Diablo® III

Death due to in-game issue

90 Goblin Shaman
Hello all,
I literally just sank 70m gold into my HC character, go to fight my first elite pack and my hero is "stuck". The affixes were electrified, fire chains and reflect damage (Not freeze, jailer nor waller) so there is no reason I should have been stuck in place. I had to sit there and watch my guy slowly die because I could not move my character no matter what I tried. Every time I left clicked to move, it would cast my left click spell as if "shift" was pressed. I spoke to a GM about this and he informed me that it is a known issue and "tough luck". I don't see why blizzard is so stubborn on their character restore/fixes when a death occurs because of something faulty with their game. I tried to see if they could use one of my two restores from an account compromise, and they said no because they need to be saved for that circumstance (yet I have not and probably wont be compromised). Its very frustrating especially considering I got nothing out of the character after sinking all my gold into him. Blizzard needs to change this policy to help people on HC who get screwed over by the game, not their own stupidity or faults.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Since you didn't post with your Diablo 3 profile I'm going to assume you either were a barb or a monk. Dashing Strike with the monk can cause you to get frozen in place but you cannot die. Well unless you try to free yourself from the bugged state using SSS. For barb Furious Charge has the ability to get bugged and I thought it was just like the DS bug in which you can't die.

I have personally lost a monk due to a in-game bug with detailed screenshots and information but they do not restore characters for any reason. RIP.. but you basically have two choices either you move on with your HC career or there is always softcore.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I was a witch doctor
Reply Quote
This part

01/27/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Skallagrímss
Every time I left clicked to move, it would cast my left click spell as if "shift" was pressed

leads me to believe that it was a hit box issue. I.e. a lot of targets with wide hit boxes were scattered, and every time you tried to move on ground, it was within the hit box of a target, so your left click spell cast instead.

I have a special move button just for that, "r". It's easy to remember because "R" was the toggle between walk and run in D2, so it was also a button that you used for movement.

The issue in this game is the hit boxes, and it's just something you have to work around. I do it with the "R" button, or I meticulously try to find open ground to click on. I got good at it, so I can do it in emergency situations.

But the moral is that it's game mechanics that killed you. Not a bug, not lag, etc. It's something that's annoying, I agree, and that they should change (make the hit boxes clearer). But if they are going to restore any character for any reason (which I hope they don't), it sure as hell shouldn't be for this.

Anyway, RIP man.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Nope, it was just a phase beast elite pack in arreat crater 1. Wide open space, trust me it was an issue with the gameplay
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Skallagrímss
I literally just sank 70m gold into my HC character, go to fight my first elite pack and my hero is "stuck". The affixes were electrified, fire chains and reflect damage

You died on a char with 70m gold to an elite with 3 affix. So, you died in Hell mode"?
Reply Quote
"Players should no longer play a flinching animation (causing them to briefly lose control of their character) if they are hit by multiple monsters at the same time"

It's in the 1.07 patch notes, so they are going to fix it (I realise that this is of little comfort). I also suspect that it plays a causal role for getting stuck using Dashing Strike/Charge.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 06:35 PMPosted by ChillBill
"Players should no longer play a flinching animation (causing them to briefly lose control of their character) if they are hit by multiple monsters at the same time"

I liked this. Although, I liked "flinching" in D2 a lot better. Along with Faster Hit Recovery items.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
No those are just the 3 affixes I remember, the 4th was useless like extra health or something
Reply Quote
Just lost my demon hunter 60+5 levels of paragon to the same stupid !@#$ could not vault and got stuck to 6 golgors and cant do anything about this damn hit box issue and i cant even get a re roll and blizzard knows this issue the elite pack had "desocrator,vortex,molten,fast"
Reply Quote
Only softcore players still don't have a force-move keybind. There have been so many softcore players rolling and converting hardcore gold since 1.05 made the game so, so easy. I guess I can see the logic behind it. but please stop with these whine threads.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149007666

But I digress...

Sometimes your shift key can get stuck (even though it is in the up position on your keyboard) which makes your left click keep attacking. I use caps lock instead of shift to hold position and it gets stuck all the time. Sometimes the hitboxes like bottle said also cause you to stand there attacking instead of moving, because you click on them on accident. But none of that even matters, whatever the reason. Take the death as a lesson. Start using your force-move keybind like every hardcore player from 1.02 and 1.03 learned early on. When you need to fking move and want zero risk of stopping to attack, you use your force-move key.

I find W is the easiest because it is like WASD FPS forward movement and it is also closest to Q, the default potion bind.
Edited by Bnetplayer#11398 on 1/29/2013 2:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
I use the space bar, hard to miss and my thumb is always resting on it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]