Diablo® III

Why no Sky Splitters?

I don't see many Barbs with these. They have good dmg, great ias, lots of str and a socket and the smite hits often and hard. AND they really are not that expensive!

Is there a reason for the lack of love that I am not aware about... :)
Reply Quote
Does the Smite on the Sky Splitter work with Weapon Throw? if so, im buying one.
Reply Quote
They can't roll with crit + a socket. This makes the dps potential pretty low compared to other weapons.

Yeah but the 11% IAS is pretty OP and if you have sufficient CD (around 400%) then it helps you get to breakpoints as a ww barb. I dunno, I love mine better than many other weps that have CD on it as it is almost 1100 dps and much cheaper than the alternatives that are about the same DPS with no IAS but have the CD. It's all trade off's right :)

@Danger - yes it procs with wep throw. I have seen it 1 shot white mobs on MP5 b4 so its a nice little boost.
Reply Quote
i actually have one in my stash. the regen is good. and i have one with 20% stun. the idea is to not use it was a dmg dealer. rely on rend for that. but its all in theory. will test it out more
Reply Quote
Sky Splitter is a pvp weapon. One of the best in my opinion. Get one with Dex for more dodge. I use one in my pvp build.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah but the 11% IAS is pretty OP and if you have sufficient CD (around 400%) then it helps you get to breakpoints as a ww barb. I dunno, I love mine better than many other weps that have CD on it as it is almost 1100 dps and much cheaper than the alternatives that are about the same DPS with no IAS but have the CD. It's all trade off's right :)

@Danger - yes it procs with wep throw. I have seen it 1 shot white mobs on MP5 b4 so its a nice little boost.

As WW you actually want to avoid IAS on your MH weapons. High MH damage range is really your most important stat on your MH.
Reply Quote
Sky Splitter pve no
Sky Splitter pvp yes

pretty much sums it up.
Reply Quote
As WW you actually want to avoid IAS on your MH weapons. High MH damage range is really your most important stat on your MH.

I keep it in my OH. Guess I will try something different but me likey. :) Thanks for the input.
Reply Quote
I have one with the following stats that dropped for me a few days ago that I haven't been able to figure out how to price it.

http://imgur.com/zo6XPm1
1133.9 DPS/1146
1.44 aps
286-658 holy/667 max
48% dmg/50
193 str/200
447 life regen
socket
11% ias/11
19% chance to smite/20%

I don't really plan on pvp. I see prices for these all over the place but nothing on the AH with as high rolls of str/smite chance and dps. Do you guys remember what you paid?
Reply Quote
I got a deal on mine I think, I only paid 35 mil and it has 200 STR roll. Your 19% chance to smite makes it really good as that is a great roll. I would price that at at least 100 mil, I have seen others similar at around that price but they seem to vary about 50 mil per week :/
Reply Quote
try selling it for 60mil

also, what do you mean you dont plan on pvp?? its gonna be the best part of the game.
Edited by Beeotch#1631 on 1/23/2013 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ive been using one and quite like it. The reason it isnt used as often is, as previously stated, the dmg potential.

I havent seen any of the 100m ones actually sell. Been looking daily because I want an 11% ias one without dropping any avg dmg. Got mine for 15m but Im quite sure it was underpriced (bin was set at 15m and had 1d11h left. Scooped it up with the quickness!)

I'm still interested in yours Symm so let me know if you get an idea on what you want to get for it.
Reply Quote
Sky Splitter pve no
Sky Splitter pvp yes

pretty much sums it up.

Not sure how much time you spend in PvP but my personal experience for Barb is you cannot expect a long fight. SS used to be my fav weapon but like few pointed out here, it doesn't have base crit dmg and IAS reduces it's dmg values.

Most PvP I've won are about tanking the dmg & popping the right skills/potion/kiting at the right time and winning with that 1-2 huge Rend or HOTA. Any wrong move/timing and you're dead.

As for the Smite, Barbs who tried to perma-stun me with Frenzy Smite failed to beat me and the SS Smite have a much lower stun time (half a sec maybe) than Frenzy Smite.

The only weapon that works consistency in PvP now is Skorn with Rend or HOTA.
Edited by sniperwong#6502 on 1/23/2013 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
do you know that 35mil can buy you a 1150dps echo fury with socket ? it will come with 150+str and 0.23+ weapon speed.

0.23 speed speed add 14-18% dps to your main hand (so if you have 1200dps main hand, it will become 1400dps main hand).

for PVP, the best build are:
Rend >>>>>>>>>>>>> HOTA = Throwing >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other build

so you really want a weapon with biggest weapon damage just for Rend
Reply Quote
Sky Splitter pve no
Sky Splitter pvp yes

pretty much sums it up.

Not sure how much time you spend in PvP but my personal experience for Barb is you cannot expect a long fight. SS used to be my fav weapon but like few pointed out here, it doesn't have base crit dmg and IAS reduces it's dmg values.

Most PvP I've won are about tanking the dmg & popping the right skills/potion/kiting at the right time and winning with that 1-2 huge Rend or HOTA. Any wrong move/timing and you're dead.

As for the Smite, Barbs who tried to perma-stun me with Frenzy Smite failed to beat me and the SS Smite have a much lower stun time (half a sec maybe) than Frenzy Smite.

if u are using the gear that is shown on your diablo profile as pvp gear its no wonder you drop fast. my build will stomp your build in pvp.
Edited by Beeotch#1631 on 1/23/2013 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Garthandal
I tend to believe this to a certain extent. A monster main hand and a shield could be a viable option, the sky splitter is not a monster.

Totally agree.
Reply Quote
Skysplitter is good against newbies. If you want stun go WT stun, range and 50%. Hits harder wayway harder. Skysplitter zero base cd has already make it a 2nd class option. For budget its a great choice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]