Diablo® III

Sooo...Barbs forgot how to dual weild?

90 Night Elf Druid
In the last 20 years Barbarians forgot how to dual wield Two Handed weapons?

Whats the deal?

I've been thinking about this since may 15th 2012.

Mighty Weapons don't give the same feeling as dual wielding two 2 handed weapons.

Blizzard, I love you, i really do, but I dont feel like a completed barbarian without holding Two handed weapons in each hand.

My enchantress can only hold one two handed sword, yet the barbarian is crippled enough to be just as weak.

I wouldn't mind the same Debuff as in Diablo 2 with the reduced damage with the offhand, just please for the love of God let me hold two 2 handed weapons.

If you're a Barbarian Lover you will agree with this.

Even if your a Warrior Lover from World of Warcraft, you will agree with this as well.

I wish i could like my own post.

• Edit

I'm not saying "buff the barbarian" thats not my goal.

My goal is to raise support for a Barbarian to actually Dual Wield Two handed weapons, in diablo 2 , the off hand damage was reduced considerably.

an example of this is shown here

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/Hanshotfirst-Pics/Screenshot1030.jpg

http://www.darkestofangels.com/wp-content/uploads/wm-media/darkest-of-angels/gallery/videos/spotlight/spotlight-barbarian/barbarian-spotlight-1.jpg

How is this strong as hell hero, not able to hold two of what a normal man could not?

• Edit#2

This is a video of a Frenzy Barbarian in Diablo 2, and it shows him using two 2 handed weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krKu-2TD83g

• Edit#3

We actually have some constructive people in this thread, hurrrayyy. Some very nice suggestions actually.

DOWNFALL- actually suggested to lower the attack speed of the off hand two handed weapon, which is a step toward balancing it.

A few other knowledgeable people having rather nice input are as follows.

-Stalkerous
    -Japhasca
    -TheSaint
    -n0rain
    -Midnite
    -Exile
    -Rufusjwb
    -Rabidpeanut
    -Cthulhu
    -Fobran

Info; The thread seems to kick off on page 3.
  • Edited by Shaunaxo#1574 on 1/29/2013 9:24 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Wow... buff Barb?

Barb already spin2win, and with this request... how about making all monsters and elites immediately explode and die when it see a barb dual weal 2 handed weapon.

There is a reason why it is call: 2 handed weapon.

Stop being low using gender to justify your request. Barb or Enchantress, both are with 2 hands.
    Reply Quote
    Agreed. Barbs do not need anymore buffs. How about give the witch doctor and the wizard's 5 arms so they can hold 5 weapons, no even better HOLD 5 2-HANDED WEAPONS!! and give them 300% movement speed. k thx
    Edited by Ewokese#1268 on 1/27/2013 9:07 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    I think monks should get two pairs of gloves. I mean, male monks are bald. This causes us to get cold and it's hard to generate spirit when you're cold. Two pairs of gloves would help.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Wow... buff Barb?

Barb already spin2win, and with this request... how about making all monsters and elites immediately explode and die when it see a barb dual weal 2 handed weapon.

There is a reason why it is call: 2 handed weapon.

Stop being low using gender to justify your request. Barb or Enchantress, both are with 2 hands.

01/27/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Ewokese
    Agreed. Barbs do not need anymore buffs. How about give the witch doctor and the wizard's 5 arms so they can hold 5 weapons, no even better HOLD 5 2-HANDED WEAPONS!! and give them 300% movement speed. k thx

01/27/2013 09:13 PMPosted by ViciousPanda
    I think monks should get two pairs of gloves. I mean, male monks are bald. This causes us to get cold and it's hard to generate spirit when you're cold. Two pairs of gloves would help.

Such constructive feedback from the smart society...
    Reply Quote
    old man should not dual wield 2 handed weapons. you might break your back.
    edit: neither should ginger women.
    Edited by Regenerator#1514 on 1/27/2013 9:25 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    old man should not dual wield. you might break your back.
    edit: neither should women.

Why edit a troll post?

jw.

Barbs will eventually get it, i'm just wondering why it wasn't implemented.

Worked perfect in D2.
    Reply Quote
    stuff got heavy.
    Reply Quote
    old man should not dual wield. you might break your back.
    edit: neither should women.

Why edit a troll post?

jw.

edit: neither should ginger women.

logically since male barbie is a old man, we are supposed to get an old hag for f barbie. but instead we got this somewhat sexualized ginger, implying that blizz dont want to make completely unsexualized character neither. and a woman able to hold 2 2 handed weapon and still stand upright is...just wrong :/
    Reply Quote
    -OMG HE SAID BUFF BARB ERMAGERD *nerd rage*

01/27/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Veda
    Barb already spin2win

^ very smart response, i love the intelligence of this sentance.

You missed the point.

I wanna see barb to have this buff:

01/27/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Veda
    making all monsters and elites immediately explode and die when it see a barb dual weal 2 handed weapon.
    Reply Quote
    Only one of the many things we have forgotten how to do from Diablo 2 :p
    Reply Quote
    Blues should check this out, that is the only reason it's a bit hard to get used to the bars in D3, barbarians should be able to wield 2 2h weapons like in D2.

Barbarians are way stronger than any warriors in mythology as well. Barbs always used to be able to carry heavy weapons in both hands when other warriors couldn't. They can easily swing a two handed weapon with one hand. Barbs had strength of a bear and other strong creatures. They are buffed up and have godly strength.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p11/Stalkerous/htdf-barbarians_zps6eb0780d.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p11/Stalkerous/diablo-3-beta-barbarian-guide_zps1335475b.jpg

The Barb should've been able to do what he is able to do in the pictures from D3 guide, as well as that class should've been left alone, and just copied over from D2. The way the barb is now it makes no sense.
    Edited by Stalkerous#1787 on 1/27/2013 9:48 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    If barb can suddenly remember how to dual wield 2 handed weapons (based on D2 legacy), then Cain would still be alive.

Please make both happen or none.
    Reply Quote
    Buff teh barbsssss Dual Wield 3 handed weapon =D
    Reply Quote
    In the last 20 years Barbarians forgot how to dual wield Two Handed weapons?

Whats the deal?

I've been thinking about this since may 15th 2012.

Mighty Weapons don't give the same feeling as dual wielding two 2 handed weapons.

Blizzard, I love you, i really do, but I dont feel like a completed barbarian without holding Two handed weapons in each hand.

My enchantress can only hold one two handed sword, yet the barbarian is crippled enough to be just as weak.

I wouldn't mind the same Debuff as in Diablo 2 with the reduced damage with the offhand, just please for the love of God let me hold two 2 handed weapons.

If you're a Barbarian Lover you will agree with this.

Even if your a Warrior Lover from World of Warcraft, you will agree with this as well.

I wish i could like my own post.

• Edit

I'm not saying "buff the barbarian" thats not my goal.

My goal is to raise support for a Barbarian to actually Dual Wield Two handed weapons, in diablo 2 , the off hand damage was reduced considerably.

an example of this is shown here

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/Hanshotfirst-Pics/Screenshot1030.jpg

http://www.darkestofangels.com/wp-content/uploads/wm-media/darkest-of-angels/gallery/videos/spotlight/spotlight-barbarian/barbarian-spotlight-1.jpg

How is this strong as hell hero, not able to hold two of what a normal man could not?
  • Pretty sure you wrote an "I quit" post last week.

Yup, found it:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708951520

Go quit and move on with life. Stop trolling the D3 forums.
    Reply Quote
    i don't think OP is asking for a buff... he just wants to dual wield 2H weaps. he might even accept it if you get lower damage by slowing down the swings etc.

however, this is not an area which needs urgent attention, so blizz is unlikely to make this happen... they have pvp balancing to worry about, and i doubt it will ever please everyone
    Reply Quote
    wow cybergoat you are good :D
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Pretty sure you wrote an "I quit" post last week.

Yup, found it:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708951520

Go quit and move on with life. Stop trolling the D3 forums.

I came back.

Because I have ADHD and Diablo is the only thing that cures this deficiency.

Can't i get a welcome back? Or should i make a 'Welcome back' thread.

In any case, if you have nothing constructive to say, then leave, thanks :P Or you can stay and be "that guy", ya know , the one that annoys everyone with useless information.

01/27/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Immt
    wow cybergoat you are good :D

You supporting him makes you look even more blasphemous. :P

Stay on topic. Thanks!
    Edited by Shaunaxo#1574 on 1/27/2013 10:03 PM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]