Diablo® III

Potions in pvp?

Hi all,

I have been playing a little PTR recently and notice a lot of people are using potions to heal. In D2 it was considered bad mannered. I asked a monk I was dueling why he was using potions and he responded, " everyone uses them." Am I old schooled? Is potions considered ok? I don't even carry potions anymore, but may start to once the pvp patch hits if this is the case.

Am i an old school noob?

Snazzy
Reply Quote
You can only use potions every 30 seconds, so it's not like you can spam them to avoid dying.
Reply Quote
I never really do D2 pvp before this, but i can see a big difference between D2 and D3. In D3 potions have cooldown, so it is less exploitable. In D2 you can spam the potions. In D3 potions becomes a skill, a technique that needs timing.

Basically you can view it as a 7th skill that give you 12.5k hp that has 30 seconds cooldown. No diff to our breath of heaven. And everyone has it.
Reply Quote
Health Globe Bonuses yo. ^_^ I love my 25k heal~
Reply Quote
shhhhhhhh teckno.
Reply Quote
Whatcha gonna do, smack me around with yo big baad shield. <3

Edit: Than I look at your Shield again.. OH LOOK HEALTH GLOBE BONUS LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL
Edited by Teckno#1555 on 1/28/2013 2:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
LOL yup. :P
Reply Quote
this isnt diablo 2 is it einstein
Reply Quote
It is acceptable. With everybody gearing for eHP and Life Pools exceeding 80K, 12,500 life with a 30 sec cooldown will not be exploited. But yeah there will finally be a use for Health globe bonuses on gear =)
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 04:54 AMPosted by ajnin
this isnt diablo 2 is it einstein

Yes I realize that. But I have been in duels that lasted more than a minute and the healing from potions of add up. Just wondering if it was accepted gameplay, that's all.

Cheers,

Snazzy
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 05:51 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
It is acceptable. With everybody gearing for eHP and Life Pools exceeding 80K, 12,500 life with a 30 sec cooldown will not be exploited. But yeah there will finally be a use for Health globe bonuses on gear =)

Thanks for the response Carl. Not that I'm any good so far in pvp anyway. Still experimenting and trying not to get one shotted. Lol.

Cheers,

Snazzy
Reply Quote

Thanks for the response Carl. Not that I'm any good so far in pvp anyway. Still experimenting and trying not to get one shotted. Lol.

Cheers,

Snazzy

Also a few people asked me if I was using potions and I said yes. They were most likely D2 players as well since potion spamming was taboo back then. They then responded that they will use them too and all was good, no name calling and what not. Game on-

EDIT: Note for some reason I only used potions in FFA but not in 1v1 situations now that I think about it. Probably my D2 conditioning.
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 1/28/2013 7:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]