Diablo® III

I like being a wiz because...

I can permafreeze, farm high MP's and help other classes with Uber MP10 run. and it's the only class I rolled and know how to play.

Others?
Reply Quote
because i love my wiz bros :)
Reply Quote
Because they made the archon form fairly similar to the starcraft archon unit...which was just awesome.

I still wish 'Improved Archon' rune was instead called 'Power Overwhelming'
Reply Quote
I don't have to farm for Infernal Machines.
Edited by Ricstar#1833 on 1/25/2013 9:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
@ricstar good one.
Reply Quote
...I've always played ranged casters when given a choice.

Pretty sure I'll do the same when I play Path of Exile next.
Reply Quote
Traditionally I've chosen a melee type character to play in most games; rogues, rangers, warriors, etc. I thought I'd mix it up for a change when I started playing D3.

Turns out that if I get setup for CM I'm more melee than ranged but that's ok; CM's not my prim spec. :)

I've grown to really enjoy my time learning "How to Archon". Channeling deadly energy from my palms livens up my otherwise drab life.
Reply Quote
shinny flashy skills
Reply Quote
I've always enjoyed playing arcane classes in rpgs (BG2 and NWN2 being nearly tied for favorite games in this genre). I played through normal with a monk and with a barb and enjoyed the mobility they get, but the fighting style wasn't as fun or efficient as with the wiz, even in normal. My archon impresses a lot of the people I play with (mostly barbs and demon hunters) for its raw efficiency at low MP and for the high damage potential, even in higher MPs. I also really like that our most popular build is so popular in parties, too. We are, quite literally, the "cool people". :D
Reply Quote
The peeps I met here ad in game. So many personalities.
Reply Quote
being able to build a char that doesnt struggle pass mp 2 was a good reason and not needing billions to make a good char. the melee option sns cm wizard has and remind me a lot of my lighting sorc and druid from d2
Reply Quote
I get to have Azula as my character Avatar (Azula's Voice = Grey DeLisle = Female wizard's Voice). What's not to like? Burninating with meteor and shocking my enemies into cowing submission ftw. ;)
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 1/25/2013 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
You're able to be extremely useful in higher mps earlier in the game. Constant freezing improves the survival rate of all parties involved, not just the Wizard. Honestly though, before I decided that I didn't hate the CM build I hated my Wiz. Now he's just slightly higher than my DH, and he outperforms said DH considerably in the higher mp.

Now if farming/grinding wasn't so limited down to Archon solo runs on lower mp, I would probably completely fall in love with him.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 09:36 AMPosted by Ricstar
I don't have to farm for Infernal Machines.

+
People beg for you to join them on high MP A3 farming and Uber runs. They tend to even pay you for it!
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 09:56 AMPosted by bda145
not needing billions to make a good char

well, it does take billions to make a good wiz.
Reply Quote
Because they made the archon form fairly similar to the starcraft archon unit...which was just awesome.

I still wish 'Improved Archon' rune was instead called 'Power Overwhelming'

Totally missed this post. Kudos and best read for me this morning. :)
Reply Quote
Heheh. I think archon is similar to Dr. Manhattan personally.
Reply Quote
my wizzardress is a sexy !@#$%
Reply Quote
I can pew pew without QQ
Reply Quote
@yodatoy: it takes billions to make one the very best wizards. it only takes a 100 mill or so to make a good sns. i think im at 100 mill atm and most of that is the weapon and source
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]