Diablo® III

Legendary Farming in MP10

Now that my gear and skills are up to it, I've been farming the last several days exclusively in MP10 (solo or with a party) and I notice a very significant increase in drop rate for legendaries. I always get at least 2 legendaries in an hour of playing. :-)

Any tips/suggestions on how/where to farm better or is this the best way to do it?
Edited by MasterPUA#6728 on 1/28/2013 12:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
MP7-8, get 5 stacks in Core/Tower1/Cursed1 and run Keeps2>3 and fields, it gives me 2-4 in an hour. this run is short and keeps and fields monster density is high.

Mp10 is just not efficient 'cause getting 5 stacks take a while but with 500+ MF/GF legs have more chances in dropping.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 1/27/2013 11:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll try that. Dumb me. I never bothered with stacking NV5 before hitting Keeps 2, 3 and Fields. lol. Thanks bro.
Edited by MasterPUA#6728 on 1/28/2013 1:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
MP10 farm is inefficient for 99.9% of the playerbase. Bonus item drop does matter but if it takes you 30min to do 1 mp10 alk run, you kill much fewer monsters vs 3 runs in the same time at mp6 or 7.

MP6 is my sweet spot but I sacrifice a little bit of run time to do mp7 for the bonus item drop. This costs me a minute or two in run time. If I had a bit more sustain/ehp, I would probably do mp8 at the cost a few more minutes.
Reply Quote
How much dmg should one have to farm let's say mp7 efficiently?
Walked into this post and tryed to farm mp7 well i can handle it but it takes ages with my ~140k dmg (buffed)... I checked MasterPUA stats and it shows like ~120k i guess u are near the 200k buffed?
Reply Quote
I do MP8 - I think MP10 has a bit too much health to be efficient - but even at MP8 I see significantly more Legs than I did at MP5-6. The difference is definitely noticeable.
Reply Quote
How much dmg should one have to farm let's say mp7 efficiently?
Walked into this post and tryed to farm mp7 well i can handle it but it takes ages with my ~140k dmg (buffed)... I checked MasterPUA stats and it shows like ~120k i guess u are near the 200k buffed?

I am a ww barb which means that paper dps is not a good representation of my tDPS. I've been able to optimize my build to hit the 26 tps breakpoint evenly on both weapons. My IK 5 set also allows me to achieve permawrath so it's very efficient.

What class and build are you using?
Edited by MasterPUA#6728 on 1/28/2013 7:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
same :) i don't know how i just went to us.battlenet... it shows my us profile here.. i play on EU servers.. i'm also the ww barb
Reply Quote
I agree, when i farm MP7-8 is definetly efficient for legendary farming, just not for exp. Its a shame because i like farming there, but next patch will be better.
Reply Quote
Tried MP8 earlier and it is faster and the drops are almost just as much (the quality is still mediocre though. lol) so it means more kills and more experience compared to MP10. :-)
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 12:53 AMPosted by MasterPUA
I'll try that. Dumb me. I never bothered with stacking NV5 before hitting Keeps 2, 3 and Fields. lol. Thanks bro

lol, in mp8 and 5 stacks i get to around 545% MF/GF and it sure helps get my chances higher to have one drop. but if rng doesn't go my way, i take my chances in mp10 just to get my "leg fix" since its hard to me to leave the game without one. guess this a sign that im addicted to the game.

da@#$ u blizz!
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 1/28/2013 10:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 10:14 PMPosted by RazorX
I'll try that. Dumb me. I never bothered with stacking NV5 before hitting Keeps 2, 3 and Fields. lol. Thanks bro

lol, in mp8 and 5 stacks i get to around 545% MF/GF and it sure helps get my chances higher to have one drop. but if rng doesn't go my way, i take my chances in mp10 just to get my "leg fix" since its hard to me to leave the game without one. guess this a sign that im addicted to the game.

da@#$ u blizz!

Same here! I don't stop farming until I see at least one legendary drop. And when it does, I go for another few more minutes just in case another is going to drop soon after (sometimes they do drop in short time intervals. lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]