Diablo® III

The inflation is out of control.

Sadly I have stopped playing SC all togheter. And the more Dupes I see in the HC Auction house and the more I'm wondering if We are the one faulty or Blizzard.

In the end, most people will spend cash to buy gold, a lot of my friends already did; and this is bad because people who refuse are done with the game after a point.

In fact based from my observation, to upgrade my P75 wizard to something like 250k unbuffed dps, I would need to spend 1000$ maybe more in gold transaction. This is ridiculous...
Reply Quote
Inflation will be controlled when everyone stops playing.
Reply Quote
inflation/bots/dupes would be conteolled if no one used the rmah as your friends have
Reply Quote
I have been playing diablo 3, 100% Legit. I have not used any real money to gain an advantage and i am doing perfectly fine. I have earned around 2 billion gold from picking up gold and selling items in the auction house. I am currently working on saving up 1 billion gold that i will use for a pvp character ones pvp is stable 1-2 months after release of 1.07 patch and im past half way towards my goal of saving 1 billion gold :)
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 1/28/2013 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
you seem to be conflating ideas here.

dupes = item prices are lowered, simply because supply of top tier gear is increased.

gold inflation = the availability of gold is increased or the value of gold is decreased. (botter issue)
Reply Quote
Yes Christ, but then, when you have near godly duped item available for X amount of gold. All the other items are now worth !@#$.

This help contribute to the inflation because we won't be making gold from sale like previously.

And btw, "those friends of mine". I don't play with them anymore. I have a definition of fun in my head, and injecting money to get gold, to bypass normal progress is not my thing.
Edited by Kelmort#1104 on 1/28/2013 7:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Duping reduces inflation.
As long as Blizzard allows this to continue things will be okay.

It's botting that pushes items into the 100's of millions and billions over time.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Kelmort
Yes Christ, but then, when you have near godly duped item available for X amount of gold. All the other items are now worth !@#$.

As much as I'm sure you would like to believe this, duping is not so widespread that every player in the game can afford godly gear. Mid tier items are still worth gold- trust me, I've made good money selling such items for the past few months.

01/28/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Kelmort
And btw, "those friends of mine". I don't play with them anymore. I have a definition of fun in my head, and injecting money to get gold, to bypass normal progress is not my thing.

No one is making you pay money to enjoy the game. It's still very possible to progress through the game not using the AH at all. The AH, both gold and real money, are just there to support those transactions if you wish to partake in them.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 07:11 AMPosted by babinro
It's botting that pushes items into the 100's of millions and billions over time.
Even this is arguable. Bots used to farm gold only, now they farm items as well.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 07:25 AMPosted by Elexar
Even this is arguable. Bots used to farm gold only, now they farm items as well.

I'll agree with that.
It's fair to say their actions still cause more harm than good though.
Reply Quote

This help contribute to the inflation because we won't be making gold from sale like previously.

what does it matter to you what they're worth? you said yourself injecting money to get gold isn't fun to you. so why feed into their addiction and try to sell anything? there is absolutely nothing wrong with spending some money in the ah. if everyone sells and no one buys, who are you selling to? economy is mote dead than ever at that point, even if gold was the only thing that could be bought with real money. you're not bypassing any progress, you're just focusing on a particular area of your character. i won't lie, i had such terrible luck for 5 or so months playing this game. got 2 $20 bnet balance cards and i may not have gotten in on gold when it was cheap, but i managed to work it into some decent upgraded gear and upped some gems. now i'm finding multiple legendaries a day, sometimes set pieces too. i enjoy the game more than probably every single person here who is complaining about the game or drops, or people using real money. you don't have to pay to win either, only if you wish to further progress. you can finish inferno a4 mp0 without spending a dime.
Reply Quote

what does it matter to you what they're worth? you said yourself injecting money to get gold isn't fun to you. so why feed into their addiction and try to sell anything? there is absolutely nothing wrong with spending some money in the ah. if everyone sells and no one buys, who are you selling to? economy is mote dead than ever at that point, even if gold was the only thing that could be bought with real money. you're not bypassing any progress, you're just focusing on a particular area of your character. i won't lie, i had such terrible luck for 5 or so months playing this game. got 2 $20 bnet balance cards and i may not have gotten in on gold when it was cheap, but i managed to work it into some decent upgraded gear and upped some gems. now i'm finding multiple legendaries a day, sometimes set pieces too. i enjoy the game more than probably every single person here who is complaining about the game or drops, or people using real money. you don't have to pay to win either, only if you wish to further progress. you can finish inferno a4 mp0 without spending a dime.

Maybe it's have something to do with, im the kind of player that like ladder, that like to rank higher, that need to see where my place is in the foodchain.

And while I have done everything you mention (minus the b.net balance thing), it's seem like you have not hitted the wall yet. Gormok post resume pretty much how I feel about this right now.

Soo yeah, if we don't take the inflation problem into consideration. I believe my problem is that Luck < Money.

Edit: Found 4 drops on my p75 Wizard
1- IK chest I traded for a witching hour
2- Second, an IK chest: on my sc barb.
3- Mempo double resist with dex. 26 millions.
4- Nat's boots with high dex, 40m.
Edited by Kelmort#1104 on 1/28/2013 8:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
I NEVER bought anything with money in this game...

of course i dont have the best gear, but my gear is allright, all together i paid around 750mil, of course u need some luck to get 750mil and u need some time too.

the important thing is , u have to know what to buy, remember when everybody wants ias (before the nerf). it was the nr. 1 stat to get. i always try to find a cheaper way, so i bought str and crit items, then there was a time everyone wants LOH, i never used dat too.
now everybody wants crit mempo, crit lacuni and 1 hand weapons( 1 piece of dat is more worth than all of my gear)

my skorn was 220mil

be patient, sometimes i was lookin at prizes fpr 6 weeks before i bought the piece( my gloves for example )

just play the game, dont bother with other people , and their gear, build ur own !@#$ man
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 07:25 AMPosted by Elexar

godly items are so rare to find even if bots do farm items the prices are still artificially high because of all the botted gold available.
Reply Quote
you seem to be conflating ideas here.

dupes = item prices are lowered, simply because supply of top tier gear is increased.

gold inflation = the availability of gold is increased or the value of gold is decreased. (botter issue)

You expect too much from this community to understand such complex concepts.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 1/28/2013 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
In fact based from my observation, to upgrade my P75 wizard to something like 250k unbuffed dps, I would need to spend 1000$ maybe more in gold transaction. This is ridiculous...

Why is it ridiculous? 250k unbuffed dps is an insane amount of dps. Why shouldn't such insane amounts of DPS require comparably insane amounts of gold?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]