Diablo® III

Need some serious advice on dueling barbs.

FrozenArrow I'll add you in game.. you sound so confident.. I highly doubt with your current gear setup you would defeat the barbs I'm talking about, still yet to see a DH that can step up and get the job done but maybe you could prove me wrong.
Reply Quote
For the average and maybe some well geared barb this is true. But when I dueled with the few elite barbs, I say WF lacks the punching power to penetrate their uber defense. Hopefully bow will get some buff or we can develop a new strat against top tier barbs. Until then, WF has no shot with the heavyweight barbs on 1v1 just yet. For the rest of the class WF is doing fine.

I can't agree to your opposition of WF punching power. I'd say it is still strong.
WF is not about one or two shotting barbarians. It's about distance and having them permanently immobilized by the constant knock backs until they're shoved to the end of the wall. You say 'well geared barb' and I assume barbs being worth at least 6 billion?
Yes, they are not that hard to kill. They complained about WF being too 'op' and I feel great about Wind Force toying with their movement directions as well as high 'punching power.'
Wind Force has high defensive mechanism yet maintain a role of high dps.

The thing I don't understand is Bola stuns. Why the heck would you use bola stun and trap on barbarians? Wind Force will knock even before they land on spike traps ! More likely with Calamity and not Wind Force.

Bola stun as a low proc to kb compare to HA, esp. CA. You can still get a few explosion from eb before they are kb. Again it is still theory crafting. I did not say omg check my strategy, totally nails all barbs! Why jump in and sound like mr know it all?

And regarding WF against top tier barbs? meh I will skip the chitchat argument here.

Ill add you in game. Beat 1 out of the 3 barbs I will let you duel then you proved your point. want to see that big talk put into action.
ThePwet#6321
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 1/29/2013 2:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
[ThePwet]"Bola stun as a low proc to kb. You can still get a few explosion from eb before they are kb. Again it is still theory crafting. I did not say omg check my strategy, totally nails all barbs! Why jump in and sound like mr know it all? And regarding WF against top tier barbs? meh I will skip the chitchat argument here.Ill add you in game. Beat 1 out of the 3 barbs I will let you duel then you proved your point. want to see that big talk put into action.ThePwet#6321"

I've already sent this guy a friend request just waiting for him to accept it. Doesn't seem like he understands what I meant by "high tier barb" but still maybe he has what it takes to beat them.. we'll see.
Edited by Juni#1635 on 1/29/2013 2:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've already sent this guy a friend request just waiting for him to accept it. Doesn't seem like he understands what I meant by "high tier barb" but still maybe he has what it takes to beat them.. we'll see.

I got a strong feeling he doesnt know what kind of barb we are talking about.
Reply Quote
Haha let me know how it plays out! I got some good barbs on my list as well if he somehow manages to win.
Reply Quote
I've already sent this guy a friend request just waiting for him to accept it. Doesn't seem like he understands what I meant by "high tier barb" but still maybe he has what it takes to beat them.. we'll see.I got a strong feeling he doesnt know what kind of barb we are talking about.

well result just came in frozen went 0-9 against the barb I set up. He did put up a couple good matches but just like I said couldn't deliever that killing blow as the barb would just take cover and regen all his life back within couple seconds.. but anyone else wanna try?
Reply Quote
So judging from experience and hearing other people talk, you need to be doing sustained damage. Spike damage isn't that effective as they face tank everything, regen life in seconds as you kite and slows don't really work on sprint at all. So in other words ur screwed as all it takes is one rend and ur done.

Also Juni, isn't the boar just free life steal for them?
Reply Quote
No saturn life steals hardly even take effect in pvp especially against ranges. Most of these barbs don't even have any life leech gear, maybe a few with ik belt for 2.7-3% but alot of them just wear witching anyway. I also have high roll legacy nat gear which then I don't pop boar at all but it doesn't matter.. its just a difference of how YOU die in the end. Unless you got every equipped slot with perfect roll of 2billion worth gears to 1 shot these barbs to death at the current state of pvp I just don't think a dh has a legitimate chance of beating a same lvl of barb at a 1 on 1 duel.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 11:55 PMPosted by FrozenArrow
For the average and maybe some well geared barb this is true. But when I dueled with the few elite barbs, I say WF lacks the punching power to penetrate their uber defense. Hopefully bow will get some buff or we can develop a new strat against top tier barbs. Until then, WF has no shot with the heavyweight barbs on 1v1 just yet. For the rest of the class WF is doing fine.

I can't agree to your opposition of WF punching power. I'd say it is still strong.
WF is not about one or two shotting barbarians. It's about distance and having them permanently immobilized by the constant knock backs until they're shoved to the end of the wall. You say 'well geared barb' and I assume barbs being worth at least 6 billion?
Yes, they are not that hard to kill. They complained about WF being too 'op' and I feel great about Wind Force toying with their movement directions as well as high 'punching power.'
Wind Force has high defensive mechanism yet maintain a role of high dps.

The thing I don't understand is Bola stuns. Why the heck would you use bola stun and trap on barbarians? Wind Force will knock even before they land on spike traps ! More likely with Calamity and not Wind Force.

01/29/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Juni
well result just came in frozen went 0-9 against the barb I set up.

And there you go.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 1/29/2013 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Saturn
Also Juni, isn't the boar just free life steal for them?

I think they will attack boar for fury regen purposes. I only use boar when going up against a DH coz it acts like a meat shield against impale and HA.

01/29/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Juni
Unless you got every equipped slot with perfect roll of 2billion worth gears to 1 shot these barbs to death at the current state of pvp I just don't think a dh has a legitimate chance of beating a same lvl of barb at a 1 on 1 duel.

You must have a very high ehp to survive rend, abundant disc for chasing a low health barb or staying away from an offense. And a decent dps to down their enormous ehp. Yep, sounds like a billion budget to do so. hehe

Well it is just the ptr, we can still wait for the final changes when the new patch hits live.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 1/29/2013 4:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
yea lets hope so b/c I give up. NO BARBS I WILL not DUEL YOU!
Reply Quote
Haha. I started stacking physical res. Had it on ammy and ring just by chance already, so now belt and gloves also.
Reply Quote
Have you considered Spike Traps Scatter? When the barb goes to hide behind a wall while his Ignore Pain is on cooldown, put Spike Traps on one exit and charge in on the other. The way that Scatter is arranged, you might be able to get one under him when he's hiding behind the tomb at the bottom. You may even be able to hide traps behind walls where he won't see before it's too late. With Custom Engineering, you could lay traps and Sentries all over place to keep up the pressure. Traps are essentially stored hatred and could help with your burst.

And I still think Multishot Fire At Will would be worth investigating to determine whether it fires through walls. Apparently the Witch Doctor's Spirit Barrage flies over walls and is becoming more of a problem for barbs than Haunt.
Reply Quote
Here's another idea. Caltrops Tortuous Ground and Spike Trap Echoing Blast along with Custom Engineering. Put the Caltrops and Spike Trap on the same spot so that the barb is rooted for all 3 blasts. Hide them behind walls.
Reply Quote
I can't say anything about how well it will work for this particular barb, I'm only speaking of what works relatively better than impale for me.

I really don't get LfB. It does less damage, costs more, requires more gear/skills than Impale: Chemical Burn. The CA rune to use is Shooting Stars. It does a total of 750% damage. Other than that, the same gear and skills as usual, except you want bat and -20 CA cost.

This probably works better with lower attack speed. If your dps is based a lot on fast attack speed, it's hatred inefficient.

Fatum: traps doesn't work against barbs like this, you need heavy burst damage, can't slowly wear them down. The trap stacking behind wall thing can only work once or twice, then the enemy learns to avoid it.
Edited by Josef#1907 on 1/29/2013 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Glitz
Haha. I started stacking physical res. Had it on ammy and ring just by chance already, so now belt and gloves also.

bro, next thing u know u will be stacking %block with shields and lanterns and on a full nat leg, now that will be a tough dh to kill not sure where the dps will end up thoug, probably 150-200
Reply Quote
Im really having trouble dueling monks, they kill me in one hit and take little damage, any advice?
Reply Quote
You just gotta time your ss when they unleash seven side on you.. if you can obtain legacy nat monks aren't hard just keep vaulting away from them, fire impale chemical burn and watch them bleed. You can make it even more safe using caltraps as you vault so even if they dash on you theyre slowed.
Reply Quote
just need to play the "no hit" game just like pre patch inferno ^^
Reply Quote
Can Rend be dodged? If not, then that skill is seriously out of balance considering that much of our EHP comes from dodge. If it currently can't be dodged, it needs the same fix that was made to the wizard's Storm Armor.

Will Shadow Power Gloom mitigate the bleed damage if applied after Rend has hit, or does it only work if Shadow Power is up before you're hit with Rend? Does Smoke Screen stop the bleed damage at least for the duration of Smoke Screen?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]