Diablo® III

"Ask the Devs" Round 1: Patch 1.0.7

(Locked)

HC Rare Savage Rockworm not spawing!

The hardcore achievement Trophy Hunting has a rare Savage Rockworm required, known areas of the normal ones are located in Act 2; Sirocco Caverns 1. The rare Savage Rockworm can not be found in game, reports are that it has never ever appeared in game. I personally have never seen it, even though I have specifically tried to do so. My only conclusion is that it is bugged. Multiple people have posted about it.

Why hasn't this been addressed at all?
i know you guy are still working hard getting all the bugs out but is there a rough estimate on when 1.0.7 will be released? also is there anyway you guys could release a "plan" on what you are currently looking into with the future of PvP that way you guys could get us to give you feedback on it to make sure everyone loves it so you dont have to waste your time on it without telling us whats in it and we end up not liking it? this game is finally (slowly) starting to head in the right direction, keep it up blizz!
Why not buff rubies in level between perfect square and radiant star?
Are there any plans to adjust crit, ias, crit damage? Currently, people are sacrificing huge amounts of raw stats wearing items like the witching hour, lacuni prowlers, etc. It seems unbalanced in my opinion if these stats are so appealing that a player would sacrifice hundreds of points of raw stats just for minor amounts of these off stats.
HC Rare Rockworm not spawing!

The hardcore achievement Trophy Hunting has a rare Rockworm required, known areas of the normal ones are located in Act 2; Cave of the Betrayer 1-2, Vile Cavern 2, & Flooded Cave. The rare Rockworm can not be found in game, reports are that it has never ever appeared in game. I personally have never seen it, even though I have specifically tried to do so. My only conclusion is that it is bugged. Multiple people have posted about it.

Why hasn't this been addressed at all?
Thinking about observer mode to 1.0.7 or at least record the match? Whether the Diablo 3 idle possibilities Battle net 2.0 as use them Starcraft 2 ...
What going with Binds on Account (BoA) on crafting ?? Please remove it?
first off great job with the game. i wanted to know if ah would be full screen instead of window sometimes its very hare to read ceartain things on list. i figured full screen wouldnt hurt considering you cant do anything ele while your in ah anyways- thx
Why the elite monster nerfing? In the patch notes it is stated that "molten often feels like one of the more threatening ground based attacks in the game...", but isn't that a good thing? I mean we are battling the minions of hell...threatening is kind of what we are looking for.
    Will there be a way to add some sort of background with opacity/transparency to the chat window? It's difficult to read sometimes, especially in Act II.

With the design for the new crafted items, are they getting to point of out pacing the power level of drops? Seems that this may negatively affect the AH market, especially considering they are not able to be sold in the AH.
As many of us think, crafting should become one of the core game systems. New craft recipes are a step to the right direction, but it will make some old crafting recipes useless. Will we see new refined recipes instead of old useless ones?
Edited by DDD#2263 on 1/29/2013 10:42 AM PST
Is there a chance you can patch new farmmaps before the add on?
Would you consider removing both auction houses?
It is already been said that Monks have the weakest and fewest set of passives in the game (except OWE), why are there no tweaks in this coming patch aside from NDE? Nerfing STI in 1.0.5 didnt promote skill diversity because, in the first place, there is no better alternative.
Balancing classes for PvE vs PvP seems really tough. Especially getting a Unified Theory that does so that works optimally in both cases. I'm speaking of ensuring that, say, a 40th level Monk is roughly equivalent to a 40LVL Witch Doctor (when playing side-by-side against the monsters, then, when having at it in dueling mode, 'natch).

Would you consider “cutting the rope” and simply having one set of balancing for PvE, one for PvP, then make sure it’s known that when players enter PvP mode, their characters will behave differently than they’re used to in PvE mode?

It seems like separating the two modes’ balancing would make your job (and thus the implementation) easier, with no great loss to playability.

Would you consider making the two separate? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
Could you please explain your reasoning behind making the new crafted rares account bound?
A lot of the allure of grinding for items in this game is that small chance of ‘striking it rich’ with an item that will sell for millions on the auction house.
In my opinion, making these items account-bound takes away a lot of the incentive for me to even try to grind for plans and materials.

Striking it rich, so you can then buy items to try and get a better character?

is that not the same as grinding these new armours, amulet and hellfire ring untill you get the best you can get of each for your characters, thus achieving the same goal as spending gold in the AH?
Crafting in 1.07 received a minor update with the addition of BoA gear. But this is just a band aid fix to the current iteration of Crafting.

Currently, crafting is just another form of RNG for loot drops, because there are no guaranteed stat rolls. Its basically just another item hunt, except for this one you have to pay to use it.

Do you have plans to improve Crafting beyond what is included in 1.07?
Are you gonna nerf wizards anymore? Please don't do that, try to buff the other skills, so they are more playable, not nerf the popular abilities because it's like you're forcing the players to play it your way.
For wizards, I think you need to up the arcane orbs' damage, so that they would do burst damage. It would open up the kite build. For disintegration, reduce the arcane cost or allow it to proc critical more often, so that people can use it at a much higher rate or even permanent.
LACK of shields
Ar you devs have any plans to make new legendary shields? all I see after lvl 60 is people using a weapon in each hand or a two handed weapon
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]