Diablo® III

[Suggestion] How to make GI/GF usable all MP

GI/GF is good for low MP farming but they're also almost useless for high MP.

So I'm thinking, if the mobs can drop more health globe at high MP (not only when they die), the GI/GF build can be still very useful at high MP.

My proposal is to have mob a 10% chance to drop a health globe every (100/mpLvl)% health drop. it don't noticeable on low MP but at higher MP, the proc of the health globe drop can rise a lot and make GI/GF usable.

Any thought?
Reply Quote
View profile
I think monsters should have a chance to drop health globes on hit and not at a certain percentage drop in health but I do like your formula.

BTW you still haven't addressed GI. GI procs on death which occur less often on higher MP. How would you make Gi work at mp10?
Reply Quote
How about, GI also have a 2% proc chance whenever you hit a target within 8 yards?

Actually the same proc rate can be happened to other class "proc on kill" skill like Archonform of Wiz. It can improve build diversities to make some skills useful through all the MP but not only for the low mp farming.

The health globe things benefit not only GI/GF build but all classes in general. It is good for build diversity and not yet caught jealousy from others.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well that nerfs it heavily in lower MP. I'll sleep on it and share anything that comes to mind that retains its effectiveness in Lower Mp while extending the bonus into MP10.

If we can generate some good ideas here I'll add them to this thread here along with credit where its due. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593582072
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 1/27/2013 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Maybe, GI can be affected by globes instead of on kill? And VQ could be changed to 'critical hits have a chance of creating health globes' or something like that? That way there's some kind of synergy between our passives?

Or, we could just change VQ to something like 'X% of damage returned as mana.' That way, it scales with our ever increasing DPS and allows us to stack attack speed, as well. GI would still need some work, but it would possibly let us use PtV...

Speaking of PtV, why does it make out skills cost 30% resource? Barbs get a free 15% cc and 50% CD. I don't see any of their skills costing more fury from their passives. Same goes for the DH Archery passive.
Reply Quote
I also make a post trying to change it as well as you. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764876776

I propose to make GF with crits in order to not be obligated to have pick up radius and look for the health globes, i explain it more detailed on my post.
Edited by Asgard#2173 on 1/27/2013 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Asgard
I propose to make GF with crits in order to not be obligated to have pick up radius and look for the health globes, i explain it more detailed on my post.

That's a big nerf to Thing of the Deep and pickup radius. Many players, including me, build up the WD with PUR will cry out loud.
Reply Quote
Yes, you are right, but you can see it from the other side. Now you will be able to change your off hand and get some1 that give you a lot more dps. Because talking about dps, thing of the Deep is not the best choice.

But, what has been said before is pretty nice. with crits you got a chance to create a health golbe, i really like it, as it proposal to return % of dmg in mana
Edited by Asgard#2173 on 1/27/2013 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Just run with a 0 dog WD, I always have a 5 stack on any MP. You can also run Death is Life rune which nicely supplements globes that naturally drop.
Reply Quote
0 dog wd is an alternative, but the only one. And what we are trying here is to make it viable with multiple builds. I really dont like pretty much this setup. Is pretty expensive and the dps result is not worth in my opinion. Also gameplay changes, you must be at mele range.
Reply Quote
A decrease in sheet DPS from 0 dog gear doesn't mean a decrease in DPS output - you have no idea how hard 0 dog WDs can hit.
Reply Quote
I really know it XD I have seen a lot of people streaming it on twitch tv and they got a lot of dps. And, of course, its output dps is extremely high. Still its true, i dont distorts what i have said. Its expensive and the only alternative. Let's try to make another alternatives.
Reply Quote
Your proposal will hurt people who invested in a Thing of the Deep, PU gear, Sac gear, etc.

"Seeing it from the other side" is not a good enough reason for this radical change.

I agree that WDs need some buffs because high MP farming is difficult but your proposal is not feasible because Bliz is trying to push for diversity.

Your proposal narrows gear towards Crit chance/damage.
Reply Quote
View profile
GI/GF is good for low MP farming but they're also almost useless for high MP.

So I'm thinking, if the mobs can drop more health globe at high MP (not only when they die), the GI/GF build can be still very useful at high MP.

My proposal is to have mob a 10% chance to drop a health globe every (100/mpLvl)% health drop. it don't noticeable on low MP but at higher MP, the proc of the health globe drop can rise a lot and make GI/GF usable.

Any thought?

Stefan after giving it some thought I would handle GF and Gi similarly, they should work off of monster health whose intervals decrease as MP goes up.
So the way you set up GF:
Monsters have a chance to drop a health globe every (100/MPlvl)% drop in health

Currently health globes have a chance to drop when the monster is at 75% health, 50% and 25%. So this is same as as your formula at MP4. Every (100/4)% amount of drop in health there is a chance for a health globe to drop. Keep this for Mp4 and lower.

In MP5 (100/5) %, MP6 (100/6)%, and so on all the way to (100/10)% at Mp10.

Do this for GI too.
Monsters lower 1 CD every (100/MPlvl)% drop in health, for all MP lvls.

So at Mp 0 and Mp1, it is at 100% monster health. At Mp2 there (100/2) %, Mp 5 (100/5) %.

With that said, I agree the C4Dog guys. That build makes good use of GF, and that's fine. I wouldn't change GF if they can use it just fine. Instead, I would focus my attention on figuring out a good mechanism for GI.
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 1/27/2013 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]