Diablo® III

Why no Sky Splitters?

all i hear is zero base crit dmg and smite chance. but no one has said anything about its real purpose yet that sets it above a lot of weapons. 500+ life regen.
Reply Quote
Skorn rend is consistent but try rushing in to kill a 300kdps+ dh without a shield. Even a cat with 9 live cannot come out alive. Unless that DH is a newbie. A shield is quite an essential in a high end geared fights. It boost survivalbility so much from the 1000armor, extraAR and stats +block.
Reply Quote
If you had high amount of hp, warcry+inspir already gives 3000hpreg. I rather want the damage on the weapon. The attackspd also makes splitter seems higher damage output. Its decieving. No top players will consider skysplitter, at least for now.

A simple comparison to convince ppl of the "godly" 500reg hp in a skysplitter.

I give up a ruthless, 5cc &50critd for inspir.
Gain 2500hpreg lost 5cc 50critd. Worth it? Yes.

I give up a gd mh rare, losing 70-80%crit d for 500 reg hp and lower base dps.
Gain 500hpreg lost 80cd and damage base. Worth it?? No!!

The proportion in lose and gain doesn't even let me want to do a slight consideration.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/23/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Garthandal
The only weapon that works consistency in PvP now is Skorn with Rend or HOTA.
I tend to believe this to a certain extent. A monster main hand and a shield could be a viable option, the sky splitter is not a monster.

I contantly dominate ppl with my rend and I am SnB, have to master knowing within a millisecond if its a crit or not so you can either re apply or sprint away =)
Reply Quote
If marquis gem can make skysplitter better, so does it do to any good rare Mh. Nothing was changed. I havnt seen a top barb agreeing on skysplitter. Good luck with your sales.
Reply Quote
If you had high amount of hp, warcry+inspir already gives 3000hpreg. I rather want the damage on the weapon. The attackspd also makes splitter seems higher damage output. Its decieving. No top players will consider skysplitter, at least for now.

A simple comparison to convince ppl of the "godly" 500reg hp in a skysplitter.

I give up a ruthless, 5cc &50critd for inspir.
Gain 2500hpreg lost 5cc 50critd. Worth it? Yes.

I give up a gd mh rare, losing 70-80%crit d for 500 reg hp and lower base dps.
Gain 500hpreg lost 80cd and damage base. Worth it?? No!!

The proportion in lose and gain doesn't even let me want to do a slight consideration.

For those who didnt try out ptr, you probably dunno how powerful cd is compare to ias.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/23/2013 7:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
[quote]

if u are using the gear that is shown on your diablo profile as pvp gear its no wonder you drop fast. my build will stomp your build in pvp.

This statement alone shows how inexperience u are in PvP. Nobody uses PvE build in PvP. It's completely different.
Edited by sniperwong#6502 on 1/23/2013 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Had a good laugh....
Reply Quote
VS DH and WD with 250k DPS, i dun even know how to get close without a shield.. ignore pain is also quite neccessary when u are fighting high geared character. CD is much more impt den IAS, being tat u can hit a much higher dmg threshold which can kill the OP at an instance.. IAS allows u to hit faster but might give chance to opponent to escape. Play DOTA to understand this logic.. LOL
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 10:59 PMPosted by LeeJiAh
VS DH and WD with 250k DPS, i dun even know how to get close without a shield.. ignore pain is also quite neccessary when u are fighting high geared character. CD is much more impt den IAS, being tat u can hit a much higher dmg threshold which can kill the OP at an instance.. IAS allows u to hit faster but might give chance to opponent to escape. Play DOTA to understand this logic.. LOL

They should have random enemies spawning all over the maps!
Haha.. Then looks more like DOTA! Royal rumble!!
OO ya... Special boss spawning once in a while makes it better!
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/23/2013 11:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
shld make 5v5~! haha.. choose skills before entering battle and cannot be changed~! battle only ends when the castle of 1 side is dwn~! hahaha..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]