't that hard since we all wear zunis and soj is BIS. All you need to do is get a max mana piece on a mojo or a knife and poof.. 1500
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 1/23/2013 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Not only 3 mana passives... but 3 passives, 1-2 actives, and gear to support more mana / mana regen / charger reduction.

I dont know any other class that has to dedicate that much just for resource management. Mana is broken.

Same here, brother. If you want to run bears on MP7+, especially if you run with a group, then you have to dedicate yourself to resource management. At the same time though, I used to hate spiders, but I love how they synergize with Vision Quest, and they do very respectable sustained damage while you are free to do other things, like cast ZC.

01/22/2013 11:21 AMPosted by ofgortens
I still think WD is more fun to play... but can't help see the unbalance between classes.

I agree with you here too. Barbs and DH's definitely have the advantage to all the other classes when it comes to offensive passives. If you are going to use a high-cost Mana spender (like ZC), then there is no way you can run our only offensive passive and be able your damage for a respectable amount of time unless you go Bear Reduction on 2 or more pieces of gear. Frankly, I don't like the overall performance drop I get from an SoJ, so I'll stick to the 3 Resource Passives.

Posted by Jars
SA gives 10 mana regen. that's so weak

Posted by Brahm
*facepalm*

Spiritual Attunement gives you a 1% increased regen based on your max mana. For example, I have 1200+ Mana, so the passive gives me an additional 12 regen. The more regen you have, the more you get from Vision Quest, which is why these two passives play so nicely together. Put those two together with a the reduced mana cost you get from Blood Ritual, and you can cast bears for quite a while, provided that you haven't ignored Max Mana and/or Mana Regen on your gear.
Edited by EddardStark#1833 on 1/23/2013 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Brahm

sigh learn to gear correctly for specific passives before you cry about them not working right.

I agree with the person you think needs to learn more, sorry.
Reply Quote

See you on MP8.

Is this guy serious? Dude if you need all that to do MP8, you shouldn't be doing MP8 then lol. I swap GI for SV when I do MP8 or ubers, but otherwise you shouldn't need SV, should be using Gruesome Feast, Blood Ritual, or VQ. And not doing MP1 either, but MP6, what I do with GI going pretty fast. If you can't do this, that's fine, but don't think all that damage reduction means anything when you can't do actual DPS (bear spam).
Edited by PackersFTW#1402 on 1/26/2013 8:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/26/2013 08:29 PMPosted by PackersFTW
Is this guy serious? Dude if you need all that to do MP8, you shouldn't be doing MP8 then lol.

Yeah, I agree with your post, that you can probably run MP6 solo. But sorry, you don't solo MP8, and if you do, that must be one nasty beating you take.

I can use all those passives and throw bears because I don't use AS. I said I use SV on MP8 which you agreed you do. And I go solo, so it's good to have not only for being whacked but to cool down SW.

I don't need mana passives or active skills because my AS in total is 1.09. I have decent bear spam and I'm happy with the way I run.

The lowest MP I run is 7, so I'm not interested in GI.

A little advice, in the future, check out someone's profile before you start your LoL routine and making with your low MP advice.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 1/27/2013 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't know why you are mocking him for having 132k dps, you only have a tiny bit more and you are using a 2h. Most decent skorns display a higher "sheet" dps then 1h. I know I jump to 230k+ with my skorn.

I also keep GI for upper mp to help with cool down redcution it's GF I drop.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well Brahm, I was just answering the comments made to me. I believe I answered them fairly without any LoL or other snide comments.

I have no use for GI in my build. So I would keep GF, but unfortunately I have no room for it right now.

I'm not going there with you on the topic of, "If we swapped our gear out and used other items how high our DPS could be."
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 1/27/2013 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well Brahm, I was just answering the comments made to me. I believe I answered them fairly without any LoL or other snide comments.

I have no use for GI in my build. So I would keep GF, but unfortunately I have no room for it right now.

I'm not going there with you on the topic of, "If we swapped our gear out and used other items how high our DPS could be."

Yes because If I swapped all my gear I would have aladeen dps
Reply Quote

"Spiritual Attunement

But it's what your giving up to get that on SA. 1% is just 1% it's best used is if you just want to expend your burst time. It's not a good one to use for anything else.

VQ you have to gear for just like SA only this are the stats you want for better reg to begin with. Down side is you have to use a weak spell. If your build is not working on that or you dont like thoughs spells it sucks also.

Rush of Essence is probly the best one of all but you need to be spaming spirit spells. It's great for that. Out side of that your stuck with nothing.

BR Works with any set of gear and spells. 15% health cost is 15% health cost and 1% max life is alot more then 1% mana. This is hands down the best pick for mana out side of spirit spells. It beats SA till you can get 3400 mana to tie it. VQ is good but why when you can get the same with BR+free life reg and no prep req. to get the mana going.

Only Rush of Essence is better then BR and only if your spaming spirit spells.

Becouse even when you gear to tie BR with ether VQ or SA BR still gives you 1% life reg on top of the mana with out the draw backs of VQ or the gear killing req of SA.
Edited by Umbra#1460 on 1/28/2013 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posted by Jars
SA gives 10 mana regen. that's so weak

*facepalm*

Lmao - Priceless

BR is almost always the best passive for mana regen, but as almost everyone has already said, SA can be better if you have the gear for it. 1500 mana isn't hard to obtain, and at that level GI/GF/SA basically gives infinite mana for farming. The "10 mana regen" you speak of is the weakest attribute of the passive...
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 09:21 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
Is this guy serious? Dude if you need all that to do MP8, you shouldn't be doing MP8 then lol.

Yeah, I agree with your post, that you can probably run MP6 solo. But sorry, you don't solo MP8, and if you do, that must be one nasty beating you take.

I can use all those passives and throw bears because I don't use AS. I said I use SV on MP8 which you agreed you do. And I go solo, so it's good to have not only for being whacked but to cool down SW.

I don't need mana passives or active skills because my AS in total is 1.09. I have decent bear spam and I'm happy with the way I run.

The lowest MP I run is 7, so I'm not interested in GI.

A little advice, in the future, check out someone's profile before you start your LoL routine and making with your low MP advice.

A little advice, looking up other people's profiles is what people do when they want to insult somebody. Which is exactly what you did. Seriously am I the only one who, in the game, in the channels, or even on here, doesn't look up profiles like a mad man ready to insult every last one of them. "You have x hours and y elite kills loool". You serious? REALLY? Wow.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/28/2013 11:18 PMPosted by PackersFTW
Seriously am I the only one who, in the game, in the channels, or even on here, doesn't look up profiles like a mad man ready to insult every last one of them. "You have x hours and y elite kills loool". You serious? REALLY? Wow.

Dude you were the one that started all this because you didn't understand what I had posted.

You look at someone's profile to see what they're up to and if they might know what they are talking about. That saves you from talking smack to someone who is a better player than you.
Reply Quote
At nearly 2 APS spamming WoS, BR gives me 33'ish "mana regen". On top of that, I get 540 LR.
I'll take that over SA anyday. UNLESS, I were to change build and or gear, then I would probably run SA and or VQ.

So I don't see BR as overall better than SA/VQ. But is it better for the build and gear I'm currently using? - yes.
Reply Quote
^So BR is awesome for you, unless you were completely different. Got it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]