Diablo® III

If the Xpac was free or cheap

I know i might be out of line saying this, but Blizzard I feel that maybe you should offer the xpac for free or at a low price like 10 to 20 dollars. I say this, because there is a possibility that more people who quit would come back to the game. After seeing how cheap it is. You probably have the price already set in stone, but i just wanted to give my opinion.
Reply Quote
View profile
To me the price doesn't really matter too much per se but rather I would want it to just be good. If the xpack has great new content and longevity and/or nice features the price wouldn't play too much of a part for me.
Reply Quote
I will NEVER spend another dollar on the "Blizzard" name. I got burned a little on the Cataclysm expansion, and pandas made me quit WoW for good. I got really burned on D3, and SC2 was mediocre at best. The Blizzard name is nothing to me now. I'll only buy an Activision/Blizzard game if its been out a while, people I know love it, and I've had a chance to extensively test it myself. I bought D3 because I played a ton of D2, and I absolutely loved hardcore mode. Once I found out that D3 had a hardcore mode I was in. They couldn't possibly mess this up, right?

I've been fooled twice by the new Blizzard, and never again. I type this with many of my original blizzard games hanging above me on an old CD rack, and I even have the little blizzard blank note pad from the original release of Diablo on the shelf too. I love all the old warcraft 2 games, and played warcraft 3 more than any other game I had ever played up until that point, and was even a very active map maker for it.

Never again.
Reply Quote
There was a saying once bitten twice shy. Its gonna to be super hard to win back hardcore players or fans who left that once love the game because D2 hv given an amazing experience till date and D3 fails so badly to do so after 7 yrs in santuary.
Edited by Xtasis#6192 on 1/27/2013 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure its going to be a purely business decision. bringing people back who don't spend for free is pretty much just going to cost bliz money.

so answer = no.
Reply Quote
i bet my left nut even if expansion costs 199.99 ppl will still buy it.

Diablo 3 is the best game ever.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 07:30 PMPosted by MewMew

bronze.....
Reply Quote
Except...I already put any money I would have put into a Diablo 3 Expansion towards a Silver supporter pack in Path of Exiles. I won't lie. If it was totally free I'd give it a go but feel the play through would still be short lived.
Reply Quote
Money isn't a concern, I'll buy the expansion regardless of the price.

I will NEVER spend another dollar on the "Blizzard" name. I got burned a little on the Cataclysm expansion, and pandas made me quit WoW for good. I got really burned on D3, and SC2 was mediocre at best. The Blizzard name is nothing to me now. I'll only buy an Activision/Blizzard game if its been out a while, people I know love it, and I've had a chance to extensively test it myself. I bought D3 because I played a ton of D2, and I absolutely loved hardcore mode. Once I found out that D3 had a hardcore mode I was in. They couldn't possibly mess this up, right?

I've been fooled twice by the new Blizzard, and never again. I type this with many of my original blizzard games hanging above me on an old CD rack, and I even have the little blizzard blank note pad from the original release of Diablo on the shelf too. I love all the old warcraft 2 games, and played warcraft 3 more than any other game I had ever played up until that point, and was even a very active map maker for it.

Never again.

Preaching the gospel on their forums? Riveting tale, chap.

That saying you're using. I don't think it means what you think it means.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't even touch the Xpac if its free, untill they finish D3 first.
Reply Quote
Hahahahahaha.............

No.

(You know it won't happen man..)
Reply Quote
This will make blood boil, but for a lot of people the expansion will already be free. Easy to have 40 USD in bnet balance ^^.

bronze.....
I bet you have never beat Portal or Kye.

(Have we really come to the situation in which we use players' bad performance in games unrelated to the current game to dismiss their opinions?)
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 1/30/2013 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
lol xpac will cost 2 billion gold then, because thats the cap on AH!
Reply Quote
This will make blood boil, but for a lot of people the expansion will already be free. Easy to have 40 USD in bnet balance ^^.

bronze.....
I bet you have never beat Portal or Kye.

(Have we really come to the situation in which we use players' bad performance in games unrelated to the current game to dismiss their opinions?)

Portal 1 is really really fun, especially those challenge maps. Portal 2, while pretty damn funny, contains less challenge.
Reply Quote
Behold! I am the reaper of threads of relevancy!
Reply Quote
View profile
01/27/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Shylowblade
I say this, because there is a possibility that more people who quit would come back to the game.

It would probably be more beneficial for them if they didn't. The active service that Blizzard provides for Diablo3 is server maintenance.

If there are fewer players, there is less maintenance and fewer servers that they have to have on-hand and running.

They already got tons of money from the initial purchase.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]