Diablo® III

Rare ring BIS over Hellfire ring?

What do you guys think? I think hellfire rings are overrated. Once you hit 100 and the exp gain is a worthless stat it loses its appeal fast for me. After close to 50 rings, I have not rolled one with any 2 of IAS,CC,CD on the same ring. I have been holding off on buying a new rare ring in the hopes that I would get a good roll one of these days and I finally said to hell with hit. Check out the ring I found in the AH. It has everything I was hoping for in a hellfire ring and I didn't have to farm hundreds of hellfires to get it. Honestly, I didn't know rare rings could roll main stats that high or I would have looked for one sooner. Also, before the RD change announcement, I really couldn't have stacked any more DPS so that also kept me from looking. BTW, unbuffed is 242k......I am using the scoundrel.

FYI, I am stacking dps because I plan on staying entirely in mp 10 once 1.0.7 hits. Well, I think I will farm plans on mp 1 but that will be it.
Reply Quote
A rare ring was always BIS over Hellfire Killer....
Reply Quote
Naw, imo HF is BiS for where im at. I want paragon, im not 100 yet - so the exp being worthless doesnt apply to me. And i dont farm. I do ubers and i PLay AH3. I need the exp bonus, lol. I can't replace a 35% exp, 180+ int mid/high trifecta roll WITH life% for some kind of rare ring. This rare ring, for me to drop my HF, would require best-in-server rolls or something

edit: ok ok i guess i just defeated myself, i admitted rare ring could make me drop my HF...but only if this rare ring is a Pink Unicorn, its probably not out there
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 1/25/2013 4:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hellfire was Int + 4 randoms
Rare is 6 randoms.

35%XP does hardly anything now onPTR if yu can farm high MP with the new EXp rates.
Reply Quote
I don't do my uber runs on PTR.

01/25/2013 04:37 AMPosted by Alesso
BiS for where im at

Where im at is 1.06 ubers player

Not 1.07 loot farmer
Reply Quote
Hahah,

The term is loot !@#$%....

Hit me up for Ubers one day.
Reply Quote
So something that is bothering me..

35% extra XP is calculated over the XP recieve with the bonus xp from MP, or 35% xp over regular MP0 XP?

Example:

Monster on MP0 100 xp
Monster on MP10 510xp

Hellfire 35% bonus while plaing MP10: 35 or 178,5??
Reply Quote
+35% flat rate
Reply Quote
Hahah,

The term is loot !@#$%....

Hit me up for Ubers one day.

Hehe.. I am just bittersweet about it. Because you are right. When 1.07 is live, I will no longer think of my HF as BiS for "where im at". :(

Yes yes, ubers is my main activity on d3
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 1/25/2013 4:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
You learn something new everyday. I honestly thought hellfire would have been bis simply for the ability to roll 200 main stat. I even posted that in a thread the other day. So what Is the max single roll on a main stat on a rare ring? I thought it was 100 which would have meant a double roll to get over 100 and a socket to hit 200+. In my mind I thought 3 rolls for over 200int and then the other 3 for ias, CC, cd.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 1/25/2013 4:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:44 AMPosted by Aphraell
+35% flat rate

You mean I'd get only the 35xp on the example I posted?
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 05:02 AMPosted by Paladino
You mean I'd get only the 35xp

its % but additive and not multiplicative

the bonus is worthless for anyone in high MPs as the 35% gain becomes like a small% gain over the base increase due to MP and NV. Same with Ruby Socket Helms.
Reply Quote
Add 35 plus your current mp level bonus.
Reply Quote
Err did smth change on PTR? Because if they "nerf" RD the way they announced ie Shield, there is nothing new for CM Wiz. Still need sufficient LoH and mitigation. If you want to stack DPS, just do it now, 1.06 or 1.07 doesn't matter for CM Wiz.
Edited by novice#1750 on 1/25/2013 5:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 05:12 AMPosted by novice
1.06 or 1.07 doesn't matter for CM Wiz.

the biggest matter is on for high MP bonus.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 05:13 AMPosted by Comrade
1.06 or 1.07 doesn't matter for CM Wiz.

the biggest matter is on for high MP bonus.

I was talking about RD.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't say worthless. Mp 10 has a 100% bonus. Leorics + hellfire+ ruby + 5 stacks on mp 10 will give 271% exp gain.
Reply Quote
I think with your DPS MP 9 will be the most suitable, need like 300k DPS for MP 10 imo

Also with Leoric, maybe MP 8. But what's the point? The new XP bonus is so huge you just need to farm with your normal gear. %XP has diminishing return, right?
Reply Quote
I guess with the new patch everyone will eventually hit max lvl but a hellfire lets u go there slightly after and njoy the stats. I still tink hellfire can have the best potential to roll the best stats.

Like mine hellfire althought the ias isnt too high and cc but the rest make the ring a very high dps ring. and when everyting hit the caps i guess the fireball proc can add in some dps too.

Hellfire is like a side quest to do something different once awhile or helping a friend something like a free gamble since the cost is low and the keys can jus slowly collect once u finish ur run.
Reply Quote
Rare is still bis but there's still a gd hf which is up there with em like mine ALesso n krathozen,etc ..it still hard for me to let go of my hf due to high dmg altho I don't need the exp anymore as i'm already para 100.

To others pls don't stop ubering as my business for free uber service will close shop as I rarely farm anymo except uber.hehee
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]