Diablo® III

The M: To-Do List, January 26–27

In an effort to get my spreadsheet (the aforementioned "M") out to everybody in half-decent shape before the end of the weekend, I'm making a list of what I need to do.
  • Touch up the instructions I've previously sent to someone else.
  • Post it to Google Docs if it's not too much trouble.

Already done:
  • Add a 1.0.6 play-around column back to the DPS worksheet. (I recently changed it to a PTR comparison column because I was tired of calculating PTR numbers by hand.)
  • Add a PTR play-around column to the spreadsheet, so you can see what your current gear would look like on the PTR and figure out how changes would affect you.
  • Delete the now-incomplete AWD, DEX, AS, IAS, CHC, and CHD columns on the DPS worksheet. (I plan to add them back at a later date.)
  • Add Movement Speed to the Weapons worksheet (damn Hundredth Spear).
  • Add a column for set bonuses to the Armor worksheet.
  • Add Life per Kill to the Armor worksheet and the individual-pieces-of-armor worksheets.
  • Add cell-selection toolltips to each field that allows data entry.

I'll be updating this thread as I knock items off the list. Once they're all done, I'll consider it ready for reasonable consumption.
Edited by Vrkhyz#1472 on 1/28/2013 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
I added a 1.0.6 scratchpad column to the DPS worksheet, and I deleted the incomplete AWD, DEX, AS, IAS, CHC, and CHD columns.
Reply Quote
I added a PTR scratchpad column to the DPS worksheet. It allows you to mess around with your PTR numbers and see how they'll affect your PTR EDPS.
Reply Quote
I added Movement Speed to the Weapons worksheet. The impetus was using DS to bug myself into the floor just before I was going to five-stack Siegebreaker :-\
Reply Quote
I added a column for set bonuses to the Armor worksheet. For those of you who already have a copy, this is where you'll record all your set bonuses, rather than append them to the items themselves. It's column O in this picture:

http://imgur.com/DIMRWPw
Reply Quote
I added Life per Kill to the Armor worksheet and the individual worksheets, after which I tested it. Seems to be working as intended. I'm mulling over a couple macro buttons to copy current gear to the test columns on the DPS worksheet. Shouldn't take long, and has less room for error.
Reply Quote
Have you put any thought into automatically populating the spreadsheet with the data from the profile?
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:18 AMPosted by KamelJabber
Have you put any thought into automatically populating the spreadsheet with the data from the profile?

No, because I haven't the foggiest idea how to do it :)
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Vrkhyz

No, because I haven't the foggiest idea how to do it :)

I know how but I'm Uber Lazy :(
Do you think it would be a worthwhile addition?
Reply Quote
It would be fantastic, actually. Something for you to play with on your copy, perhaps.

I added the "Copy" buttons for 1.0.6 and PTR data. I also added a bunch of blank comments and some blanket instructions for the Weapons worksheet, the Armor worksheet, and the individual armor sheets. So I just need to get it posted. That'll have to wait until after the hockey game and the dinner party, though.
Reply Quote
It would be fantastic, actually. Something for you to play with on your copy, perhaps.

I added the "Copy" buttons for 1.0.6 and PTR data. I also added a bunch of blank comments and some blanket instructions for the Weapons worksheet, the Armor worksheet, and the individual armor sheets. So I just need to get it posted. That'll have to wait until after the hockey game and the dinner party, though.
;

Oh boy, it's going to take every ounce of motivation to get myself to do it. Yes, I am that lazy; and yes, it's a very bad habit :((

I have one requirement for it to work. You CAN NOT change the layout of the columns and rows. Based on what I saw
a) they will never change anyway
b) i may be able to simply use the named ranges and it won't be an issue, since you did a fabulous job of naming everything!
Reply Quote
+1 to V and KJ!
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Fitz
+1 to V and KJ!

I HATE VBA, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Reply Quote
OK, i started the process...Nobody get too excited I have a long way to go!
It took more time to capture the video than it did to write the code!

I didn't realize FRAPS does not don't capture the desktop with Windows 8. DUH, of course it can't! I started to download a screen recorder then I just said, EFF IT, i'll do it with my phone.

So far I got it importing your characters into the spreadsheet

lmao, what a horrible quality video...idc, I was trying to record and mouse click and i only have two hands! OH well, it was quick and dirty and I have to go :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s7uECxquHk
Reply Quote
I couldn't see what you were doing, but you were doing, and that is appreciated!

:D
Reply Quote
I will check this when I get downstairs after my older one falls asleep. For now, I will simply check my enthusiasm :)
Reply Quote
UPDATE: I have fully completed loading the list of your characters from your profile into the spreadsheet.
I have also completed the code to properly select your character.

This includes formatting for your hardcore characters, level and paragon.

Here is a screenshot: http://imgur.com/KYM20lV

I didn't really have anytime to work on this today so that is as far as I got. I just got back from my son's TKD and right now my daughter wants to read me a story...

I'll get back on in a bit
Reply Quote
Oooh! Cool. I can't tell whether the info is being pulled into the right worksheets, though. I think the real DPS number got blown out on the DPS worksheet and the Snapshot worksheet, as I didn't see them in the video. But we can talk here or in-game. Overall, though, this looks like a fantastic feature! Thanks a bunch!
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
Oooh! Cool. I can't tell whether the info is being pulled into the right worksheets, though. I think the real DPS number got blown out on the DPS worksheet and the Snapshot worksheet, as I didn't see them in the video. But we can talk here or in-game. Overall, though, this looks like a fantastic feature! Thanks a bunch!

I have not programmed it to pull the data into the worksheets.
The way it works as of the previous update is.
1.) Type in your battle tag
2.) Click on the button "Get Characters"
3.) Select hero from drop down list

That's all it did up to the previous update. It will show you your list of heroes. The hero display will have: class, name, level, paragon. As can be seen by screenshot: http://imgur.com/KYM20lV

UPDATE: I know succesfully programmed and called the get hero details api. Once you select a hero it will show you summary details of the hero you selected. This summary info is directly from blizzard.
This can be seen by screenshot: http://imgur.com/Rgr4HRp

NEXT: Program "Load Character" button. This part is the heavy lifting. This button will actually load all item data into your worksheets.
Reply Quote
My spreadsheet seems to think it has a link to another file, but I can't seem to find that link. I'll likely review/rework the DPS worksheet tomorrow during my lunch break. But we're very close to release!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]