Diablo® III

Help needed on gears for mp5-7

Hi All, i am new to monk class and i am enjoying every bit of it. I am looking at upgrading piece by piece instead of full upgrade. Appreciate if you can advise what would be the first to upgrade for mp5-7. I have around 5mill for the upgrade.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
Your resistances are FAR too low. Bring them up 200–250 points, and you can probably do MP5 without changing much else, if anything.
Reply Quote
Yeah but what are the recommended EQ? Also my DPS is only 39k :(
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:42 PMPosted by DUCATI
Yeah but what are the recommended EQ? Also my DPS is only 39k :(

For gear, try here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7005435884

For DPS, don't worry about it so much. Mine is just under 48K I just walked through 25 champ packs in Act 3 on MP6, including a pair of pulled-two-packs and three of those bugged RD elites. I died twice. Once was when I thought, "Hey, I bet I could grab that globe right next to that arcane sentry without shaving off my last few hit points." (I was wrong.) The other was a bugged RD elite pack.

It's not all about DPS. If it were, I wouldn't have beaten all of MP6 with that same 39K DPS just two weeks ago :)
Reply Quote
For general information, look here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415793376
Reply Quote
Hello i tryed to play diablo mp5 i started at the bridge of korsik but got allot of problems with it can any1 tell me whats mine problems think i got good dps and res so really dont now
Reply Quote
Thank you guys.
Reply Quote
I'll just throw this out there, get an Inna's belt, they are pretty cheap and you'll get a good deal of dps out of it I would presume. But read the guides and make up your own mind, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Reply Quote
i will do some searching of Inna pants :)
Reply Quote
for higher MP, you'll need to improve your sustain and damage. You need to bring some damage so you don't have to absorb much damage for toOo long and let LS work for you. You've got good LOH but will need a bit of LS to boost it.

Also, double stacking resist using OWE is also one way to boost sustain.

Priority upgrade maybe:
Gloves - the high dex is very tempting but a lower dex gloves but has AS and AR could easily top your current gloves. AS also helps with your LOH.
Belt - you'd find some good upgrades for very cheap

Others:
Need to increase your CD.
For skills, with a "respectable" CC, SW Cyclone would help you with DPS.

GLHF
Reply Quote
What is the CC, IAS and CD ideal for mp5-7?
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 06:09 AMPosted by DUCATI
What is the CC, IAS and CD ideal for mp5-7?

No one has a chart like this. What's you're really asking, as I see it, is "How much DPS do I need?" and "How much sustain do I need?" (I mention sustain because APS and IAS have a big effect on LpH.) The answers to these questions depend on the player, the player's gear, and the player's playstyle. I can generally beat up MP6 rather handily with 50K paper DPS, 1.92 APS (1.50 base and +28% IAS), 27% CHC, and 244% CHD. Some players could handle that, although they might find the pace too slow; some just wouldn't be capabale of doing it. But it's not just the player or the gear—it's also the skill selection. If I swap Hard Target to Overawe, for example, I can't do MP6 well at all in my gear, as I simply can't kill things fast enough to handle the incoming damage.

Anyway, the whole thing goes together. There's no magic answer. All I can say is that 550K eLife, 80K eSustain, and 200K eDPS are sufficient for all of MP6 and most of MP7. YMMV.
Reply Quote
thank you all for the valuable advise. that being said, i am looking at changing to inna pants. should i stack Armor or Cold? I know i am low on VIT.. :(
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 08:40 PMPosted by DUCATI
thank you all for the valuable advise. that being said, i am looking at changing to inna pants. should i stack Armor or Cold? I know i am low on VIT.. :(

You should run each piece of armor you're considering through an effective life calculator and then pick the one that provides the best return for your gold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]