Diablo® III

Legendary drop rate is crap

Yesterday i played for 5hours, roughly 7 full runs of act3 mp1. it drop 1 leg for me.
Today noon i started to play till evening total 11 full runs of act3 mp1. it drop another 1 leg for me. seriously there is something wrong about the rate man. i think im feeling purely unlucky but still that is !@#!@$ outrageous! my paragon level is 93 btw. any ideas to change it better?
Reply Quote
play on a higher mp
Reply Quote
they'll be falling from the sky once the servers are back up from maintenance

seriously though, that's well grim, even moreso at 93. i was going to suggest MF, but yeahhhh
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/wHYaheR.jpg
Reply Quote
i tried mp 7/10 with friends solo. full run too. never drop.
Reply Quote
The drop rate isnt crap.
Its the drops that are crap.

I farmed D2 for hours and hours over several years and the low drop rate was the carrot on a stick.
But in D2 you actually have a proper item system that progressed so there were lots of i nearly got that drop, need to run again.

On D3, all the drops are crap, so the more you play the more crap you get and you think its the drop-rate which it isnt.

Its the quality of the items that are the problem and Blizard screwed it all up.
Edited by wi5pa#2313 on 1/22/2013 6:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sounds like you want a less random drop rate.

I tend to average 1 legendary every 3 hours (my alts range from paragon 15-45).
In reality this could mean going 4 days without a drop to getting 4 in an hour.

If what you describe fits your lifetime of legendary drops...I'd say it's bad luck.
2 legendary's in 18 runs is just a minor rut. Nothing remotely abnormal.
Reply Quote
even if it drop crap i dont mind. now the problem is it doesnt drop at all! eventhough i'm unlucky but cant be that unlucky yea? -.-'
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Good. Legendaries should be hard as hell to find. Hate this post all ya want but they are called "Legendary" for reason.
Reply Quote
thats because you are running to high mp!! if you are p93.. run mp1 MAX... and roll through as fast as u can. Im p83 and i am surprised when i dont get one per alk run...

you want to kill as many monsters as u can....as fast as u can
Reply Quote
The drop rate isnt crap.

^ This. Now that I'm in my Paragon 20s legendaries drop like candy. Problem is, the candy is all rotten.
Reply Quote
Edited by wi5pa#2313 on 1/22/13 6:13 AM (PST)

The drop rate isnt crap.Its the drops that are crap.

I farmed D2 for hours and hours over several years and the low drop rate was the carrot on a stick.
But in D2 you actually have a proper item system that progressed so there were lots of i nearly got that drop, need to run again.
On D3, all the drops are crap, so the more you play the more crap you get and you think its the drop-rate which it isnt.

Its the quality of the items that are the problem and Blizard screwed it all up.

sorry i was in the middle of typing and had connection issues >.<
Edited by wi5pa#2313 on 1/22/2013 6:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
because for the past few weeks till ytd. i been doing alk runs, 1 leg drop everyround. out of sudden stop dropping since ytd.
Reply Quote
its not the drop rate, its the rng attached to em.

im at 200+ brimstones since 1.0.5 i dont think the drop rate is the problem. its just that they all suck.
Reply Quote
just hoping it would take back to normal when sv is up ! PRAY
Reply Quote
wait.. so u have been getting plenty.. then one day u dont get any... and u are mad!??? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA RNG!! RNG!!! Hello? HI!!! this is bad luck calling!!

i have gone a weekend with none... and then i have gotten 16 in a day...
Reply Quote
The legendary drops arent really whats bothering me..... its the god-forsaken KEY drops. HOLY S**T!!! ive done 40+ key runs in acts 1-3 on mp 5-7 over the several days...... 4 keys.... 3 of them destructions. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! What happened to the whole "MP0=5%, MP1=10%, MP2=20%, etc etc etc." I call bulls**t on that. its more like "MP0=0%, MP1=0%...... MP6=5%" Im seriously getting pissed! Why add the infernal machines and ubers to the game, if you cant get a bloody key to SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!! F**K
Reply Quote
Keep in mind they are called legendary for a reason. if they were to drop more often it wouldnt feel as good to finaly get one. But if you want to up your chances you should up the MP and try to find some MF gear.
Reply Quote
cant say i getting plenty. and its 2 days i getting nth,yes i mad. its kinda hard to level my paragon and all i hope was a beam of light to keep me going through my level so yea..
Reply Quote
The drop rate isnt crap.

Bang on. That time when a golden hydra bow hit the floor or a crown...

That is pretty much gone. Why they decided to put random attributes on a unique is rather odd but so is watching the Avengers 5 times in a row.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]