Diablo® III

loot alert?

(Locked)

Who has been banned from using this program? I could care less if you "HEARD" someone did or did not. I would like to hear from people who claim they were banned fro musing this program.
no one will get banned for using loot alert. people that tell you that are retarded. it doesnt affect the game in anyway and wont get you banned
Blizzard Employee
Third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out this blog post for further information.
I knew it would come one day that Loot Alert would be ban-able...Its not needed now as much as it was
03/04/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]blog post[/url] for further information.

So mutliboxing is Bannable?Seeing how it is a 3rd party software program allowing control over 4 character's with one mouse and keyboard.
Third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]blog post[/url] for further information.

So using a timer to keep track of my farming - and using a calculator app to keep track of my legendary per hour rate is a bannable offense?

I don't use the loot alert program, but I am familiar with it.

The loot alert program is no different. And unless someone outright tells you they are using it you can't detect it. There is no memory injection, only reading, and warden can not look at running processes, it can only detect memory injections.

However, "third-party software" also refers to any file or program that attempts to:

Obtain information about Diablo III that's not normally available to the player

Transmit or modify the Diablo III game files

Provide access to features or abilities beyond what is allowed by the game's design

Change how Diablo III interacts with Battle.net

Loot alert does none of that, and is what is stated in the blog you pointed to.
If you want to be all super technical and talk like a lawyer, then yes, technically you can use third party software. You can use microsoft word to write about your time in sanctuary, you can use excel to enter and track your buys and sell on the AH, and you can use multiboxing. What they never allow is software that modifies how their game functions. Multiboxing "hacks" your keyboard and monitor,it does not hack their game though.
03/04/2013 05:46 PMPosted by George

Obtain information about Diablo III that's not normally available to the playe

So, loot alert can be banned.
MVP
View profile

So using a timer to keep track of my farming - and using a calculator app to keep track of my legendary per hour rate is a bannable offense?

I don't use the loot alert program, but I am familiar with it.

The loot alert program is no different. And unless someone outright tells you they are using it you can't detect it. There is no memory injection, only reading, and warden can not look at running processes, it can only detect memory injections.

However, "third-party software" also refers to any file or program that attempts to:

Obtain information about Diablo III that's not normally available to the player

Transmit or modify the Diablo III game files

Provide access to features or abilities beyond what is allowed by the game's design

Change how Diablo III interacts with Battle.net

The program may not read any part of RAM that is reserved for the d3 process.
03/04/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Dedmnwlkn
So mutliboxing is Bannable?

No.

No.

The loot alert program is no different.

You can use a timer or calculator on your phone and they'll both serve you just as well. This is generally true of things which don't interact with the game and thus are permitted by Blizzard. Just a general rule-of-thumb.

And unless someone outright tells you they are using it you can't detect it.

The program will, obviously, be using your RAM.

Thus, Blizzard can indeed detect it.
I saw loot alert thingy in that multiboxing stream of four monks somewhere.

So, I wonder if that guy got banned or not.
It would be awesome if someone from Blizzard would outright say "loot alert will get you banned" but if it won't, say it won't.
You wont get banned, hence noone says they got.
03/04/2013 05:45 PMPosted by phoenixskank

But Jay said Dark D3 was ok. You guys really need to get your !@#$ together and your story straight.

Seriously. Multiboxing, which directly changes the game experience, is just fine. But something that complies with all the rules (says George anyway, I've little reason to dare try anything because I'd rather not risk it) is bannable.

Don't rely on any of your coworkers for an alibi, because apparently ya'll can't all get a single story and stick to it. (Other than "We work for Blizzard.")
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Blizzard's rules on third-party software are pretty straightforward.

[You will not] Use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game to store information;

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html

The program in question reads memory to determine when a drop has occurred. Therefore, it's against the rules.

Multiboxing is different, and is addressed here:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768#15

And here:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768?page=2#25
deleted
Edited by vnRenshi#1880 on 3/4/2013 6:36 PM PST
Inigo and Pokey would be in real trouble then, farming is gonna get a whole lot harder for them if they aren't allowed to use loot alert.... the only reason they are able to find 200 legendaries in 3 days is because they hear the little alert "legendary" and are able to switch and pick it up... otherwise I would doubt they would even bother switching after every elite mob kill to check to see if anything dropped...
View profile
03/04/2013 05:45 PMPosted by phoenixskank
But Jay said Dark D3 was ok.
Yah but Jay's not around anymore.

How about marco program that was provide by Mouse. I bought this mouse "SteelSeries Diablo III Gaming Mouse" and they come with marco program. Does it bannable or not?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]