Diablo® III

Socket quest, YES or NO?

I have seen other requests to bring back the "socket quest", but havent seen any blizzard replies to this question. I am new to the forum, so if there is an answer, please advise. This would greatly help those who cant afford or find "godly equiptment" to atleast do decent in the game.
Reply Quote
I think they should come up with an original idea instead of stealing it from D2.

I vote no for a socket quest.
Reply Quote
It would have been cool to implement it on release. But if they release it now, almost every item that's good and worth something would be worth nothing. Because a socket quest would make it so that you can have an extra socket on top of six affixes. So every item with a socket in existence now would go from godly to crap, because they only have up to 5 affixes and a socket. Then, every item that rolls six affixes, with no socket, become godly and sought after.

The massive paradigm shift in item value would piss off a lot of people.
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 1/25/2013 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, but make the item account-bound.
Reply Quote
It would have been cool to implement it on release. But if they release it now, almost every item that's good and worth something would be worth nothing. Because a socket quest would make it so that you can have an extra socket on top of six affixes. So every item with a socket in existence now would go from godly to crap, because they only have up to 5 affixes and a socket. Then, every item that rolls six affixes, with no socket, become godly and sought after.

I think everyone needs to stop worrying about the imaginary Diablo economy and start worrying about improving the damn game. The market will adjust. It always does. Or they could just take the easy route and make all sockets account bound.
Reply Quote
No.

Ship has sailed and adding a socket option would destroy itemization even more.

I would rather they fixed/buffed existing affixes and add better proc on hit affixes. Perhaps buff skill affixes as well (in a way that I have explained in multiple threads already...).
Reply Quote
I think they should come up with an original idea instead of stealing it from D2.

I vote no for a socket quest.

Borrowing from the book of Jay Wilson. "I didn't want diablo 3 to resemble diablo 2" - Jay Wilson.
Reply Quote

Isn't there a way around that? Like, making it account bound? That would make current items with a socket slightly less exorbitant, and make items that rolled decently but without a socket not be completely worthless. /shrug
Reply Quote
I like the idea of making it account bound once socketed.
Edited by TimeSpike#1874 on 1/25/2013 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 12:51 PMPosted by TimeSpike

This.
Reply Quote

Isn't there a way around that? Like, making it account bound? That would make current items with a socket slightly less exorbitant, and make items that rolled decently but without a socket not be completely worthless. /shrug

not really. assuming the quest is repeatable like everything else in the game, it wont affect the market at all. and if it isnt, you still get to do it 4 times per act per character. so thats 40 items per account.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 12:51 PMPosted by TimeSpike

Ehh no to account bound, Just add it to the jewel dude, and make it cost 10-20 million gold to socket an item. Maybe gold will be worth something again
Edited by Cerealkiller#1993 on 1/25/2013 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just don't make us farm hundreds of hours, over and over and over...I can almost run ACT III in my sleep.
Reply Quote
If this was an "on release" feature then yes. At the moment no.

I have about 50 pieces of gear sitting in my stash that if I added a socket suddenly become worth around 1-2b.

If adding a socket made the item bound to my account then I wouldn't have too big of a deal with it. It would decrease the need for me to find/buy weapons with a socket as well as allowing people to make use of what could have been a great weapon if it rolled a socket.

I would refer to Chillaxin's crafting solution thread in PTR Feedback if you like anything of that nature.
Reply Quote
Absolutely YES - that is, allow the merchant the ability to socket items for a price.
Reply Quote
Socket quest - yes
Account bound - no
Expensive - maybe.. or like 1 million gold
Reply Quote
I would like to see an imbue quest personally.
Reply Quote
http://www.the-games-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Caravan_004.jpg

This is what should have been included.
Reply Quote
that looks like the future fun patch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]