Diablo® III

Natalya Boots vs Ice Climbers

I am quite lost on which boots to choose from.

Should I go for the Natalya boots combo(consisting of the Natalya ring + boots) or Ice Climbers only?

please see my MONK 'S BOOTS(NOT MY WIZARD, WHICH is having the legacy N.boots)

please see my Ice climbers from my witch doctor.
Reply Quote
need more damage, natalya's
need more EHP, ice climbers
Reply Quote
you can't use nat boots on a wiz with no int and no vit. simple as that
Reply Quote
i love my ice climbers, if they only had ms it would be everlasting love
Reply Quote
Ice climbers since you have movement from the prowlers already. Nats only if you can afford one with CC.
Reply Quote
wut? cc less nats ring is still very usefull as ur getting already 7 from set, u can use the other random rolls to get int, ar + loh or int, cd + ar which is also very good as it is a big dps boost but more expensive.

really depends on ur needs. if you need more cc get nats set, if ur cc is good (like 55% or more) iceclimbers is an excellent option for dps and ehp.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:24 AMPosted by saxy
you can't use nat boots on a wiz with no int and no vit. simple as that

But if you DO find Nat's boots with Int and vit, a Nat's ring will give you a set bonus of 7% crit chance.

And if you somehow win the lottery and get a Nat's ring with 6% crit chance (very VERY hard to do), you can't really beat that, unless boots start offering crit chance in the next patch.
Reply Quote
wut? cc less nats ring is still very usefull as ur getting already 7 from set, u can use the other random rolls to get int, ar + loh or int, cd + ar which is also very good as it is a big dps boost but more expensive.

really depends on ur needs. if you need more cc get nats set, if ur cc is good (like 55% or more) iceclimbers is an excellent option for dps and ehp.

I think non-CC Nats is the budget way for CM, and also a CD Nats is the shortcut to Trifecta. However with larger budget CD Nats set is inferior to Trifecta 6 CC Ring + ICs imo. The rare+IC combo is ridiculously hard to get though. I know there are Dex-lovers here, but really Dex is not really appealing until you reach Shand's level. Most other GG Wiz I have seen using CC nats, or Trifecta nats, only Shand uses non-CC one.

7 CC vs 6 CC makes almost no difference imo, but for example 10CC vs 6CC makes quite a difference. And if the Nats ring doesn't have CD, other comparable options are not that hard to find.
Reply Quote
Nats with IAS and CD along with the set bonus is one of the very best ways to get some Crit Damage into the CM build.
Reply Quote

You can get 6% CC rares already. I went the non CC route with the Nats set originally but I like my two 5.5 CC rares and ice climbers better. Much cheaper too.
Reply Quote

I think non-CC Nats is the budget way for CM, and also a CD Nats is the shortcut to Trifecta. However with larger budget CD Nats set is inferior to Trifecta 6 CC Ring + ICs imo. The rare+IC combo is ridiculously hard to get though. I know there are Dex-lovers here, but really Dex is not really appealing until you reach Shand's level. Most other GG Wiz I have seen using CC nats, or Trifecta nats, only Shand uses non-CC one.

7 CC vs 6 CC makes almost no difference imo, but for example 10CC vs 6CC makes quite a difference. And if the Nats ring doesn't have CD, other comparable options are not that hard to find.

dont compare triflections with cc or cd nats theyre obviously in a different league as they have both and are much more expensive too. they do have one drawback, u have to choose either int, ar or loh as last random roll. where as with cd or cc ones u have 2 rolls to mix those stats in. With my setup if i choose int i loose ehp and if i choose ar the dps gain is minimal for the cost.

I personally like the the cd nats way coz i get trifecta + int + ar way cheaper than what the same rare would cost, I think that combo is best/price performance. U loose the ics dps +ehp, but a good pair of those are also quite more expensive than the nat boots.

the way i see it is:

non cd-cc nats: budget cm setup
cc nats and cd nats: mid tier, either stacking very high cc or cheap dps
godly rare + ic or triflection set: richmans tier.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/22/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
what is "godly rare + ic or triflection set: richmans tier. " --> IC???

what is EHP aka effective health points.???

Thanks everyone for their feed backs.
Reply Quote
ic = ice climbers
and yeah ehp is effective hit points
Reply Quote
Just follow this:

Ice Climbers: Balanced stats, mostly for EHP, great for PvP (see one in my profile).

Natalya's Bloody Footprints: CM/WW for bonus crit chance paired with Nat's Reflection.

Zunimassa's Trail: Pure DPS-buffing, especially good for Archon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]