Diablo® III

Sooo...Barbs forgot how to dual weild?

I'm sure someone has mentioned this already, and I don't have the attention span to peruse 9 pages of this thread, but barbs could only dual wield 2-handed SWORDS. Not maces, axes, etc..

Having said that, I do support the idea of dual-wielding 2-handed swords, with the appropriate balancing. Yet another feature of D2 they inexplicably missed, yet another facet of this game that is dumbed-down from its predecessor.

If nothing else, wouldn't this stimulate the economy in some way.. in that picking up, examining, and using/trading 2-H swords might actually be worthwhile? Right now it's among the most-ignored type of rares.
Reply Quote
Baldur's Gate on PlayStation 2 was worth the price of the whole PlayStation. You fought on with your barbarian until he could dual wield two-handed weapons, and the game was a blast.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Stalkerous
barbarians should be able to wield 2 2h weapons like in D2.

MAYBE OP SHOULD GO PLAY D2, IN D2 BARBS COULD NEVER DUEL WELD TWO TWO HANDED SWORDS
Reply Quote
Blizzard tried to simplify the combat system so much that functionality was lost in order to balance the classes. Focus should be placed back into the function of the combat systems, and then balance the classes afterward. I mean the Barbarian does look pretty ripped, it only makes sense for him to be able to hold a large weapon with one hand.

Overall, I feel that Diablo 3 is a good game. It just needs some work to bring it up to par with the Diablo name. I look forward to seeing the improvements, and I hope that ideas like this are considered, as well as some smaller ideas circulating the forums.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Wraith
MAYBE OP SHOULD GO PLAY D2, IN D2 BARBS COULD NEVER DUEL WELD TWO TWO HANDED SWORDS

Hey ALL CAPS, maybe you should go play it. They most certainly could dual-wield 2H swords.
Reply Quote
i dont think 400% crit damage is fair with 2 - 2 handed weapons
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Wraith
barbarians should be able to wield 2 2h weapons like in D2.

Dafaq you talking about..... are you for real?
Reply Quote
i can hold 5 swords in each hand as a human, maybe the barb can run around with 10 total since the barb is 5 times my size?
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Bunchies
i can hold 5 swords in each hand as a human, maybe the barb can run around with 10 total since the barb is 5 times my size?

ok Straw Man, don't misconstrue the argument. The point is quite simple: The barbarian in Diablo 2 could dual wield 2H swords, the barb in D3 cannot. Why? The barbarian sets himself apart from other classes with brute size and strength, it was a unique element of his class that made the game more interesting.

Look at the visual representation of a barbarian. Now look at a monk. Explain to me why their dual-wielding capabilities are identical.

It all stems back to poor itemization and customization. If you ask me it's completely F%#ing jacked that a skinny little caster (wizard) can wield a massive axe. Likewise it's strange that a Barbarian (aside from Mighty Weapons that nobody uses) has no extra versatility for wielding weapons given his size and strength.
Reply Quote
The stats on 2H weapons have been buffed too much for this to happen. It'd be pain in the !@# to reduce them for duel wielding.
Reply Quote
View profile
Why would DH's, or any class besides Monk, need the same amount of damage reduction as a Barb?! If my DH had the same defense as my Barb, I would literally never die. I'm sorry, it's just a horrible idea...

But I do agree with the OP! Thumbs up

...right...
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/27/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Veda
Stop being low using gender to justify your request. Barb or Enchantress, both are with 2 hands.

I'm actually curious if we play the same diablo 3 because in the one I play I'm pretty sure barb doesn't mean male...pretty sure you can have female barbs. That being said, could you please clarify how they are using gender because I am kind of lost as to your post.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/28/2013 02:27 PMPosted by ZingyDNA
The stats on 2H weapons have been buffed too much for this to happen. It'd be pain in the !@# to reduce them for duel wielding.

The game just runs an algorithm in the background and reduces them on your damage pane... am I missing something here???
Reply Quote
i miss d.W botds
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 02:30 PMPosted by TheOneRaven

The game just runs an algorithm in the background and reduces them on your damage pane... am I missing something here???

There is more to it than that. If you reduce stats too much or too little it'll create imbalance. There will be people crying either way. If they get it right, what's the difference between two 2H and two 1H? Or you just wanna look cool with 2 skorns?
Reply Quote
Ofc barbs shoud be able to dw two 2 handers.Hey they coud in diablo2.

But if they get that......

Also wd shoud get to summon 40+ skeletons and cast iron maiden/low rezist/poison nova.
Monks shoud get fanaticism,bless shield and zealot.
Wizz shoud get mana shield ,tempest and frozen orb.
Dh shoud get (insert amazon/assasin skill here).

All of us miss great diablo2 skills/features. Duno wtf todays blizzard is doing, but it”s not the same blizzard i respected back in those days.
Edited by virtloop27#2411 on 1/28/2013 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
as a barb fanatic I would have to completely agree with the thread.....
Reply Quote
Also wd shoud get to summon 40+ skeletons and cast iron maiden/low rezist/poison nova.
Monks shoud get fanaticism,bless shield and zealot.
Wizz shoud get mana shield ,tempest and frozen orb.
Dh shoud get (insert amazon/assasin skill here).

More straw men..

You are distorting the argument. Dual wielding 2H swords was a feature of the CLASS not a skill, thereby adding more diversity to the game.

I think anyone that supports this idea would NOT support the concept of this being an overall buff for the barb, rather that it simply adds more choices and build diversity. When's the last time you saw anybody using a Two handed sword in this game??
Reply Quote
barbs are already sprinting and spinning ruining public matches. y u wna make em more op? already super annoying to play with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]