Diablo® III

Next upgrade for this noob TR monk

I may have 60 ish mill coming in a few days. What should my next upgrade be. Thanks in advance :-)
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
:-/
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
You need to add some more vita and dex to your gloves and bracers 20k HP is pretty low so it'll slow you down if you die often. Maybe getting a Xeph amulet with 2+ spirit regen then you can drop the mantra of healing for submission.
Reply Quote
Does submission make enough of a difference for the huge sheet dps drop that you get from using the xeph?
Reply Quote
Submission and cyclones make a HUGE difference. A ton of your kills are going to happen after you run past the monster. Without Submission and Cyclones, it forces you to back track or do circles to ensure the kill. Keep in mind with conviction you also gain a flat 12% (kinda) DPS gain.

Honestly, a good Xeph (10% crit, DEX/Vit), Vit Inna's pants, and bigger Skorn.... then you're pretty much rearing to go.
Edited by PuddingHead#1779 on 1/22/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
What is your all res at inc OWE phys res you have? If its above 600 definity switch out your body with one that has a double vit roll.

Your crit chance is really quite low even for a TR monk. I know SOJ takes away a slot for CC but you should be somewhere between 40 and 50 ideally.

I'm not sure on prices for spirit regen radiance's but it might be worth dropping the res for a double VIT roll.

Your amu is not great either. i wouldnt settle for anything less than 9.5CC, loose the @res (only depending on your current res). get some average dmg on there with some dex or vit.

The single item i would change is your amu. Could get a nice xeph for a TR or just a good dmg amu.

Nice name btw. BJ Penn is a legend
Reply Quote
I kinda like moving back and forth.
Reply Quote
I would upgrade your gloves or amy to get more vit with same or better stats. I would probably go with upgrading your gloves and just wait for the crafting amys in the next patch.
Reply Quote
Bah... too many nonsense thrown around.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912895

^truth

Everything you need to know, i've personally tested each combination over 100's of hours as well. If it's tl:dr... then just skip to the gearing and skills portion.
Edited by PuddingHead#1779 on 1/22/2013 12:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bah... too many nonsense thrown around.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912895

^truth

Everything you need to know, i've personally tested each combination over 100's of hours as well. If it's tl:dr... then just skip to the gearing and skills portion.

That's the guide I followed as well Druin is of great help too submission helps but I'm at 120k with my TR gear though so the damage % helps a bit more.
Reply Quote
Yeah I read the guide on the way to work. But my commute is too short.
Reply Quote
1) You don't have enough CC to generate as many vortexes as needed to run effectively. I had the same kinda issue and what I did:
- Changed to inner storm to have 3 spirit regen
- Got high dex+ CD ammy/ Gloves. CC is optional (since you don't really care about the spawn of vortexes). Also CC and AS give 0 effect on your SW damage but if you get CC on your ammy/ gloves you gonna get some additional dmg to your BF-> SW
2) Get 200+ dex 50 CD Gloves (other stats are optional)/ 100 CD+ 150 and up dex+vit ammy
3) Swap your mantra into conviction-> submission (additional dmg around you)

Result:
You have enough spirit regen and you have pretty high dmg around you while running. So with pretty low investments you'll get some decent dmg and comfortable farm. BTW, you can buy SW dmg radiance and SoJ to get some more dmg to your SW.
PS
You need way more money to buy 2+ spirit regen/ 8+ CC Xeph ammy
Reply Quote
Your setup looks pretty good for a starter set although your life is low, even taking into account your LS skorn. I'd say you'd want to be north of 30K life even on MP0.

I think a Xeph amulet with crit is probably out of reach, so I think it's a case of improving your existing spirit regen gear. The inna's is good in this respect (2.43!), and the vit roll is decent. If you could get a little more (over 2) on an SOJ, then I think you could ditch MOH circular breathing for MOC submission, which as others have noted, really helps. Ideally, you would get TR crit or SW damage on the SOJ - I recently acquired TR crit on mine, and I notice the difference. I think an SOJ of this kind could possibly be had for the kind of money you're taking about.

Finally, if your CC remains a bit over 30%, you might consider SW firestorm for the radius - cribbing Druin's excellent TR guide here, but it certainly accords with my experience. I think you'll find relatively few tornadoes spawning.

Happy TR'ing.
Reply Quote
Add me and contact me ingame. I have recently upgraded a few TR pieces including a 2.5 regen/6 crit/11% to DR innas helm and an amazing 10% crit sustain neck w/ phys resist and > 250 dex/vital as well as a 1400+ DPS skorn w/ 400+ dex / 190% CHD. I will sell off these pieces fairly inexpensive/well below market to a fellow TR monk. I also have some mid - high range TR items in my stash that may be of assistance to you.
Edited by Technoviking#1999 on 1/22/2013 5:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't think you need high AR for this build on mp0 I'm only running with like 250 all resist and a high vita Skorn instead of life steal. I only die here and there to those bombers behind some doors in the keeps but having such high AR isn't necessary IMO.
Reply Quote
I would say nats set with boots and ring. as ur crit chance is rather low, the 7% boost would be good.
Reply Quote
The only thing with Nat's set is that (along with the huge 7% CC set bonus) you will end up with 8-9% IAS and accordingly higher spirit consumption to offset.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:33 PMPosted by iVoldemort
I would say nats set with boots and ring. as ur crit chance is rather low, the 7% boost would be good.

It's TR. Nat's set will either rob you of a hellfire or a stone of jordan... Plus nats ring has attack speed which messes with spirit regen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]