Diablo® III

Why I play Hardcore

Short and sweet -

Softcore -

I can actually play this game with my friends.

Hardcore -

Every time I die I get to play sub-60 D3.

Sub-60 D3 sucks.
Not having more than 12% move speed from gear until you hit Nightmare sucks.
Not having all your skills available to use sucks.
Not facing elites with four affixes sucks.

And I'm supposed to care about the AH differences, as if the prices of everything that's not perfect isn't deflated to nothing in SC?
And I'm supposed to be happy about finding blue items that are single digit upgrades on my fourth level 5 Demon Hunter?

So yeah, go ahead HC supporters and tell me how great it is to replay the earliest, slowest, and dullest parts of Diablo 3, over and over again. Oh and be sure to insult me while doing so, because that definitely supports your cause.

Everyone has their own taste. Why insult. Enjoy the game man.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Visionhero
Why insult.

You know what -
01/28/2013 12:11 PMPosted by familia
Still hugging the RMAH? It's okay, you're not "hardcore."

I don't think you should play hardcore, it's not a barbie dress up game like SC.

Try this

http://www.barbie.com/activities/fashion/

don't worry, you won't die in that game either.

01/28/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Charon
Softcore is for botters/gold-farmers, the dumb-dumbs that buy from the botters/gold-farmers, and all the sissies that are too afraid of HC. Oh and the unlucky ones that don't have a reliable internet connection.

That's the same question I have.

Why insult.

Did these posts make you all feel really good? So very special and good?

Come, HC players, let's act superior to these plebes, it gives our lives pleasure and meaning.
Edited by Ammostiel#1897 on 1/30/2013 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
I hope you get DC'd and realize how messed HC is to play
Reply Quote
97 Undead Priest
I have been playing hardcore since day 1. I have never had any softcore characters. I don't understand those people that complain about unstable servers because to be honest, I play almost 7-8 hours + a day and I have never encounter a disconnect due to unstable servers. I have never lost a character due to lag.

I think you guys are just making bad excuses because you simply can't handle hardcore.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Hardcore has the rush that's missing for me in softcore.
Reply Quote
I love Hardcore because I feel like every moment is more engaging. It stinks to lose a hero, but I just remind myself that Diablo is really about killing monsters and that happens whether I am level 5 on normal or level 60 (72) in Inferno. Also, I find the dangers that lie outside of what you can control is part of the hardcore intrigue for me, and can be significantly minimized by careful play-style, spec choices, and gearing.

So you think DCing or getting vote kick PK'd is intriguing? Sounds like a nice company spin on poor design choices.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Grimiku
I love Hardcore because I feel like every moment is more engaging. It stinks to lose a hero, but I just remind myself that Diablo is really about killing monsters and that happens whether I am level 5 on normal or level 60 (72) in Inferno. Also, I find the dangers that lie outside of what you can control is part of the hardcore intrigue for me, and can be significantly minimized by careful play-style, spec choices, and gearing.

I wish Diablo was about getting loot from the monsters you kill and not just killing them :(
Reply Quote
I have been playing hardcore since day 1. I have never had any softcore characters. I don't understand those people that complain about unstable servers because to be honest, I play almost 7-8 hours + a day and I have never encounter a disconnect due to unstable servers. I have never lost a character due to lag.

I think you guys are just making bad excuses because you simply can't handle hardcore.

The D/C and lag is out there. I had it the other day and lost a level 10 Monk. I knew there was lag though and I played on since I was only Level 10. If I would have been on a Level 40 or higher I would have logged off. However I can't say the lag was caused by Blizzard, it was just as likely caused by my ISP.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:17 PMPosted by LSU

So you think DCing or getting vote kick PK'd is intriguing? Sounds like a nice company spin on poor design choices.

Shockingly I bet you a majority of HC players play alone. I have only played HC with one friend just a handful of times.
Reply Quote
I don't think you should play hardcore, it's not a barbie dress up game like SC.

Try this

http://www.barbie.com/activities/fashion/

don't worry, you won't die in that game either.

If you die in HC you lose your pants, as well as other things. If you die in SC you complain to CMs about death timer inconveniencing you, about the long walk of shame through Arreat 2 to resume from the point where you died, but you get to keep your pants.

So the way I see it the difference is in the pants, you either get to keep them on or not. Nothing to be ashamed of, pants are important.
Reply Quote
[quote="78092484917"]

Shockingly I bet you a majority of HC players play alone. I have only played HC with one friend just a handful of times.

I find the community very welcoming. They want to help and are very encouraging.

A post asking for advice in the HC forum results in, shocking, advice. Not troll posts with nothing but L2P.

I started playing HC only a few days ago and it seems all the friends that I had in softcore were just waiting for a friend to join the HC ranks, they all pop in and want to level or help fight bosses or drop off gear to help progress.

I know for the most part I wanted to progress through the story alone, mostly because I didn't want to endanger anyone else. I backtrack and level with friends, helping each other out with gear that we find. But yes I solo a lot. Unlike softcore where it always seems like a 4man blitzkrieg. HC has been in that respect quite relaxing.

Overall it has been a rewarding experience, much l Ike Ubers were when they first came out and we all bonded over the experience of forming teams and developing strategies, we are coming together again in this new challenge.
Reply Quote
[quote]Nothing to be ashamed of, pants are important.

True Dat.
Reply Quote
As you can see from my account, I am just getting into HC and am really enjoying it.

It is a really rush when you can into a serious fight, and it is refreshing to feel you need to plan/prepare before running into the next event/boss fight?

I can't wait to get into inferno!
Reply Quote
just senseless for casual players...

hardcore as its name, for hardcore players, not for the mass
Reply Quote
I jumped in with a DH and did pretty well until I hit level 21 and got whomped by the Key-warden in Act 2. 100% my fault because I was careless, but more-so because I was carrying a SC mentality - glass cannon build with lots of damage (for the level) and poor survivability. Wrong tool for the job.

I'm leveling up a WD now with a the plan to make him very tank-ish but have the pets do all the in-fighting. Not as HC friendly as a Barb, but I've never liked that character.

I plan to sneak up on the Act 2 Key-warden next time and not go all Leeroy Jenkins like I did before.
Reply Quote
I jumped in with a DH and did pretty well until I hit level 21 and got whomped by the Key-warden in Act 2. 100% my fault because I was careless, but more-so because I was carrying a SC mentality - glass cannon build with lots of damage (for the level) and poor survivability. Wrong tool for the job.

I'm leveling up a WD now with a the plan to make him very tank-ish but have the pets do all the in-fighting. Not as HC friendly as a Barb, but I've never liked that character.

I plan to sneak up on the Act 2 Key-warden next time and not go all Leeroy Jenkins like I did before.

LOL goodplan. Watch for creatures that can charge, they will take your WD out in a second. Spirit Vessel Passive can be your friend. :)
Reply Quote
HC is no different than SC; just that your character get deleted when blizz decides to crash the server, or pull out a cable.

I laugh about "HC players" bash on SC players, act like they are any better, its the same crap dudes.
Im not a HC player and did paragon 44 on hc within 50 hours playtime, am i "pro" now? no.

I can't really suggest to play HC because you'll die by anything thats not your fault(like my paragon 40 wizard before, a server crash where few hundred players died, including para9x).

Only reason i play HC is because things actually sells on AH, rare, legendary, whatever. And the funny part is you can exchange the gold to softcore at a ratio like 1:3 up to 1:4, which is hilarious because you make gold easier in hc than in sc.
Reply Quote
Hardcore with self-found items or stuff bought from the AH for 1K gold or less (early lvls).
Gonna do this until lvl 60 then I'll decide if I keep this style or buy real gear with all saved gold.

Lots of fun, patience, farming and fear of DC/lag.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
If you die in HC you lose your pants, as well as other things. If you die in SC you complain to CMs about death timer inconveniencing you, about the long walk of shame through Arreat 2 to resume from the point where you died, but you get to keep your pants.

So the way I see it the difference is in the pants, you either get to keep them on or not. Nothing to be ashamed of, pants are important.

I'm so hardcore I don't even wear pants.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WolfAvatar-1499/hero/25058174
Reply Quote
I can't stand it when the first reply to a thread like this is "Ahh well yeah but lag sucks - no thanks." It's not wise to generalize all hardcore player experiences like everyone suffers from lag in hardcore or gets their panties in a twist when spikes lead to accidents. HC is awesome if you don't have problems with over-identifying with a videogame character or the time spent with one because you can't handle loss/death.

There are numerous HC experiences out there but not everyone is scared of lag or dies from it.
Edited by FloydGA#1282 on 1/31/2013 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]