Diablo® III

So multiboxing is allowed??

I was watching this guys stream channel last night, and he was controlling 4 monks at the same time... got me thinking. Is this not considered botting? personally i thought it was awesome, watching him switch guys picking up different loot that was dropping for all his characters.... and once he even switched to 1 of his guys and got a double legendary (mind you it was only an ivory tower and balefire). So naturally his legendary count was very good, i wasnt watching for that long and his legendary count was 25... would take me about 2 weeks to get 25!
So basically I want to know if its a legit cheat or how is he getting away with doing this... Ive gotten to the point where i wouldnt mind doing what hes doing but i have the feeling this is ban worthy... even though he even advertises the program that he use to multibox. I really wouldnt want to lose my account and my lvl 86 paragon over this, just very curious about this whole multibox idea.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
As long as he is using software that allows only a single action per key press, he's fine as he is still controlling each character manually (and has to deal with any de-syncs the characters might come across in terms of location relative to each other during gameplay).

It takes some good reflexes to deal with realtime multi-boxing when playing legitimately, so if they have the accounts and the capability, kudos to them (and curse them for being good enough and rich enough to get things that many times faster than I can, haha).

Reply Quote
you must have been watching inigo montoya on twitch, that guy's channel is hilarious

he's good at multiboxing monks and witch doctors

it seems perfectly legal when you think about it

he has to buy 4 accounts to do it

i don't see any issues
Reply Quote
yes
Reply Quote
so what is he doing, using a kvm to control all at once and then have it set up to allow control of only one as well?

I think he stil have to run on 4 computers at once.. i dont watch streams, rather someone just sum it up than watch some dweeb stream
he has to control all of them at once, and switch back from game to game to game to game, to check on what loot drops

it's all on one pc
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
WPL
so what is he doing, using a kvm to control all at once and then have it set up to allow control of only one as well?

I think he stil have to run on 4 computers at once.. i dont watch streams, rather someone just sum it up than watch some dweeb stream
he has to control all of them at once, and switch back from game to game to game to game, to check on what loot drops

it's all on one pc

No he doesn't he uses loot alert.

A simple yes or no from a blue on this matter would be a nice change.
Reply Quote
yeh its inigo montayo, he is actually streaming at this very moment, his legendary count says 25 again, not sure if its updated or hes just found another 25 , 50 in 2 days.... no wonder the AH is flooded (and dupers of course). I didnt know you had to buy 4 accounts though, thats even riskier if you get banned, but you guys saying its legit hmmm ill look into this further then... this guy does seem to get some results from it, soooo many legendaies and hes got over a billion gold.
Reply Quote
There are guys with 120+ days played when the game has been out 240 days. You want to expose bots, those are the guys.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Jamle

While there are slim to no blue posts about Multiboxing on the D3 forums there is a plethera of information about it on the WoW forums.

Currently they are ok with Multiboxing

Multiboxing is not against our current policies.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881922794?page=2#29

The simultaneous use of multiple game clients and multiple accounts by the account holder of said accounts is fully allowed within the game Terms of Use as long as no actual automation is taking place (i.e. as long as one keypress only initiates one action per client).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2151758257#16

As long as the actions taken are not otherwise automated (i.e. the registered user of the account must be in direct control of each action the characters take), they are not currently considered against our policies.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881724230#5

I hope this information is helpful
Reply Quote
View profile
01/22/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Alosis

While there are slim to no blue posts about Multiboxing on the D3 forums there is a plethera of information about it on the WoW forums.

The simultaneous use of multiple game clients and multiple accounts by the account holder of said accounts is fully allowed within the game Terms of Use as long as no actual automation is taking place (i.e. as long as one keypress only initiates one action per client).

As long as the actions taken are not otherwise automated (i.e. the registered user of the account must be in direct control of each action the characters take), they are not currently considered against our policies.

Problem is, WoW allows for addon's etc .... Diablo3 does not
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
WPL
01/22/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Alosis

WOW thanks for clearing that up about WoW because that was the whole issue here...
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:19 PMPosted by repeatloader
Problem is, WoW allows for addon's etc .... Diablo3 does not

Multiboxing isn't addons though, although WoW is more friendly to setting up multiboxing (i.e. macros and such)

01/22/2013 07:39 PMPosted by Jamle
WOW thanks for clearing that up about WoW because that was the whole issue here...

Well, find me blue quotes from the D3 forums. Let's see what you come up with. I'll be waiting.
Reply Quote
This comes up all the time anymore, Its allowed ... They dont like it but allow it. It isnt botting not automation is being done. All thats done is 3toons follow the main toon and anytime you keystroke a macro or manual 1/2/3/4 they do the same. So since you still have to manually play the game and press keys/pickup items, No wrong doings.
Loot alert on the other hand is bannable, Reads D3 memory which is a no no
Reply Quote
Buy three more accounts. Pay monthly 5 sub to isboxer. Profit.

Don't cry about what you can do yourself. This issue was solved 7 years ago by blizzard. But I see there are still ignorant people like yourself still hanging around.
Reply Quote
Agreed 100% These Multiboxers are RUINING the game for us LEGIT players! :(
Reply Quote
Rocketshlong is a HUGE bot user don't listen to this REAL CHEATER!
Edited by rrevenge#1328 on 1/22/2013 10:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
rocketshlong cries about multiboxing then he goes back to his stream and begs to know how to do it rofl
Edited by ANFO#1897 on 1/22/2013 10:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
rocketshlong is rober gay butt buddy !@#$ you rober dear god i hate you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]