Diablo® III

Why the hate of PoE despite forum compliance?

So the forum area "Games, Gamin, and Hardware" says:

Want to talk about a non-Blizzard game, discuss a console, or ask for PC hardware purchase advice? This is the place.

So why do topics discussing Path of Exile get deleted so quickly? It's comical to me that a thread promoting D3 gold sales at some sketchy site lasts on average 4-5 hours while PoE threads last on average 2-3 hours [admittedly a loose sampling of data based on about 10 total threads]

I haven't even played PoE yet (the 10-15 gaming hours per week I can spend are still on D3 at this point), but I don't get why the mods are so anti-PoE when this very section is dedicated to "non-Blizzard game[s]"
Reply Quote
View profile
Because almost none of the PoE threads have been objective threads. They are all about how great PoE is and how bad D3 is. If they weren't trolling they wouldn't become flame wars.
Reply Quote
So why do topics discussing Path of Exile get deleted so quickly? It's comical to me that a thread promoting D3 gold sales at some sketchy site lasts on average 4-5 hours while PoE threads last on average 2-3 hours [admittedly a loose sampling of data based on about 10 total threads]

LOL.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/27/2013 8:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/27/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Skullcrusher
Because almost none of the PoE threads have been objective threads. They are all about how great PoE is and how bad D3 is. If they weren't trolling they wouldn't become flame wars.

But thats just the plain truth. Nothing else needs to be said.

If that's all that needs to be said, then no other threads about PoE need to be made.
Reply Quote
because 90% people left play d3 to make money.
the real diablo community is already in the PoE forums.

have fun
just a diablo player since 1997
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 07:52 PMPosted by GeminiEclips

About Half the threads have been started by D3 fans trashing PoE, though you are right that there really have not been any objective threads. Neither side of the argument has really managed to create and maintain one of those.

Of course, that's what always happens on the Blizzard forums. Back when GW2 was about to launch, 75% of the threads (and I kept a running tally) on the front page of WoW's sub-forum for non-Blizzard games were bad mouthing it in one way or another, and also often brought up the "fact" that the GW2 "fanboys" needed to stop spamming Blizzard's forums.

Confirmation bias on both sides in action.
Reply Quote
Yeah, spam's great!

At least PoErs apparently spam themselves with d3 hate via PoE's in-game chat. Hilarious.
Reply Quote

no auction house? thats awesome. have to spam trade requests in public chat until they mute you. sounds like fun. youll get muted long before you ever find someone who has what you want and you have what he wants. out of all the items in the game, youll never find the specific kind of items you need unless you start spamming public chat every minute of the day and hope to god there is somebody online at the same time as you that has it.

+1

This is exactly what people should realize before hating AH. Because frankly AH is one of the best thing that happen in diablo3.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 10:08 PMPosted by drankurbeer
If it was really so awesome of a game they wouldnt be spending so much time trolling diablo forums just to talk about PoE

But what else could they do when their servers are down and they're in queue (again)?

Or what if they're at work (like many seem to claim)? You think they go to work to work? LOL! Everyone has a job where they go sit on the internet goofing off. *Side note: I want one of those jobs :(

They wouldnt be wasting their time in PoE public chat taking about D3 all day and how butthurt they still are over it. They would actually be enjoying the game and playing it.

All jokes aside, this really is ridiculous. The time that I did spend trying the game out was spent without any social interaction because if I turned chat back on, I was always greeted with D3, how terrible it was, how PoE is soooo much better, etc.

I actually feel sorry for the general PoE community that actually DOES just enjoy the game. The biggest douche nozzles from Blizzard forums all seem to have found a second home over there.
Reply Quote

no auction house? thats awesome. have to spam trade requests in public chat until they mute you. sounds like fun. youll get muted long before you ever find someone who has what you want and you have what he wants. out of all the items in the game, youll never find the specific kind of items you need unless you start spamming public chat every minute of the day and hope to god there is somebody online at the same time as you that has it.

+1

This is exactly what people should realize before hating AH. Because frankly AH is one of the best thing that happen in diablo3.

I know, right? Who wants to actually play the game to hunt for items, when the D3 Shopping experience makes it so damn easy to get exactly the stats you want or need? No need for any other quality system to get just the right gear, just buy it from someone else. Not enough gold? No problem, just whip out the credit card...

/sarcasm

It's a great convenience, I'll give it that, but it detracts from the game - at least if you want any sort of longevity. Blizzard says they aspire to that for D3, but their design decisions for D3 don't reflect that.

By the way, you don't get muted when you use the trade channel in PoE. You can also work toward improving/changing the items that you do get into the items into the exact item you need. Found a white chest piece the other day that just happened to have the sockets I needed - four armorsmith scraps and an orb of alchemy later, and I got a great rare chest that had 90% of the stats I was looking for. Couple days before that got some rare gloves that had great stats but not the sockets I wanted. A few jeweler's orbs, a couple chromatic orbs, and a half dozen orbs of fusing later? The exact item I wanted.

Obviously not as convenient as just picking the stats and shopping for the item, but if I really wanted to shop instead of play a game I'd go to the QVC website.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]