Diablo® III

Why I play Hardcore

01/31/2013 10:08 AMPosted by familia
Are we supposed to care?

What kind of retarded question is that? If you dont care then don't post.
you=0
Reply Quote
All vandames fellas are dead.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 10:19 AMPosted by familia

What kind of retarded question is that? If you dont care then don't post.
you=0

Welcome to "General Discussion."
I laugh at Softcore players thinking they're Hardcore.

You're not even a hc player, make some sense please.
Reply Quote
I stopped playing HC when my monk progressing through A3 inferno disconnected in molten elite pack and when I logged back in I was dead.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:17 PMPosted by LSU
I love Hardcore because I feel like every moment is more engaging. It stinks to lose a hero, but I just remind myself that Diablo is really about killing monsters and that happens whether I am level 5 on normal or level 60 (72) in Inferno. Also, I find the dangers that lie outside of what you can control is part of the hardcore intrigue for me, and can be significantly minimized by careful play-style, spec choices, and gearing.

So you think DCing or getting vote kick PK'd is intriguing? Sounds like a nice company spin on poor design choices.

Haha I was thinking the same thing when I read this. Trying to spin DCs to sound good, what a joke.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 10:56 AMPosted by familia
I'm curious to hear a better proposition. DII was easily exploited for the automatic disconnect feature and I would rather hardcore be somewhat fair in that regards. What other solution is there? Sever lag is hardly a issue, so the stability is more important on your end.

And I'll add to that, I've never died to DC but I wish my dead archived chars would have died to DC instead of the horrible death that was 100% due to my failure to properly plan, to properly execute, and to keep my cool when things fall apart so quickly that you barely have time to pick an escape route and in panic mode you hit a button for a skill that provides immediate relief but would have saved your life had you waited just a few seconds before reflexively mashing that button. Sigh.

DC deaths are not bad, they let you off the hook by giving you something to blame, something other than your own ability to think quickly and react with precision in times of great stress. Having gotten such an easy death you should not then go brag about the fact that you were once brave but died an inglorious death.

In real life that would be like someone saying they don't want to be in the Special Forces or Navy Seals because those units frequently deploy by helicopter and the helicopter might crash.

RIP Fukyuu
Reply Quote
View profile
I love hardcore as well. Just lost my level 60 Barb 3 days ago and it was to a group similar to what the OP described. I was getting ready to battle one of those tremor guys in the core when 2 elite groups came up behind him, 3 fatties and 3 spear chuckers. I wasn't geared good enough yet to face those odds. Fatties buffed the spear chuckers, fireballs and spears galore and the stupid tremor got the killing blow.... Haha!

Rolling with another barb as my DH and Monk are too squishy for where they are.

Hardcore is great until you die and you feel the finality of it. The loss is real.
Reply Quote
I really enjoy the excitement of hardcore, and the strategy that goes into it.

However, I stopped playing it. I will only watch so many characters die due to disconnects and game crashes (I recently built a brand new computer and I still have game crashes). Unless it's fixed, and it can be fixed with an autopause feature like in Starcraft 2 multiplayer, I will not be returning to hardcore. This is supposed to be hardcore, not luckcore. And that's really a shame, because I enjoy playing hardcore way more than softcore, or most any other game for that matter.
Reply Quote
Was leveling with a friend today and watched him charge into a new map like he usually does in SC, ran right into to champ packs, I tried to provide cover fire from where I was, but when he died the hordes were closing in on me, nothing I could but retreat back down to the Southern Highlands, know what was chasing me, I decided the a discretion was the better par of valor at this point. TP to escape and give my condolences to my partner.

Equal parts rush and sadness.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 10:08 AMPosted by familia
Did this post make you feel really good? Oh so very special? Kid, you're soft.

Aw, he called me "kid". How cute.

And no, the post didn't make me feel good at all.
In fact, It made me feel sad.
It made me feel sad because it's depressing to see this large of a split in the community of this game over a choice in play style.

How you want to play Diablo 3 makes no impact in my life. The same should apply to you. But apparently, it doesn't, at least it doesn't seem to when you address me like this. Why should I let people like you insult me if we don't make the same choice?
Better than farming the same content mindlessly. Have fun with the "endgame."

We're farming the same content repeatedly, sir.

We're playing the same game.
01/31/2013 10:19 AMPosted by familia
I laugh at Softcore players thinking they're Hardcore.

I laugh at Hardcore players thinking they're Hardcore.

We're playing the same game.
Reply Quote
I'm curious to hear a better proposition. DII was easily exploited for the automatic disconnect feature and I would rather hardcore be somewhat fair in that regards. What other solution is there? Sever lag is hardly a issue, so the stability is more important on your end.

And I'll add to that, I've never died to DC but I wish my dead archived chars would have died to DC instead of the horrible death that was 100% due to my failure to properly plan, to properly execute, and to keep my cool when things fall apart so quickly that you barely have time to pick an escape route and in panic mode you hit a button for a skill that provides immediate relief but would have saved your life had you waited just a few seconds before reflexively mashing that button. Sigh.

DC deaths are not bad

RIP Fukyuu

Die to a DC and come tell us how awsome it was. Ive died to a DC and lost 2 60s to poor play ability. The DC death was much worse.
Edited by LSU#1323 on 2/2/2013 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Thominator

So you think DCing or getting vote kick PK'd is intriguing? Sounds like a nice company spin on poor design choices.

Haha I was thinking the same thing when I read this. Trying to spin DCs to sound good, what a joke.

What DC's? Obviously your connection. I haven't been DC'd in 3 months.
Reply Quote

Most time it is the players ISP. Some times its not. Ive seen streamers die to DC and their stream never cut out and their voice chat didnt cut out. It was the server. Also have you tried to buy or sell anything off the Ah lately. If you think blizzards servers can do no wrong you are far from correct.
Reply Quote

Most time it is the players ISP. Some times its not. Ive seen streamers die to DC and their stream never cut out and their voice chat didnt cut out. It was the server. Also have you tried to buy or sell anything off the Ah lately. If you think blizzards servers can do no wrong you are far from correct.

No I never claimed they can do no wrong. I have had a little rubber-banding but it was obvious and I was able to log out before anything threatening happened. I also am having a ton of problems with the HC AH. I sell Level 15 or below items cheap and the AH is just super slow. I heard it might be bots on that end though.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Grimiku
I love Hardcore because I feel like every moment is more engaging. It stinks to lose a hero, but I just remind myself that Diablo is really about killing monsters and that happens whether I am level 5 on normal or level 60 (72) in Inferno. Also, I find the dangers that lie outside of what you can control is part of the hardcore intrigue for me, and can be significantly minimized by careful play-style, spec choices, and gearing.

And surely, no disconnection can cost you all that hard work because the game is online only...
Reply Quote
Why I don't play Hardcore:

I've been killed by those stupid, self-destructing dicks in the Keep THREE TIMES BEFORE I EVER SAW THEM.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]