So what is the fix to this?
All plus move speed on gear is averaged out over every character/player in the Co-Op group.
Why do this?
- So everyone stays as a group, better chance to beat the monsters.
- No one lags behind and misses out on loot or gold or XP
- Everyone always feels all the buffs from the other players
- No one misses out on shrines.
- Everyone is contributing to the killing, no one too slow to catch up to kill
Any downsides to this?
- You might lose a little personal move speed when all the move speed on every player is averaged out. But the idea of Co-Op is teamwork and not "go hard yourself"
So I think this is a good idea to help everyone stay as a group and not have people unable to catch up and miss out on things in Co-Op. If people did not rush rush always in most Co-Op games this'd not be an issue. But people just don't listen to slow down. So I believe Blizzard needs this averaging on plus move speed to force everyone back together into a group.