Diablo® III

Stuck at "Updating Blizzard Update Agent"

Having this issue also

I already tried deleting Battle.net Cache, Battle.net folder from ProgramData
Secondary Logon already set to automatic

Run as Admin from Launcher (also tried run admin from diablo3.exe itself)

Stop AV/firewall

Still the same.. worst part is when i launch again after waiting for a few minutes
the agent.exe multiplies in task manager

I did "fix" it once by reinstalling the game which is a pain in the a** but after that it worked...
and issue happened again same scenario with all the applied fix =)
Reply Quote
THX Bankmain problem solved :)
Reply Quote
I haven't played Diablo for a few months but today I tried to play and upon running the program, the Updating Blizzard Update Agent bubble popped up and stopped less than half way through. I tried every suggestion listed before deciding to just uninstall and try re-installing. When I tried to re-install, the first thing that pops up when I put the disc in is "Updating Blizzard Update Agent", and it stops in the same spot. I have no clue what to do.
Reply Quote
Abendschein,

Try starting Diablo III with the "Run as Administrator" option. To do that, just right click on the icon you use to start the game and that option will be listed.

Had the same problem and this worked.

thank you !
Reply Quote
Hey, i was having the same problem. i have weird connection problems with a few games. i think its because i dont have IE as my default browser but to connect to some things such as LoL GTA IV and D3 i need to launch IE And just go to any website like google exc. after that try to relaunch the game.
Reply Quote
07/05/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Curtis
Hey, i was having the same problem. i have weird connection problems with a few games. i think its because i dont have IE as my default browser but to connect to some things such as LoL GTA IV and D3 i need to launch IE And just go to any website like google exc. after that try to relaunch the game.

try reseting your internet options.
that typically helps for situations where you find the program runs after you open IE.

heres a link to one of my other posts.
it will tell you how to:
  • disable proxy settings and turn off "working offline" mode
  • reset your internet options
  • ..as well as some other things you probably wont need atm.
  • http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728403638?page=3#54
    Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 7/5/2013 6:31 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I tried all of the above with no luck, I had this problem a few months and found when I restored my windows to an earlier time it fixed it but the other night windows updated and I have the same issue again. I can't keep going back to and earlier time and Windows will always do updates and I can' not keep restoring backwards to get the launcher to work past the searching for updates. No wonder everyone craps all over the game you can't even get blizzard to fix the launcher. Part of me wants to play and part of me after trying all of the above for the last hour+ wants to just say forget about D3 forever. Never have I seen in all my time a game so anti player. Legit players like myself get screwed out of a game they love because it's broken and Blizzard refuses to fix it or find out why it is doing this but yet the people using bots which I have watched live streams on Twitch and people using bots they get to play. Blizzard I really don't understand why you stopped giving a damn about your players, if we can't play you lose customers and piss off the people spending money on your games. I was thinking about buying a copy for either PS3 or 360 but since you seem not to care about the players maybe I shouldn't put any more money into your company. If anyone has any other suggestion that has NOT been listed on this thread for me to try please post.
    Reply Quote
    07/15/2013 04:29 PMPosted by TeriC
    I tried all of the above with no luck, I had this problem a few months and found when I restored my windows to an earlier time it fixed it but the other night windows updated and I have the same issue again. I can't keep going back to and earlier time and Windows will always do updates and I can' not keep restoring backwards to get the launcher to work past the searching for updates. No wonder everyone craps all over the game you can't even get blizzard to fix the launcher. Part of me wants to play and part of me after trying all of the above for the last hour+ wants to just say forget about D3 forever. Never have I seen in all my time a game so anti player. Legit players like myself get screwed out of a game they love because it's broken and Blizzard refuses to fix it or find out why it is doing this but yet the people using bots which I have watched live streams on Twitch and people using bots they get to play. Blizzard I really don't understand why you stopped giving a damn about your players, if we can't play you lose customers and piss off the people spending money on your games. I was thinking about buying a copy for either PS3 or 360 but since you seem not to care about the players maybe I shouldn't put any more money into your company. If anyone has any other suggestion that has NOT been listed on this thread for me to try please post.

you said you tried everything in my post?

also you mention that using an earlier restore point you are able to fix the issue. if this is the case you "should" be able to identify the update that is causing you a problem.
    Reply Quote
    I got this problem from using the client download agent off of the blizzard website for Diablo 3, i tried everything above i haven't tried using my disk but i shouldn't have to... i have even deleted everything involving blizzard on my computer and re trying; nothing -.- now i gotta reinstall sc2 and WoW...
    Reply Quote
    I have problems 2, when I start diablo III and the uppdate come, it stops at 40% and then gives me a Error, someone know the answer that can help me?...
    Reply Quote
    I seem to be having the same issue =(. It has said "necessiary file cannot be found" as well as notifying that my system is not up to specs. I've been trying to work this one out awhile.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]