Diablo® III

Why I play Hardcore

Short and Sweet-

Softcore-

I've got my uber gear on in the keeps, backed up against a wall. Vortex/Arcane/Waller/Frozen, pinning me down and fighting hard. Ah, screw it if I die I just pay a little bit of a repair bill.

Hardcore- (Real life example)

My Witch Doctor buddy and I are running craters - We are on MP 3 and encounter those big fat meatheads - The yellow champ and his minions. We start the fight and I maneuver past them to avoid a frozen ball. I pull another elite pack of those spear throwers (can't think of their name). I am in the middle of the two packs. My buddies SV procs,,,he says run. I spirit walk back in his direction and we both face the packs from the front. We eventually kill them and move on.

Time invested in our characters, gear, paragon levels etc was all on the line - It's like riding a roller coaster. Yes, it's just a game but it's the biggest thrill in a game you'll find.

That's why I play Hardcore.
Reply Quote
good post i like it but i really hope u dont die because of lag or droped connection
Reply Quote
HC is more fun and thrilling for sure. But after losing my 60 wiz I stopped because leveling is so boring the second time around.
Reply Quote
Yeah that's great and all. It's thre reasons I enjoyed punishing games in the past but they'd never just flat out delete your character. That'd be ok if technology was perfect but it is far from it...

What are you going to do the day you simply disconnect and come back dead- or hit a huge lag spike in the middle of a big fight.Or that one Fallen Maniac whose cook timer already started and insta explodes? I have a feeling you're going to be a bit mad that it wasn't your fault.

They should of at least put in some sort of redemption quest to regain your HC character. Whole thing seems like a tacked on mess unfortunately. Sort of like PVP I guess will be.
Reply Quote
so the best HC players don't have lag spikes, rubberbanding, lost connections? maybe the servers for HC are less congested? I am thinking about making HC character, but afraid of technical difficulties killing me
Reply Quote
This stuff happens. If it worries you, don't play Hardcore.
Reply Quote
Holy graveyard, that is hardcore
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 12:01 PMPosted by FromtheAshes
Holy graveyard, that is hardcore

Ya, no one dies in Softcore - just ultimate resurrections. It's why HC players refer to it as "Candyland"
Reply Quote
Kudos to anyone who plays in Hardcore and enjoys it--I can't do that. I don't have the time or the patience to do so.

Hence my only HC character is a Barb and I plan on going Rend/lifesteal as soon as I hit 19.

Why bother? I like achievements, despite them being useless (OO! Banners and Bragging rights! At least WoW chieves sometimes had actual rewards!)

If I die though, I'm probably done.

Again, grats and godspeed to those of you willing to take the challenge for the sake of challenge.
Reply Quote
actually I don't really mind the dying in HC but if I die due to some stupid net lag then I'll be pissed. If HC can be done solo in offline mode I really don't mind keep dying.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/27/2013 10:52 AMPosted by erosinnin
good post i like it but i really hope u dont die because of lag or droped connection

Lag and disconnect deaths seem to be a thing of the past I have rolled server low level(can't get past act 2 nightmare) all my deaths were my fault or playing a pub game everyone leaves. Once that happens either make the game solo or restart a pub game otherwise you get people that join and don't port in right away. Not their fault everyone does it, but your now stuck with a pack whose health just went up.
Reply Quote
Critical error is your biggest worry not lag. usually you can determine lag and get to town. Critical error is restarting your diablo waiting that 5 minutes to reboot and log back in to see your guy is in white smoke
Reply Quote
Time invested in our characters, gear, paragon levels etc was all on the line - It's like riding a roller coaster. Yes, it's just a game but it's the biggest thrill in a game you'll find.

That's why I play Hardcore.

I like this but there's only one problem.
01/27/2013 10:52 AMPosted by erosinnin
Reply Quote
View profile
sounds like fun man but my isp just shuts my connection down a lot. like 1/4 of my farm sessions get a dc.:(

As you can see I love defense so I think hardcore would be right up my ally if i could have stability.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/28/2013 2:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
I see you have a lot of dead monks :(
It gives more excitement that is true. SC is what made people think that this game is too easy, fast gold farming etc. Real thing lies within HC with little less auctions and little more of everything else. I lost 2 of my monks due the DC. Recently experiencing DC and lag but only on HC but keep dodging death. I dunno what is wrong but it ain't me. Anyone else here having same probs? Thumbs up for effort.

Cheers from EU

-Hybrid
Reply Quote
While I tend to agree that HC is not for everyone you can minimize the deaths with certain precautions that work 'most' of the time. Stock a lot of vit and life regeneration and it greatly helps keeping you alive even if you DC.

I'm on NM currently on my third try and my SC characters are gonna take a backseat for a long while.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]