Diablo® III

So multiboxing is allowed??

01/24/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Chillaxin
Same person could multibox a 5 man without much issue.

The person in WoW doesn't get 4 times the loot for each monster killed.

The person in Diablo3 gets additional loot for each account he runs.

This is an EXTREME difference that can't be ignored.

Each post I see with multiboxing you are in ... Dude I think you got a serious problem
Move on and enjoy the game ...
By the way you want a cookie ?
Reply Quote
Chillaxin

The person in WoW doesn't get 4 times the loot for each monster killed.

The person in Diablo3 gets additional loot for each account he runs.

This is an EXTREME difference that can't be ignored.

The person multiboxing in wow gets access to loot that a person that doesnt multi would have to group and roll between all members for. Where as the person multiboxing wow gets all the loot and all the say and no one to compete with for rolls. Look at the open world PvP advantage multiboxing gives in WoW. Its still allowed.

The fight against multi boxing is one you lose. give up already lol

Multiboxing any game has its advantages and disadvantages.

But it is allowed.

we get it they don't... Fyi not all multi boxers are gold farmers or ah flippers. Some people would rather just play with them self's and not have to deal with oh i dono look around.. lol

i multi box eve online all the time great fun for 0 0 gate camps ....
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Croy
Multiboxing any game has its advantages and disadvantages

In no game does multiboxing give as much as advantage compared to someone who doesn't multibox as it does in Diablo3. That is the problem.
Reply Quote
It is absolutely impossible for you to prove that statement beyond a shadow of a doubt and do not quote me the conditions of how it assists the players in Diablo 3 unless you can make some directs comparisons with proof. Even if other games do not have an RMAH like mechanic there are currency and item buying websites that will gladly take the items off your hands for real cash.

I cannot prove this but it is unlikely that more then a small percentage of the player base is multi-boxing and without a commercial grade server, they cannot run more then four clients at once. The impact is almost completely limited to themselves only and the actual impact on the economy is very small. Making a comparison to the cheaters, they use blade servers to run DOZENS of copies of the game at once and even one server running is enough to show a small impact on the economy.

The impact of multi-boxing done legally is completely over exaggerated. Under the current conditions, it is not something worth thinking about, never mind something worth complaining about and thats WITHOUT mentioning that is IS legal. This is extremely unlikely to change considering that it is legal in all of their other games as well.

It is DEFINITELY unfair but until you can start proving that it hurts the game as a whole, its nothing more then a hollow complaint.
Edited by liljuicy#1847 on 1/24/2013 11:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:28 PMPosted by liljuicy
It is DEFINITELY unfair but until you can start proving that it hurts the game as a whole, its nothing more then a hollow complaint.

Your argument falls apart because no one can prove that duping hurts the game as a whole.

Any program/glitch/cheat/etc that upgrades your efficiency far greater than a player not running the program hurts that game.
Reply Quote
Finally a blue post that says Multiboxing is allowed in the D3 forums

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768#15

Thanks Blue

d=(~.o)z
Reply Quote
Actually, it does not fall apart. it is very easy to prove that duping hurts the game.
it compromises the integrity of the loot system and eventually leads to the problems in Diablo 2. The games current state is living, breathing proof of what duping leads to.
Also, the onus is on you to prove your point since you are the one making the accusation. Its a logical fallacy to say that my point falls part when it still leaves you in the dust to prove yours.
Nice attempt to turn the tables on me though. Complete fail.
Edited by liljuicy#1847 on 1/25/2013 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Actually, it does not fall apart. it is very easy to prove that duping hurts the game.
it compromises the integrity of the loot system and eventually leads to the problems in Diablo 2

Multiboxing is the just duping everything you do but the only difference is it has a cap of 4.

"duping" = duping the loot off monsters. You find this wrong.

"multiboxing" = duping all your loot rolls times 4. You find this ok.

So I'm trying to understand this. The normal formula is (time)(monsters kills) = X amount of loot.

Duping the right side of the formula is wrong, but duping the left side of the formula is ok?

You can't get away with duping the loot, so you'll instead make the monsters you kill count as 4 monsters effectively duping your kills.

Action = reward.

Duping the reward is cheating.

However, duping the action which results in duping the reward isn't cheating.

Hypocrite.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/25/2013 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Keep fighting the good fight Chillaxin!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]