Diablo® III

Socket quest, YES or NO?

Blizzard is afraid of it becoming mandatory to socket things. Well how about this...

Everything that can have a socket gets one automatically. This way its not mandatory to go socket things because they are all socketed already. You can still customize your gear by choosing which gems to socket with. If they did something like this i would like to see the return of jewels. If everyhting has a socket we would need more cool things to put in those sockets to make sockets meaningful again.

Sockets give you the slight chance to sell a weapon for a ton of gold, if every weapon is socketed, the prices will fall, and everyone will cry that they can't make gold because nothing sells in AH... just like they did when the drop rates were increased.
Reply Quote
Actually in the early stages of game development YOU COULD SOCKET items for trinkets so people that are saying "it wasn't in the game blah blah blah"..well PEOPLE it was in the daym game and it should have STAYED in the game but someone (aka Jay Wilson or who knows) took it out eventually.

Yes there should be a way to socket your own items, I don't care if they copy D2LoD and do it once per character per mode (via quest) or with a 10M cost at the jeweler...the point is there are too many good items people find that are only missing a SOCKET from making them great.

I'm in support of any way that a player can improve his/her gear WITHOUT the auction house...hence being able to socket your own gear.

Those who are against it are the GREEDY AH who stand to lose Millions of gold...well to the "elitist" few with that attitude I say "I didn't buy D3 AH tycoon" nor did you, get over your daym self you AH (my gear will lose value) cry me a river....
Reply Quote
Blizzard is afraid of it becoming mandatory to socket things. Well how about this...

Everything that can have a socket gets one automatically. This way its not mandatory to go socket things because they are all socketed already. You can still customize your gear by choosing which gems to socket with. If they did something like this i would like to see the return of jewels. If everyhting has a socket we would need more cool things to put in those sockets to make sockets meaningful again.

Sockets give you the slight chance to sell a weapon for a ton of gold, if every weapon is socketed, the prices will fall, and everyone will cry that they can't make gold because nothing sells in AH... just like they did when the drop rates were increased.

Maybe prices should fall...

Maybe items should be slightly more usefull and not dependant on rolling 1 mod (socket)that either makes or breaks a good weapon...
Reply Quote
People who has already on the top will certainly object this.
Their equipments cost dollars...
And by introducing this, you diminish their equipment value....
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Cerealkiller
I like the idea of making it account bound once socketed.

Ehh no to account bound, Just add it to the jewel dude, and make it cost 10-20 million gold to socket an item. Maybe gold will be worth something again

I totally agree. Is there are reason they removed the guy that could create sockets?
Reply Quote
Socketed item + socket quest = DOUBLE SOCKETS!
/!@#$
Reply Quote
I'll agree with some earlier posts... I'm fine with it if the item you socket becomes account bound and not sellable on ah. And they'd have to make it so you couldn't do it over and over again by reseting the quest log of course...
Reply Quote
View profile
Socket Quest - no.
Remove blacksmithing, bring back GAMBLING!
Reply Quote
All socketed gear should be BOA. Pretty to look at but if you put it on it's yours forever.

The bad thing about this game is that nobody is in it to kill monsters and have a good time.... it's all about the money.... take away the profit motive and only the gamers will be left. Wouldn't that be a sweet deal?
Reply Quote
+1 for socket quest.
+1 for item becoming account bound.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/25/2013 12:51 PMPosted by TimeSpike
I like the idea of making it account bound once socketed.

This, plus destroying the item if you remove the gem for use in another item.
Reply Quote
I vote nein unless BoA.
Reply Quote
didnt i post this like a week ago lol???
Reply Quote
I think the socketing quest is inevitable however, I have a feeling it will come out with d3 expansion which should be in like what 5-6 years? Perhaps give it couple more? Yea....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]