Diablo® III

wizards and staves

i feel short ended here as a wizard, there are no good staves. just compare the DPS of staff of grand vizier to skorn, skorn can roll well past 1600, yet the highest SoV ive seen is 1450, skorn gets socket and crit hit damage. overall it just feels like staves are lacking.

do you guys think there should be a staff with crit chance always and a potential socket that could match the DPS of skorn?

basicly mirror skorn in damage, but trade crit damage for crit chance on this new staff.

i also think diabo's and polearms are also lacking and should also be made.
Reply Quote
Polearms suck, their APS is absolutely horrible.

I've only seen one good Daibo. This one:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/flying-dragon
Reply Quote
View profile
yeah big time blizz fail on staves. You know things are bad when our best 2hder is an axe. And still 1hders are better.

should have like 40 apoc on them and way more DPS.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/27/2013 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
It shows how lazy their itemization is.
Reply Quote
Yeah, class specific items should be comparable across the board. Normally when I run a mage I use a staff, and D3 disappointed me :( Fallback is usually swordmage, but that doesn't work as well here either unless you really find a great one...
Reply Quote
Polearms suck, their APS is absolutely horrible.

I've only seen one good Daibo. This one:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/flying-dragon #2

I've got one that dropped with 1180 DPS, 1700 Life on Hit, -5 Lashing Tail Kick, and 120 Crit Damage. Gonna wait until 1.07 goes live with the LT changes and then see if I can sell it.
Edited by Ossian#1946 on 1/28/2013 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
yeah big time blizz fail on staves. You know things are bad when our best 2hder is an axe. And still 1hders are better.

should have like 40 apoc on them and way more DPS.

Yep. Damage running up to 1400-1500, as much as 25 APOC, big Int roll, socket with chance of LS/LOH, extra crit damage, etc.

That would be something to replace 1-H plus source.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah, it makes no sense that staves can't roll mana/AP bonuses. They should also be able to roll every wiz/WD skill bonus that is available to wands, knives, sources, and mojos but, ya know, that would be logical.
Reply Quote
so what i think what most wizards would agree on for a 2h weapon would be

big int bonus (max 500)
socket
up to 20 arcane power on crit
and passive crit chance (up to 10%)

and a compareable dps rate to skorn

and perhaps another stat would be random wizard skill bonus buff
Reply Quote
Staffs should have:

High Dps rolls...1200-1700 base
APOC 10-20
Elemental Bonus 10-15%
Intel 200-250
2 props

Even then...I am not sure how helpful they'd be
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 1/29/2013 9:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
imo its gotta have way more int, 1 handed weps can roll up to 300, + off hand up to 300 = 600int.

and depending on those 2 properties it could randomize into say lifesteal and socket? low chance of course. but just as easily turn into dex and lower cost of arcane torrent by 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]