Diablo® III

Which skills scale with dps and which scale with dmg?

Basically like the title says. Does anyone know of a chart, or can make a list from memory, of which skills scale with dps and which only scale with weapon damage.

For example, if I cast blizzard, will it do 210% of my weapon damage, or 210% of my dps?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Does anyone have a list of proc coefficients for various skills?
Reply Quote
OK, so if it isn't channeled or rapid fire skills then it scales strictly with weapon damage? That seems like a simple rule to remember. But what about things like Summons or hydra or the turret. Are they dps or damage?
Reply Quote
So then why would you, if you're a caster or summoner, go with dual wield rather than a 2-hander? (I could see and understand the merits of a shield) The 1-handers do significantly less damage, and even if you use a channeled spell the two hander is better for the cost.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:16 PMPosted by swanghard
So then why would you, if you're a caster or summoner, go with dual wield rather than a 2-hander? (I could see and understand the merits of a shield) The 1-handers do significantly less damage, and even if you use a channeled spell the two hander is better for the cost.

Attack speed.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:13 PMPosted by DOWNFALL
OK, so if it isn't channeled or rapid fire skills then it scales strictly with weapon damage? That seems like a simple rule to remember. But what about things like Summons or hydra or the turret. Are they dps or damage?

damage. attack speed just makes you summon em faster.

no, test it for yourself. Attack speed buffs hydra damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]