Diablo® III

Rare ring BIS over Hellfire ring?

01/25/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Nanji
I'm suggeset that farming HF rings with the goal of finding a good and usable ring is on equal footing with farming loot in general and finding a good usable rare ring

Probably, but if you define "finding a good usable rare" as including finding it on the AH, well, I saved a buttload of time. Heh.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 12:20 PMPosted by jenpeezey
I'm suggeset that farming HF rings with the goal of finding a good and usable ring is on equal footing with farming loot in general and finding a good usable rare ring

Probably, but if you define "finding a good usable rare" as including finding it on the AH, well, I saved a buttload of time. Heh.

We've gotten off the BIS track, so back to that. Higher chance of finding BIS rare rings in the AH vs rolling one a HF on your own. :) Pretty sure that's conclusive.
Reply Quote
Gaining XP isn't even a big deal anymore.

If anything some people are trying to NOT level up to avoid hitting 100 and stopping their progression entirely.

I for one have rarely used my 6cc - 21CD INT HF ring or a ruby to level up. Just play the game when you have time and let leveling happen naturally... eventually we all hit 100.

And... to conclude:

Rare ring > HF ring.
Reply Quote
For me, Hellfire ring crafting is a diversion every couple of weeks. I collect Act 3 keys at the end of my run. When I've got a stack of them I farm Act 2 for that number of keys and then run Act 1 until I am out of machines.

Edit: Basically, a "perfect" HF for me would be my current rare with the final affix being high LOH/Damage/Crit.

Chance of this: vanishingly small.
Edited by Ossian#1946 on 1/25/2013 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hellfire was Int + 4 randoms
Rare is 6 randoms.

Hellfire ring can roll 9ias/6cc/50cd/80ar+200int

rare will just roll better 9ias/6cc/50cd/80ar + 2 others or is 100 stat the max for 1 roll
Reply Quote
rare can roll 100int+vit as 1 combo roll,
and can also roll a minmax dmg roll like 30-60~ dmg
Reply Quote
I'll take a rare with

100int/100vit
80AR
479LOH
9Ias
50Cd
6cc
Reply Quote
so where does HF even come close lol
Reply Quote
just get a decent hellfire, like cc -cd then boost your way to paragon 100. I just farm keys for fun
Reply Quote
I'll take a rare with

100int/100vit
80AR
479LOH
9Ias
50Cd
6cc

O.o Does such a pink unicorn exist? I wonder how many bils that'd sell for. Definitely would be the BISest of all BIS rings, ever.
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 1/25/2013 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]