Diablo® III

Demon Hunter Dual Wielding

I am currently using calamity with deadmans as quiver. I don't know anything about dual wielding can anyone tell me the benefits or advantages of it and what I should I be using as an offhand weapon if I were to dual wield and what stats I should be looking for?

thank you
Reply Quote
View profile
Duel-wield = rotating hands when attacking. Skills you don't use your "hands" will be subject to the damage of your main hand weapon.

This does not help, but give you some number to think about
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764436847

to have good dps with duel-wield, you need to have weapon with similar dps, better if both weapon have the same aps. must have socket. emerald is on average good for duel-wield. You lose bonus to chc off quiver.
Reply Quote
well I got myself danettas as an offhand wep. I lost a lot of vit and IAS but gained dps and it looks cool so I'm pretty happy with the outcome
Edited by ANFO#1897 on 1/27/2013 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/27/2013 06:34 PMPosted by ANFO
well I got myself danettas as an offhand wep. I lost a lot of vit and IAS but gained dps and it looks cool so I'm pretty happy with the outcome

I would also get an soj 28-30% for the extra disc and +% magic damage because you are using a black weapon it should give you a 5-6% dps boost.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:48 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

I would also get an soj 28-30% for the extra disc and +% magic damage because you are using a black weapon it should give you a 5-6% dps boost.

yea I need a soj
Reply Quote
Duel-wield = rotating hands when attacking. Skills you don't use your "hands" will be subject to the damage of your main hand weapon.

This does not help, but give you some number to think about
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764436847

to have good dps with duel-wield, you need to have weapon with similar dps, better if both weapon have the same aps. must have socket. emerald is on average good for duel-wield. You lose bonus to chc off quiver.

But you get the 10% CC back with Archery passive.
Reply Quote
^ You don't. You get the bonus from archery based on your main hand weapon, not the offhand.
Reply Quote
You get the 10% CC with a 1h and a quiver as well. You do get a 15% IAS bonus for dual wielding but a DML can have up to 20% so that is usually a net loss too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]