Diablo® III

Monk LF gear criticisms

If getting around the map fast is your cup of tea, make sure to check out this build over in the Monk forums:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7763317662

It's a SW/SSS build with massive speed, but no real Spirit per second gear required. You can easily modify it to be more bell-spammy with your gear if you wanted.

Regarding the lack of AoE on SW, I'm not sute you've played with a TC/Cyclone build that had enough CC. Every other hit generates a tornado that spins out and hits 6 times, and have a large range. Even TR rush builds use SW because it's the most efficient way to kill large groups of enemies. A huge advantage is also that all this is passive and requires no additional spirit expenditure, so you can soend more on maintaining max buffs 100% of the time. There's a reason the build is referred to as the "cookie cutter" over on the Monk forums. There really isn't much as generally efficient.

As a reference point, even witg picking up rares, playing HC carefully, and not trying too hard, I can get somewhere between 20M and 30M XP per hour with the cookie cutter if I want. If you're bored with it or don't like it, then do something you find more fun. But it's brutally effective at every MP.
Reply Quote
i actually use Sweeping Wind - Inner Storm for additional regeneration. The damage is a bonus.

mantra of healing circular breathing - again for the regeneration, free shield on tap.

I have an extra 6 spirit regen/sec with these two buffs and spam bell more often but otherwise our builds are the same.

come the new patch spirit builds will be buffed and im guessing your set up will have alot of overkill damage
Reply Quote
If getting around the map fast is your cup of tea, make sure to check out this build over in the Monk forums:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7763317662

It's a SW/SSS build with massive speed, but no real Spirit per second gear required. You can easily modify it to be more bell-spammy with your gear if you wanted.

Regarding the lack of AoE on SW, I'm not sute you've played with a TC/Cyclone build that had enough CC. Every other hit generates a tornado that spins out and hits 6 times, and have a large range. Even TR rush builds use SW because it's the most efficient way to kill large groups of enemies. A huge advantage is also that all this is passive and requires no additional spirit expenditure, so you can soend more on maintaining max buffs 100% of the time. There's a reason the build is referred to as the "cookie cutter" over on the Monk forums. There really isn't much as generally efficient.

As a reference point, even witg picking up rares, playing HC carefully, and not trying too hard, I can get somewhere between 20M and 30M XP per hour with the cookie cutter if I want. If you're bored with it or don't like it, then do something you find more fun. But it's brutally effective at every MP.

Hmm, that build seems really interesting, I may just try tweaking it a bit to see what i can get out of it. Thx a bunch!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]