Diablo® III

How do you cope with death?

The biggest key is to make alternates and rotate gear. Once your character gets to level 30ish, make a new character and develop to at least level ten, dump your old gear onto them, equip what they can and keep the rest in their personal stash.

Personally I only have one alternate at a time, but I have tons of +exp gear. Doing that plus playing on high MP's, but still able to one-two shot (use high quality rubies in weapon sockets) will level you relatively quickly without having to grind.

My p13 DH died, so I just cleared normal again, level 36, no grinding, about 4-6 hours, not sure exactly. But you just have to be prepared, and realize that death is what makes HC much more thrilling. I couldn't go back to unlimited deaths, that to me is super boring.
Reply Quote
I play Star Craft 2 and stop visiting the forums for about a week. That's the time I need to get over the shock. Then, level again. This time, I have to take it much slower as I don't have the time to go balls-to-the-wall.
Reply Quote
I always keep a fresh, well-geared level 60 ready to go at all times.

Plus I've accumulated nearly two tabs of leveling gear to make the 1-60 journey quick.

Still it always hurts to lose a hero.
Reply Quote
I quit playing for about 2 weeks after i lost my WD, i think i am back now in full swing!
Reply Quote
I could deal with it if it were my fault, but when you're playing and the game decides to severely lag as soon as you run into an elite pack...well, it's hard to cope with that nonsense.
Reply Quote
what is hardcore if you have never felt death... learn from your mistakes... buckle up and reroll...

01/28/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Locke
I could deal with it if it were my fault, but when you're playing and the game decides to severely lag as soon as you run into an elite pack...well, it's hard to cope with that nonsense.

nonsense that hardcore players have agreed to upon signing (pushing the AGREE button) the permanent death form before entering into hardcore.
Edited by CrankyMonky#2942 on 1/28/2013 10:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Throw up your hands, say a few words (preferably swear words), and create a new character.
Reply Quote
what is hardcore if you have never felt death... learn from your mistakes... buckle up and reroll...

nonsense that hardcore players have agreed to upon signing (pushing the AGREE button) the permanent death form before entering into hardcore.

I'm not saying I didn't know what I was getting into, doesn't make it any less retarded that I lose hours and hours of careful playing because of 10 seconds of lag. My internet connection is usually extremely reliable, but all it takes is a few seconds of it acting up at the wrong time and all your effort goes *poof*. That's the main reason I didn't want to play HC to begin with, and now that it's happened, I probably won't bother with it again.
Reply Quote
both SC and HC have their Pro's and Con's
Reply Quote
Died several times now, only twice has it been my own stupidity though (biting off more than I could chew) Tonight was a stacked 58 wiz with full level reduc gear and i died in hell A2...DC
Im finding it hard not to just give up on this game, just lag spikes n DC's killing me , kinda wishing HC was an offline mode when death comes at server issues:( My templar was at 2k dps and I had a hydra out when it hit too, so anything remotely close shoulda been dead , kind too bummed to even swear at this point!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]