Diablo® III

So multiboxing is allowed??

Basically this comes down to the following:

• Blizzard is okay with Multi boxing for now.
  • Multi boxers are using a loop-hole in the rules, stating that you can't perform more than one action at a time with 3rd party software. Technically, they are performing 1 action at a time which is then multiplied or copied across the four clients.
  • The result, of course, is the same as if they did perform more than 1 action at a time, because four times the effect is caused by the click of one button.
  • Blizzard won't acknowledge this obvious form of cheating, as it brings more loot to the AH, a little boost to the active accounts list (which they can use for marketing), and might ensure significant portion of the player-base keeps playing the game.
  • Anyone you see defending multi boxing is a botter. 'My friend...' usually means 'I', and 'multi boxing isn't illegal' in turn means 'I do this !@#$ all the time, don't you dare take my advantage away!'.

Personally, I want the loop-hole closed, the multi boxers permanently banned along with the botters, and a statement by Blizzard that all forms of 'enhancing' your experience boost and loot gain beyond that of what a normal person can do with one client and without 3rd party software is considered cheating.
    Edited by Cyberbard#2464 on 1/23/2013 2:47 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/23/2013 02:37 AMPosted by JaceAltair
    This thread is hilarious, LOL!

indeed
    Reply Quote
    multi-boxing works exactly the same way in WoW as is does in D3. There is no core difference between the two.
    You still need to purchase four licenses, you still need to create four accounts, you still need to have four clients open, you still need a client side program to simultaneously control all four clients and you can still only perform one action at a time for all four clients, regardless of what the actual classes are that are being played. any action performed by the characters must be controlled manually and its possible for them to de-sync.
    If its allowed in WoW it will be allowed here and trust me, if it wasn't allowed any mention or discussion of it would be deleted because it would be against the forums ToS and EULA to even mention it.

The only reason this would be worth controlling is because multi-boxers also tend to be botters. However, you control botters and they become regular players. Solving one problem will handle the other because, if anything regular players multi-boxing will make more real items available to both AH's, improving the economy.
    Edited by liljuicy#1847 on 1/23/2013 2:56 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    damn people actually bother to control 4 characters? i'd be way to lazy to do that.
    Reply Quote
    but why is it that the multiboxer is still allowed to use drop alert?
    makes no sense.
    interfering with the game in the RAM is not allowed as i understand it
    Reply Quote
    It doesn't actually interfere with the game. any action taken is still performed by the player so technically, it is operating as designed. all the multi-boxing software does is allow a single hotkey stroke to be transmitted to four clients at once, instead of only one at a time.
    Edited by liljuicy#1847 on 1/23/2013 2:58 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/23/2013 02:57 AMPosted by liljuicy
    It doesn't actually interfere with the game. any action taken is still performed by the player so technically, it is operating as designed. all the multi-boxing software does is allow a single hotkey stroke to be transmitted to four clients at once, instead of only one at a time.

What's crucial here is that the single hotkey stroke by the player could not be 'transmitted to four clients at once' without the 3rd party software. No matter which terminology you use, the program is copying his actions and performing them in the other clients, which is cheating.

If he had a mechanical device constructed above each keyboard in a four-PC setup, which, at the pull of a string by the player clicked on a button on its own keyboard, then he would be doing it legally, technically. Because then he'd be controlling each keyboard manually. What the software does is copy his 1 action and paste it onto the other clients, which is illegal.
    Reply Quote
    01/23/2013 02:50 AMPosted by liljuicy
    multi-boxing works exactly the same way in WoW as is does in D3.

You are very wrong.

Multiboxing in diablo3 is much easier, more efficient, and more profitable than in WoW. Multiboxing in Wow doesn't give you an extreme advantage over a player playing with no software support.

After a proper setup, multiboxing in diablo3 literally gives you 400% legendarys and gold with no need to switch to the other accounts while looting or fighting.

The only time you ever have to use more than 1 account while multiboxing is to log them all in and enter your game. After that, you control all 4 accounts like you're playing 1.

It feels dirty, but If I am to compete with "the best" then playing without multiboxing is foolish and inefficient.
    Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/23/2013 3:16 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    It walks an extremely fine line. pulling on the strings would be the equivalent of pressing the one keystroke, pressing the one keystroke is simply an evolved version of the strings.
    I was not arguing the result, I was revealing how the technology works and why blizzard would take the same stance in WoW and in Diablo III.
    I completely agree that it is dirty and totally unfair. However, traditionally speaking and from a computer programming standpoint, it is not exploitative nor cheating. The program, unfortunately is coded to allow for it.
    Edited by liljuicy#1847 on 1/23/2013 3:22 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/23/2013 02:53 AMPosted by Razor
    damn people actually bother to control 4 characters? i'd be way to lazy to do that.

Same.

And to the point of them being out of sync? This happens quite often. You have to focus that out of sync window and put it back into position.

Even combat is different. You have to lasso them, as in do a little roundabout to make sure they're all facing the mobs.

Seems a waste of time and money to me but some people really dig it.
    Reply Quote
    It's cheating. External programs are used.

Report the player.
    Reply Quote
    but with this multiboxing software the multiboxing guys are getting about 4 times more drops/gold than non multiboxer, with the same time spend......
    Reply Quote
    why do you need multiboxing? is d3 not rewarding enough for you? :D
    Reply Quote
    Lots of crying goin on up in here.

Why does d3 attract so many sissy little kids?

Multiboxing is here to stay for now. Get over it or give it a try.

Not as easy as these whiners make it out to be tho that for damn sure.

Not as fun or efficient and way more of a chore to play.
    Reply Quote
    d2 loader and degfx.dll uses both got banned in diablo 2.
    Reply Quote
    And to the point of them being out of sync? This happens quite often. You have to focus that out of sync window and put it back into position.

Even combat is different. You have to lasso them, as in do a little roundabout to make sure they're all facing the mobs.

You're doing it wrong. If your characters fall out of synch while multiboxing, you simply suck at multiboxing.

The perfect setup multiboxers can get vortex'd and knockbacked all day long and my characters regroup up in less than a second and don't miss a beat.
    Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/23/2013 6:46 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    Lots of crying goin on up in here.

Why does d3 attract so many sissy little kids?

Multiboxing is here to stay for now. Get over it or give it a try.

Not as easy as these whiners make it out to be tho that for damn sure.

Not as fun or efficient and way more of a chore to play.

Surely, the 'manly' thing would be to play the game fairly and respect the honest competition. Purchasing extra accounts and downloading 3rd party software just to stay ahead of the competition sounds like something an insecure 16-year-old would do.
    Reply Quote
    01/22/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Alosis
    A simple yes or no from a blue on this matter would be a nice change.

While there are slim to no blue posts about Multiboxing on the D3 forums there is a plethera of information about it on the WoW forums.

Currently they are ok with Multiboxing

Multiboxing is not against our current policies.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881922794?page=2#29
    The simultaneous use of multiple game clients and multiple accounts by the account holder of said accounts is fully allowed within the game Terms of Use as long as no actual automation is taking place (i.e. as long as one keypress only initiates one action per client).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2151758257#16

As long as the actions taken are not otherwise automated (i.e. the registered user of the account must be in direct control of each action the characters take), they are not currently considered against our policies.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881724230#5

I hope this information is helpful

listen you dumb as@es, this is a WOW post NOT D3! Different games, diff rules!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]