Diablo® III

Burning Axe question

So, I found this tonight

http://i47.tinypic.com/6o2a9z.jpg

I'm wondering if a Wiz could dual wield this and get bonuses to both STAT and FIRE DAMAGE spells/skills? Wouldn't this be a helpful stat stick? Or are Wizards better off using something else, even if they focus on fire skills?
Reply Quote
no you cannot dual wield it due to unique equip and wizards cannot wield two 1 hand
Reply Quote
You usually get the highest dps using a source. Problem with that axe is the dps is way too low, and not just on the one you found. The added fire damage doesn't make up for it (plus fire based builds aren't too popular).
Edited by JackStraw#1836 on 1/26/2013 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I see. And most use Set sources like a Chantodo or Tal Rasha for the set bonus plus all the high rolls on the source. Is it possible for a rare source to out roll one of those two or the legendaries and be worth considering? Or are all rare sources junk regardless of roll?
Edited by Corgon#1140 on 1/26/2013 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think what you guys are forgetting to mention are 3 things:

1) Sankis sucks hard
2) You cannot equip more than one of the same legendary
3) Wiz cannot dual wield, period.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Corgon
I see. And most use Set sources like a Chantodo or Tal Rasha for the set bonus plus all the high rolls on the source. Is it possible for a rare source to out roll one of those two or the legendaries and be worth considering? Or are all rare sources junk regardless of roll?

nobody uses rare sources anymore imo. it's all oculus/chant/trium/glare
Reply Quote
And i should point out the adds % to fire damage actually increases damage for all skills and fire skills deal % more damage is what will buffs your meteors etc. So, if you were looking to try out an all fire build, you can get a burning axe with ok dps and a socket for pretty cheap. it could possible work. and,

01/26/2013 06:43 PMPosted by pichapiegal
nobody uses rare sources anymore imo.

your opinion is correct, i think it's like 0.3% of level 60s.
Reply Quote
And i should point out the adds % to fire damage actually increases damage for all skills and fire skills deal % more damage is what will buffs your meteors etc. So, if you were looking to try out an all fire build, you can get a burning axe with ok dps and a socket for pretty cheap. it could possible work. and,

nobody uses rare sources anymore imo.

I can confirm that a Burning Axe of Sankis works very well in the Shaggalicious LL Meteor build, provided you get one with the following rolls: 600+ LoH, 950 DPS, 6% / 25%, and an OS.
Use Mammoth Hydra instead of Explosive Blast. Also, use Tal's body armor and source with it too for 28% bonus Fire skill damage.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/27/2013 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
interesting, my build uses mammoth hydra as a primary. i wonder if sankis can compete with a massive 2hander
Reply Quote

I can confirm that a Burning Axe of Sankis works very well in the Shaggalicious LL Meteor build, provided you get one with the following rolls: 600+ LoH, 950 DPS, 6% / 25%, and an OS.
Use Mammoth Hydra instead of Explosive Blast. Also, use Tal's body armor and source with it too for 28% bonus Fire skill damage.
I can confirm what Doctor Doom says that a good Burning Axe of Sankis works pretty well with Shaggalicious. The proc is essentially a barb's Ignore Pain skill (ie reducing all damage taken by 65% for 5 seconds), which means the proc can offer quite a bit of damage mitigation. While I still think I personally prefer a Chant's Will or Butcher's Sickle, the Burning Axe is probably a competitive option for those that want to try it out. :)
Reply Quote
^Yeah the one we tested didn't have perfect rolls.

Sickle or Chants or EF with the good rolls are better overall but the axe is much cheaper.

Now if Fire Bolts can somehow replace LL in the build then use Burning Axe all the way.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/27/2013 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]