Diablo® III

MOBA: Style PVP

The idea is based around games like, Hero's of Newearth, League of Legends, Defence of the Ancients

Imagine a map like the one they use in all the top MOBA games, 5 v 5 Scenario.

First step is selecting your Hero.
To keep it balanced your hero enters the game With a generic set of items that are balanced between the 5 classes.

The starting set is just so you can handle MP0 waves of Creeps/ Monster's. The paragon lvls do not take effect in this area, only lvl 60 characters can enter.

When the Match Starts you will either start with The "Angel's" or with the "Demon's". Just like in the MOBA's there will be 3 lanes, Top, Middle, Bottom, and the Jungle Zone, and instead of Kongor/ Roshan, it would be a random Main Boss's.

Monster's Packs that venture down the lanes will become more powerful as game progress's, just like in the other MOBA's

Gear and Experience will come from Creeps/ Monster's. The only type of gear that drops is ilvl 63 loot, Experience earned in the Game will add to your Paragon leveling after the Match, the winning team will receive 100% of all earned experience and gear and the loser will receive, No Gear but will retain earn't Experience.

The items will not have to be Identified and can be equipped ASAP.

The match's would last on average for about 45mins to 1 hour.

Also After the match you will receive a rank, the rank will be based on weather you win or lose match's ( Similar to League of Legends and Hero's of Newearth ).

This is just a idea for other styles of PvP arena's that could be implemented into the Diablo 3 world, feel free to let me know what you think of the idea
Reply Quote
how do you list dota AFTER hon and lol....
Reply Quote
As they stated multiple times that the PvP is just an option and they won't make a big deal out of it, I can't see how your suggestion will ever be taken into consideration.

Anyway, if you like MOBA games, you know, play one of the ones you listed...
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 04:10 AMPosted by haushinka

Cause HoN is better :-)

No serius, it's just a matter of taste.. I can't login on Dota 2 and get used on how slow the game seens after I played near 3 years of HoN waiting for Dota 2 comes out... It just seens as the characters are dragging themselves.. I know lots of people who feel the same and also know lots of people who feel the oposite and I also know lots of people who prefer LoL over both.. (That I can't understand..)

As for the OP idea, it seens cool but it's not what D3 is design for. What the whole point of farming if you can take ur godlike items with you when you go PVP?
Reply Quote
It's now possible to play custom multiplayer maps online in HoN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqdnppwQcsU

So go ahead and make your own Diablo3 esque moba. The movement thing you gonna have to figure out on your own. Apart from that it's fully possible.

There's 115 heroes currently in HoN and it won't be hard to mimic each and every skill in diablo3. Heck my Nightmarish map was somewhat inspired by diablo. Even got the name from the back of the D2 cover.

This, let Blizzard design pvp for D3 has pretty much been disappointing so why not create something yourself?

Unfortunately D3 won't ever have any form of mod support so, your idea will never realize within D3.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/28/2013 5:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 04:36 AMPosted by Paladino

No serius, it's just a matter of taste.. I can't login on Dota 2 and get used on how slow the game seens after I played near 3 years of HoN waiting for Dota 2 comes out... It just seens as the characters are dragging themselves.. I know lots of people who feel the same and also know lots of people who feel the oposite and I also know lots of people who prefer LoL over both.. (That I can't understand..)

As for the OP idea, it seens cool but it's not what D3 is design for. What the whole point of farming if you can take ur godlike items with you when you go PVP?

whatever dude. dota created the genre. you cite it first.
Reply Quote

whatever dude. dota created the genre. you cite it first.

LoL has 100 million accounts, it should be stated first, because it's the biggest.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/28/2013 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am a player from Brazil. At the moment I am playing DiabloIII and LOL and I've been thinking about the same thing that you thought for a while. It would be awesome to play PvP Diablo like 5v5 MOBA style, then I decided to come here to look if others would think the same and I found this topic among many others asking the same thing and I hope someone listen to us.

01/27/2013 12:32 AMPosted by Twisted
The only type of gear that drops is ilvl 63 loot

01/27/2013 12:32 AMPosted by Twisted
The items will not have to be Identified and can be equipped ASAP

And that is the only thing I do not agree with you for the same question Paladino brought. And he is right!

I realized that when I started to come out with this idea and shared with some friends.

But then I thought, what if we started with some basic and generic set of items, like you said and our PvE items could be bought in the game as it happens at LOL. We could collect gold from minions, towers, bosses and players. And use the gold to buy our PvE items.

All PvE boots, for example, independent of the player, could cost the same amount of gold, to make worth it farm in the PvE, and there could also be some other boots available for buying just in the PvP that could cost a little less than our PvE items but it would not be goodlike.

But bear in mind that, everyone would start with the same equipment and as you start to collect gold, you start buying your own items. In that way, players that have already a goodlike set of items would not be impaired. On the other hand, players who have a good PvP strategy, play good on team but dont have goodlike items, could also beat the goodlike ones, because they would level faster and pick up items faster.

And we could start lvl1 just with a basic attack like bash for the Barbarians and as the player start leveling he could release his actual build and then he could increase the power of the skills as happens at LOL.

It would be nice. What do you guys think ?
Edited by ApocDoido#1715 on 1/28/2013 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
... still having hope that someone shows that to the PvP development team ... o/
Reply Quote
all flies go to the !@#$, it doesn't mean that the %^-* is good
Reply Quote
UP o/
Reply Quote
yo fuk ur LoL style... go play dota if u want that game play... we want DIABLO PVP = GO OUTA TOWN N KILL SOME FOOLZ
Reply Quote
Personally I'd love to see a MOBA-esque PVP style added to Diablo 3, it'd give the goal oriented PVP they want and use a lot of tactics... I know it'll prolly never happen but I'm not a fan of head on team deathmatch.
Reply Quote
...there are rumors that they are working on something like that for WoW ... why not for Diablo ? ... besides ... its not that it wiould be the only form of PvP ... they could also work on the Team Deathmatch Arena ... and deliver us two arenas ... \o/ kkkkkk
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]