Diablo® III

Archon wizard giving advices :)

On higher MP levels....it just isn't reflect damage that gives you trouble while running high dps Archon......

I am talking about his current GC....500kDPS build that he probably runs on MP 5-6 for fast leveling. I am sure reflect causes him large issues.

LS weapon has more value with high MP levels dealing with Molten/Knockback/etc etc etc.

Just having the 1.5% alone just doesn't cut it on the MP 9-10 especially.

@Jen

I actually like my weapon, I spent 500m on it and it serves me exceptionally well. I'd rather pay 500m for my weapon that grants me the ability to run at high MP levels with my friends than throwing 1-2b on a weapon that lacks LS.
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 1/25/2013 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
The often overlooked aspect of a LS weapon is the ability to face tank elites with less armor/resists/DPS than with just 1.5% from BM. This is especially useful when trying to push to higher MP levels.
Reply Quote
^all good points but cm wiz reigns supreme at high mp. If I wanted to farm high mp, all I have to do is swap in a chantodos set and bt pants.

Kinda pointless trying to optimize archon to farm high mp. On top of that, high mps are terrible in terms of legendaries and loots
Edited by eric#1326 on 1/25/2013 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you want to farm high MP use my build.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Loroese
The often overlooked aspect of a LS weapon is the ability to face tank elites with less armor/resists/DPS than with just 1.5% from BM. This is especially useful when trying to push to higher MP levels

If I were to facetank, I would just go cm. I bought a set of gear for that pretty cheaply.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 11:06 AMPosted by eric
high mps are terrible in terms of legendaries and loots

Can anyone confirm besides eric? I personally find at least one leg (not lately though) in MP8 run. I will find one after 6-10 runs in low mps.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 12:22 PMPosted by yodatoy
high mps are terrible in terms of legendaries and loots

Can anyone confirm besides eric? I personally find at least one leg (not lately though) in MP8 run. I will find one after 6-10 runs in low mps.

Lol you didn't know this? I thought it was common knowledge
Reply Quote
I think for most people the lower mps make more sense for legs. Some of the truely elite cm/ww can farm mp 9-10 pretty fast and get tons of legs and from my experience with better rolls.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 12:46 PMPosted by JellzRoc
I think for most people the lower mps make more sense for legs. Some of the truely elite cm/ww can farm mp 9-10 pretty fast and get tons of legs and from my experience with better rolls.

It all depends on your build and DPS.

After extensively farming both MP3 with Archon:Teleport and Scramble, and now exclusively farming MP7 with Improved Archon, I can say that MP7 easily gives me more legs. However, I have 533K DPS, so I can farm MP7 at a pretty good clip.

It's all dependent on your DPS and build to determine your own personal farming MP.
Edited by James1v12#1875 on 1/25/2013 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
So how about answering our questions?
Reply Quote
In choosing a weapon do I just always go for the highest black dps that I could afford?

I see in other threads to get a sword because of attackspeed while some say to get a mace/spear for higher average damage, etc. etc.

Can somebody explain this in detail? Weapon Selection

Don't know if archon beam has tic breakpoints like twister.

I was a CM/SNS wiz before so any help from the archon department will be much appreciated.
Reply Quote
I completely agree, a life steal weapon is a necessity to farm higher mp with archon.
with proper gear it is possible to farm mp9-10 in archon comparable to top cm wizard.

Eric:

Do you plan to actually provide help to these people asking questions? Or was this just another troll thread created? Yes, you have pretty great gear.....but for the billions you spent, I wouldn't trade some of my items for yours.

You have pretty high health at 60k, your resists are average at 700-770 (Glass cannon puts you at 600-650 range)and you lack a LS weapon. Yes, they are nerfing the reflect damage affix, but even for all your health I'd love to see how you run this at success on Mp 8-10.

I know no doubt that you are an exceptional Wizard, but your gear by however godly you believe it to be....still lacks in certain areas.

On paper your EHP is high, but that is caked on by your large amount of health.
Reply Quote
I'd love some advise to help me get over that 300k dps hill and beyond.
Reply Quote
you want 300k dps unbuffed or buffed?
Reply Quote

eric:

You have pretty high health at 60k, your resists are average at 700-770 (Glass cannon puts you at 600-650 range)and you lack a LS weapon. Yes, they are nerfing the reflect damage affix, but even for all your health I'd love to see how you run this at success on Mp 8-10.

I know no doubt that you are an exceptional Wizard, but your gear by however godly you believe it to be....still lacks in certain areas.

can someone here with around 500k+ dps show how to facetank'ed RD packs on mp5 or up without a lifesteal weapon and using storm armor scramble rune?

I just wanted to clear something, i myself am having trouble facetanking RD's if i drop blood magic. For most of us that had already known, archon's most efficient way to farm on Mp's are:

-where we facetank'ed everything using scramble + teleport
-archon up-time must be 99%
-doesn't die

*if you guys so ever proclaimed that RD nerf will resolve LS problems, that's not a proper solution coz if we waited for reflect shield to wear off it will also cost us valuable time,hence less efficiency.

*if we cant face tank'ed them, and kite till we regain hp's, we're also losing efficiency.

oh and i almost forgot ^_^ pickupradius is also one of a valuable thing. btw, im picking up 250k gold per run (16mins alkaizer run). without pickup rad , i think it's about almost nothing XD
Reply Quote
Hi all,

Can you guys please tell me which archon config should I use (i.e. teleport rune, improved rune, CM or evocation, etc...) and which MP should I run for best efficient?

Many thanks.
Reply Quote
look at my build, I can run mp9 efficiently

Hi all,

Can you guys please tell me which archon config should I use (i.e. teleport rune, improved rune, CM or evocation, etc...) and which MP should I run for best efficient?

Many thanks.
Reply Quote
What advice ppl need???. hurpy durpy 24 MS max out CD CC weapon dam and hold down left mouse button...zzzzzz. crap has never changed except when CM's turned u onto shock armors as opposed to exciting CM alwasy in evolution with break points and delicate balancing act of cc ias and mitigation.

All intelligent wizzys play CM.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/6/2013 11:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 11:22 PMPosted by Aimless
All intelligent wizzys play CM.

well that's awkward... i play both XD
Reply Quote
It's an eric thread. No trolls barred.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/6/2013 11:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]