Diablo® III

Hybridish Archon Next Upgrade?

Blizz profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hjalmr-1975/hero/10275033

or

d3up
http://d3up.com/b/20446

Absolutely love melting face with archon on lower MPs (ideally I want to be able to have decent efficiency at mp4/5 as quickly as possible so I can work on building a Hellfire ring), with that in mind...

...My next item(s) budget is ~55 million (making some sales, hope to have that much by Tuesday)

Should I be looking at some better rolled/itemized rings and maybe some lower rolled trifecta gloves?

Also, would it be better given my MP goal, to try and get really close to BiS for a certain slot with the full 55 mil or "spread the love" to my woefully undergeared slots? Please note all my gear save the source, wep, and helm were pulled from my WD (wiz is more fun to me lol new main hollaaaa)

p.s. ignore the lack of andariels :((((( and random question does Sorceress' Erosion dmg modifier apply to my archon damage if im hitting enemies while they're standing in it? Or does it only modify her damage?

Any input is appreciated, thank you!
Edited by Hjalmr#1975 on 1/27/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
I would look at a new triumvirate first, you can get a much better one for 10 mil or less and it will be a significant dps upgrade. Then I would spread the gold around, you still have quite a few places that can be upgraded for 10 mil or less.

I would get 24% movement speed increase as a high priority since it helps you keep up archon and is just nice to have. Cheap lacuni bracers and/or zunimassa boots can do it. I would eventually upgrade your chest to something without movement speed, requiring bracers and boots, but I would probably upgrade other things with this next purchase.

Gloves should be upgradable on your budget, rings too.

I would spread the 50mil around into maybe 5 10 million gold purchases.
Reply Quote
To run mp4/5 effectively you need 200-250k dps and preferably LS weapon. But i agree, get a decent trium first and speed to 24.
Reply Quote
My speed is already at 24% Notrius, but I assume you both mean speed to 24% w/o my current chest, so ideally, if I'm understanding you both correctly...

10 mil new Triumvirate
~5 mil ring
~5 mil ring
10 mil gloves
10 mil lacuni's or 10 mil zuni's (would assume lacuni's since I already have 12 mspeed boots, althought the quality is not great lol-fire-walkers-am-I-right)
10 mil chest (if I get the lacuni's, I can upgrade the chest, pref no mspeed, and 3 sockets?)

edit: Almost forgot to say thank you! Really appreciate the input!
Edited by Hjalmr#1975 on 1/27/2013 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
My speed is already at 24% Notrius, but I assume you both mean speed to 24% w/o my current chest, so ideally, if I'm understanding you both correctly...

10 mil new Triumvirate
~5 mil ring
~5 mil ring
10 mil gloves
10 mil lacuni's or 10 mil zuni's (would assume lacuni's since I already have 12 mspeed boots, althought the quality is not great lol-fire-walkers-am-I-right)
10 mil chest (if I get the lacuni's, I can upgrade the chest, pref no mspeed, and 3 sockets?)

edit: Almost forgot to say thank you! Really appreciate the input!
Oh yeah, you have 2 less popular pieces with movement speed so it wasn't registering that you had 24% already. But do drop the chest and get it on some other place eventually.

Your breakdown looks reasonable to me. For the chest look at zuni and tal rasha chests. Both have 3 sockets by default. Usually zuni will give you more ehp and tal rasha more dps. The zuni would also synergize with the zuni boots and/or ring which are both great pieces too.
Reply Quote
I would also suggest you to focus on increasing IAS, it's vital for archon to get above 2, that should be done with tal rasha/lacuni/witching hour/trifecta ring. After you get a new trium, start getting them one by one. Your EHP will come down and you will eventually have to replace AR/armor bonuses somewhere else, but unfortunately it's the only way to get more dps and reset archon in reasonable time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]