Diablo® III

Tanky Monk Build for Inferno

Hi all!

I am an active D3 player and just got my monk to lvl 60. I was wondering what builds you suggest and what gear stats you guys suggest. I'm really interested in the gear stuff. If you can, please let me know why you suggest certain stats. I really appreciate this, thanks!
Reply Quote
Don't worry about tank monk in SC, just get the best scorn you can get and stack crit chance and DEX, people prefer that you kill things faster. But if you insistent in tank monk, I am not pro but you can use mine as reference. good luck

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aw2x214-1151/hero/29050041
Reply Quote
Theres no real reason to choose to play defensively from a gear or skill standpoint. At least not anymore (7 months ago there was).

As far as how to gear and what skills to use, check this thread out:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415793376
Reply Quote
To me, being tanky means being able to stand in anything and just keep punching. The best build for tanking IMO is high-armor dual wield. Aim for about 40K Life, at least 6000 armor, 700 resists and most importantly you want 2 life steal weapons. Extra LoH from your armor and jewelery is good, too. (until your DPS is over 50K or so, probably go with LoH on the weapons instead of life steal)

Anyway, the exact numbers aren't that important. Those are just the sort of numbers that will let you stand in multiple desecrations at mid-MP. They were just my original tank-Monk goals. The main thing is LOTS of healing and high armor/resists. Value those things the most, much more than simply having more life, and eventually you'll be able to tank anything.
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate your help!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]