Diablo® III

ZC - Zombie Bear Basics and Techniques

View profile
Technique number 5

Bear Bomb - Run into the middle of a white pack, cast soul harvest, and then bear the crap out of them. Monsters explode all over the place, and it's lots of fun. Same can be done with elites, but keep your Spirit Walk handy, for when they try to freeze, jail, wall, desecrate, etc.
Reply Quote
Ah, Saythe. Miss you, old friend. RIP.
Reply Quote
Just curious why some times when I cast my bears rather than going in a straight line they split into a "triangle" with one going forward and the two on the sides breaking off at like a 45 degree angle?

Still haven't been able to figure that one out yet it happens all the time.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just curious why some times when I cast my bears rather than going in a straight line they split into a "triangle" with one going forward and the two on the sides breaking off at like a 45 degree angle?

It's because your left foot is standing on a dead monster. If it was your right foot... then they would go in a straight line for sure.
Reply Quote
Quote by StonedOne

Quote by Ofgortens
It's because your left foot is standing on a dead monster. If it was your right foot... then they would go in a straight line for sure.

I don't have a technical answer for you, but sometimes I think the bears "detect" a target off the main line, and spread out to hit it. It may also have something to do with level geometry, as that is reason you are able to put your back to a wall and cast in a straight line. My advice is that is you see it happening, take a step in any direction and start re-casting. It should go back to normal. If not, the move away from where you are and re-position.
Edited by EddardStark#1833 on 2/26/2013 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
great thread, read the entire thing. I had no idea about these ways of controlling ZB. thx
Reply Quote
You're welcome. Always happy to be of service to brother Umbaru.
Reply Quote
View profile
Quote by StonedOne

Quote by Ofgortens

I don't have a technical answer for you, but sometimes I think the bears "detect" a target off the main line, and spread out to hit it. It may also have something to do with level geometry, as that is reason you are able to put your back to a wall and cast in a straight line. My advice is that is you see it happening, take a step in any direction and start re-casting. It should go back to normal. If not, the move away from where you are and re-position.

I thought my answer was better Eddard :P
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 08:18 AMPosted by ofgortens
I thought my answer was better Eddard :P

@ Ofgortens:

Indeed. I laughed out loud when I read it during class, and my students thought I was going insane that I randomly giggled while they were working on a paper.
Edited by EddardStark#1833 on 2/27/2013 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Great post/guide - Will be referencing often. Thanks for all your help getting started with my bear build eddard!
Reply Quote
Great post/guide - Will be referencing often. Thanks for all your help getting started with my bear build eddard!

Thank you for the kind words, and you are very welcome, Brother Umbaru.
Reply Quote
I'm liking the Hex/MC combo for elite fights... most things can be dealt with simple bear spam. I just revamped my WD for roughly 45m after months of not playing so trying to get back into the swing of things... nice to see us WDs still the best :)
Reply Quote
Actually been messing with replacing Hex with Fetish Ambush (using ToTD w/ Grave Injustice/Gruesome Feast - to shorter the lengthy cooldown) as another means as a sort of rush style play which I enjoy but it's also nice to have options. My ToTD isn't great and drops my dps by 2k but I'm still trying to get the hang of things again in lower MPs so it's time to experiment.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 08:41 PMPosted by HELL
Actually been messing with replacing Hex with Fetish Ambush (using ToTD w/ Grave Injustice/Gruesome Feast - to shorter the lengthy cooldown) as another means as a sort of rush style play which I enjoy but it's also nice to have options. My ToTD isn't great and drops my dps by 2k but I'm still trying to get the hang of things again in lower MPs so it's time to experiment.

Glad my guide was useful to you. I also love the TotD/Grave injustice combo for low MP farming. I haven't seen many people use the Fetish Ambush, but I will always take fun over efficiency.
Edited by EddardStark#1833 on 3/29/2013 5:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Came back from Heroic Raiding in WoW, and was surprised to find this guide I wrote almost a year ago. Hopefully bears is still viable : p.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]